**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

:lol:  

Bob making it up based off this 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The rebounding hasn’t been good in the series, but really the biggest issue in the series has been the on court Embiid  the minutes and the off court embiid minutes. +34 with him on court and -37 with him off. That’s 71 point differential. That’s ridiculously bad. Like you said if they were just even or average with him off the court, this serious looks entirely different. But since the Sixers are so inept with him not on the court, they’re gonna wind up losing the series. When it goes from a 12 point lead to basically tied within 3-4 minutes of him on the bench, that is a massive problem.  nurse has to try something different tomorrow night. I would try to rest him two minutes each quarter. Finding two minutes. Because if you’re going to try to extend it to four or five minutes with him off the court, you are going to get the same results you have. 

Maxey is nowhere near as effective driving when Embiid is off the floor. The opposing C has no respect for Paul Reed and they sit in the paint to alter or block his shot. Bamba doesn't seem like an answer, I think they have to play Batum at the 5 and go with a bigger guard next to Maxey. Maybe something like Maxey, Melton, Oubre, Harris and Batum. That's assuming Melton can go in those minutes. Otherwise Hield if he hasn't been such a black hole offensively would be the other option. 

Covington would have been the perfect option in this situation but he isn't healthy 

7 minutes ago, Mat said:

Maxey is nowhere near as effective driving when Embiid is off the floor. The opposing C has no respect for Paul Reed and they sit in the paint to alter or block his shot. Bamba doesn't seem like an answer, I think they have to play Batum at the 5 and go with a bigger guard next to Maxey. Maybe something like Maxey, Melton, Oubre, Harris and Batum. That's assuming Melton can go in those minutes. Otherwise Hield if he hasn't been such a black hole offensively would be the other option. 

Covington would have been the perfect option in this situation but he isn't healthy 

They should’ve played Melton in game 3. Even if it was 5 to 7 minutes, you would’ve knocked off some of the rust. So that in game four he could’ve played maybe three more minutes then he did and been more effective. So then by the time you got to game 5 maybe he can be up around 12-15 minutes. Having active for game 3 and not playing him was frankly ridiculous. He needed the time to knock rust off and see if he could hold up and how he’d respond with the layoff to game 4.

id try bamba just to see. Right now he can’t be any worse than what Reed is giving you. I agree on going small with batum at the 5 to try and force the Knicks to have to extend their defense and maybe you can just match bucket for bucket. The biggest issue with that is our rebounding is dreadful. They are likely gonna get killed on the glass. But really if offensively can just be even with the Knicks or close to even it’s a win for you. 

seth joyner is out!  :lol:

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

tobias singlehandedly taking up 30% of the 76ers' salary cap for the past few years. :nonono:  i really don't wanna watch on tuesday because i think they get blown out...but i have to watch tobi's final game as a sixer! :worthy:  

If PG resigns Morey will replace it with another bum. 

I mean they never really replaced Harden's production and expecting a bunch of role dudes to replace it is just dumb thinking. 

Getting pretty much nothing besides Batum for the Simmons and Harden trades is a masterclass by Morey. 

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If PG resigns Morey will replace it with another bum. 

I mean they never really replaced Harden's production and expecting a bunch of role dudes to replace it is just dumb thinking. 

Getting pretty much nothing besides Batum for the Simmons and Harden trades is a masterclass by Morey. 

I said this last off-season and people didn’t want to accept it. people still don’t want to accept it. They were never screwing up their 2024 off-season for this current season. If they made moves it was guys in expiring deals that could help them stay competitive for this year but not hurt them this upcoming offseason. They were never taking on multicontracts because of that. The only way they were gonna do it is if they got a star type player in that deal. 

not really sure why people thought they were gonna be a better team without James Harden. And this isn’t like oh my God James Harden is incredible. You aren’t going to lose that type of player and just fill the team with role players and be better. It was just not gonna happen. Even though Maxey made a jump this year, you still didn’t have that third player that would be in the mix because Tobias sucks. And the role players they have aren’t consistent (batum, Lowry, Payne… buddy hield vastly disappointing) and two of them are hurt (melton barely played).

you can call it dumb thinking, but their goal was just to stay competitive this year while not Fing up their 2024 off-season. that was the goal for them this year. I’d say they accomplished it as they aren’t getting destroyed by the Knicks. They are down 3-1 and point differential is -4 for the series. this series could very easily be tied at 2-2. Their goal wasn’t replace James harden with role players in 2023-24 and win a title. Their goal was not screw up their 2024 cap and assets while staying competitive this year. Now they might completely F up this off-season and frankly, I think they do. But ultimately their 2023-24 plan was exactly how it played out. 

