**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

16 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

These long breaks between the last two games is not only helpful for Joel, but also for Batum and Lowry. 

Big if true

• Haha 1

Anyone want KD, Suns are Fed. You see it all the time with a new owner and wanting to make a splash. It always backfires 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Anyone want KD, Suns are Fed. You see it all the time with a new owner and wanting to make a splash. It always backfires 

What’s their problem? Lack of depth? Haven’t watched a ton of Suns. 

19 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

What’s their problem? Lack of depth? Haven’t watched a ton of Suns. 

Two great players in Booker and KD who don't really fit together well.

Then you got Beal who looking like just a guy but owed 160 million for next 3 years. The rest of the roster besides Grayson Allen is a bunch of bench dudes. 

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Heard rumors if things went really bad in playoffs that both KD and Booker could be available at the right price. Issue with KD is how many years does he have left in the future and what would it take to get him. If he has 3 years left it’s basically your window with Embiid anyway. But once he and Embiid decline it’s rough cause it’s likely costing you a lot of your assets but if he helps you win a title I’m guessing we’d all take it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Heard rumors if things went really bad in playoffs that both KD and Booker could be available at the right price. Issue with KD is how many years does he have left in the future and what would it take to get him. If he has 3 years left it’s basically your window with Embiid anyway. But once he and Embiid decline it’s rough cause it’s likely costing you a lot of your assets but if he helps you win a title I’m guessing we’d all take it 

This year was the most minutes he played since 13/14 which is crazy. It think his game ages well as well. 

KD can fit in any system and a willing defender. 

He would be number #1 target over PG or Ingram 

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This year was the most minutes he played since 13/14 which is crazy. It think his game ages well as well. 

KD can fit in any system and a willing defender. 

He would be number #1 target over PG or Ingram 

Unless the suns just want to dump salary to avoid luxury tax and get picks, then it benefits the Sixers as they can absorb his contract with their cap and give them the draft assets. I’d make the move cause frankly KD, Maxey and Embiid gives us our best shot at a title over the next 3 years. 

• Like 1

If Tobias scores over 13 points today you can thank me later as my parlay included taking him for the under at 13.5

That was a block looking at the replay 

2 minutes ago, Mat said:

That was a block looking at the replay 

Small body contact. That should’ve been a play on as been more contact in This game then that. I’d challenge it but have a feeling the officials keep it and you’d lose the challenge. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Small body contact. That should’ve been a play on as been more contact in This game then that. I’d challenge it but have a feeling the officials keep it and you’d lose the challenge. 

The side angle showed Maxey's hands on him so maybe it was a late whistle for that? Not a lot in it

They reversed the challanged call, 6'ers ball though 

5 minutes ago, Mat said:

The side angle showed Maxey's hands on him so maybe it was a late whistle for that? Not a lot in it

They reversed the challanged call, 6'ers ball though 

Frankly i thought he OG block was more of a foul then maxey. He got Embiid on the arm. Then again i don’t think either should’ve been called and the Knicks got it overturned but feels like a big risk early in the game to challenge that. 

Melton is in. Let’s see how he looks. 

Embiid playing like he has a point to prove

Melton getting minutes 

5 rebounds, 4 assists and 10 points for Embiid. He is forcing a little bit out there, but he has been excellent. Basically been playing PG

Nice to be up 10 but i feel like the sixers could’ve been up more. They missed a bunch of nice looks when they got it to 8. Probably could’ve extended it to 16-18 if they made the shots. Gonna need the bench to step up for more than 1 point when we sit Embiid 

The B-Ball Paul minutes have been bad. At least he came up with the block

9 minutes ago, Mat said:

The B-Ball Paul minutes have been bad. At least he came up with the block

Bench mins in general have been awful. Literally the sixers are -12 with Embiid off the court. He needs to just play 42-44 mins. And only sit 2 mins at a time.  

Paul Reed is -38 in the series in 30.5 mins. Might want to consider using bamba at this point. He can’t be worse than what Paul Reed has been in his mins. 

Clippers played Batum at the 5 in the playoffs a few years ago. Maybe try to match his minutes and make him the 5 when Achiuwa is in