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Jalen Brunson has a player option after the 2024-2025 season :ph34r:

No room. I already assume we are getting LeBron and Durant this summer. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

:lol:  

Man I said it somewhat jokingly yesterday in the blog and I just said it in here before I scrolled down and saw this. 

Let's get serious,  can he and LeBron come together with Embiid to win a couple things here at the end of their careers with the end of embiid prime?

Morey, this one is worth tampering for.  Lay the groundwork!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Man I said it somewhat jokingly yesterday in the blog and I just said it in here before I scrolled down and saw this. 

Let's get serious,  can he and LeBron come together with Embiid to win a couple things here at the end of their careers with the end of embiid prime?

Morey, this one is worth tampering for.  Lay the groundwork!

Was told by somebody who used to work for the suns (former assistant) that KD was not happy all year with how the coaching was. Nor with the roster construction when they dealt Ayton and got what they did. The Suns are kind of stuck with this roster because of the new second apron and the new collective bargaining agreement. Was told also they may explore trading KD or Booker, but their owner is unlikely to sign off (was told there’s always a price but likely way too much for KD at this stage of his career). He already knows he has no assets for the foreseeable future so his best bet is to see if this thing plays itself out into a title which it won’t.

My personal belief and the guy I talked to was that they should stockpile assets and cash in on KD before his inevitable decline. If you play it out and it’s the same issue next year and the year after, KD value will be dried up and you’re gonna be left with no assets besides Booker who might be a declining asset by the time you go to deal him. Have no assets in terms of draft capital right now due to KD deal. But at least if you trade him and maybe even Booker you can possibly clear cap space faster and get some draft assets to build the roster the way you want once Beal becomes an expiring in 2 years. 

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was told by somebody who used to work for the suns (former assistant) that KD was not happy all year with how the coaching was. Nor with the roster construction when they dealt Ayton and got what they did. The Suns are kind of stuck with this roster because of the new second apron and the new collective bargaining agreement. Was told also they may explore trading KD or Booker, but their owner is unlikely to sign off (was told there’s always a price but likely way too much for KD at this stage of his career). He already knows he has no assets for the foreseeable future so his best bet is to see if this thing plays itself out into a title which it won’t.

My personal belief and the guy I talked to was that they should stockpile assets and cash in on KD before his inevitable decline. If you play it out and it’s the same issue next year and the year after, KD value will be dried up and you’re gonna be left with no assets besides Booker who might be a declining asset by the time you go to deal him. Have no assets in terms of draft capital right now due to KD deal. But at least if you trade him and maybe even Booker you can possibly clear cap space faster and get some draft assets to build the roster the way you want once Beal becomes an expiring in 2 years. 

Im just talking pie in the sky scenarios here but LeBron has a player option. If he would be willing to take a little less once more, they can set up a crazy super team here if the 6ers traded everything for Durant, and signed LeBron with cap after he declines his player option in LA.

Maxey, ?, Durant, LeBron, Embiid

that SG can be the cheapest of the cheap. Ricky Council, Terq Smith, Nurse's boy Dowtin or LeBron's son for all I care. It doesnt really matter. 

Championships.

• Haha 1

Ugh - the thought of having to root for Lebron makes me sick 

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Ugh - the thought of having to root for Lebron makes me sick 

hes a poopy head but I'll take some championships. The unfortunate reality is he is the most perfect 4 man you could possibly think of to play next to Embiid. I just think it would work. He could coast through a season on easy mode and produce more than Harris did. Sorta like Butler did here averaging around 16 or so. And then kick it up a notchin playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im just talking pie in the sky scenarios here but LeBron has a player option. If he would be willing to take a little less once more, they can set up a crazy super team here if the 6ers traded everything for Durant, and signed LeBron with cap after he declines his player option in LA.

Maxey, ?, Durant, LeBron, Embiid

that SG can be the cheapest of the cheap. Ricky Council, Terq Smith, Nurse's boy Dowtin or LeBron's son for all I care. It doesnt really matter. 

Championships.

Take this for what it’s worth, the same guy I talk with asked me why do you think it’s a given that they go get Paul George? James Harden was morey’s guy and roughly the same age and they didn’t want to give James Harden the type of contract he wanted (max money). Paul George has had his own issues over his career and wants that last max type money. He doesn’t think it’s a given. It’s why i put out the other day i don’t think it’s Paul George or bust as James harden was morey’s guy and they still didn’t want to pay him max money. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Take this for what it’s worth, the same guy I talk with asked me why do you think it’s a given that they go get Paul George? James Harden was morey’s guy and roughly the same age and they didn’t want to give James Harden the type of contract he wanted (max money). Paul George has had his own issues over his career and wants that last max type money. He doesn’t think it’s a given. It’s why i put out the other day i don’t think it’s Paul George or bust as James harden was morey’s guy and they still didn’t want to pay him max money. 

Well, imo Harden didnt get his money because he wasnt very good here.

59 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

No room. I already assume we are getting LeBron and Durant this summer. 

Id rather not win a championship than this scenario. It would feel super fraudulent. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Well, imo Harden didnt get his money because he wasnt very good here.

Didnt get his money cause he declined, wasnt as good as he used to be and also was asking for a max extension at 34 years old and they didnt want to pay him it. Paul George is also declining (not as steep as harden’s was), 34, first time playing in the playoffs the last 3 years (as he’s healthy) and often injured over the last 4 years. I actually think the sixers believe there’s a trade out there and PG is going to wind up using the sixers to get more money from the clippers in the end. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Didnt get his money cause he declined, wasnt as good as he used to be and also was asking for a max extension at 34 years old and they didnt want to pay him it. Paul George is also declining (not as steep as harden’s was), 34, first time playing in the playoffs the last 3 years (as he’s healthy) and often injured over the last 4 years. I actually think the sixers believe there’s a trade out there and PG is going to wind up using the sixers to get more money from the clippers in the end. 

Thats why Harden didnt get paid, we agree there. 

Realistically, I dont trust Morey to be smart enough to learn from his mistakes. The 6ers MO is overpaying to bring in old past their prime players. No one who is great, and still young ever wants to come here. Its part stupidity on Morey's part, and part lack of other suitable options.

The 6ers have enough for 2 max slots. I expect a trade to happen. But I fully expect the other slot to be wasted on old Paul George. So whatever the trade is, I hope its a good one.

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Realistically, I dont trust Morey to be smart enough to learn from his mistakes. The 6ers MO is overpaying to bring in old past their prime players. No one who is great, and still young ever wants to come here. Its part stupidity on Morey's part, and part lack of other suitable options.

The 6ers have enough for 2 max slots. I expect a trade to happen. But I fully expect the other slot to be wasted on old Paul George. So whatever the trade is, I hope it’s a good one.

Do the sixers have 2 max slots? I thought they had one and close to a 2nd if things worked out for them.

I still believe Paul George when all is said and done winds up back on the clippers tbh. I think when push comes to shove he wants to be in LA and the clippers are limited in options if he leaves so they’ll eventually cave  

i think the bigger move they are trying to go for is a trade. I don’t know who or what it is but i think that’s what their plan is. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Do the sixers have 2 max slots? I thought they had one and close to a 2nd if things worked out for them.

I still believe Paul George when all is said and done winds up back on the clippers tbh. I think when push comes to shove he wants to be in LA and the clippers are limited in options if he leaves so they’ll eventually cave  

i think the bigger move they are trying to go for is a trade. I don’t know who or what it is but i think that’s what their plan is. 

The trade is likely Embiid and Rubin's boy Donovan Mitchell. Like it or not...

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

The trade is likely Embiid and Rubin's boy Donovan Mitchell. Like it or not...

I mean could be worse. I don’t think he’s a good match with maxey but they’ve made far worse trades and paid far worse guys. 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It wasnt the wrong decision, but they could have done it better. For instance, throw Tobi in the detroit trade to get that to the finish line. Surely since Detroit wants him, we would have Bogdanovic playing for US in this series instead of them. Burks isnt even in their playoff rotation. He might be a scorer off the bench for us, which we are lacking right now. Not making that trade, and staying with Tobi is a pivotal decision in this series. The way we played it is resulting in a 1st playoff loss round loss, being beat in part by the player we chose to keep, and the player we chose not to play for. Bogdanovic does have an expiring contract so, it would have fit in the plan of prioritizing next summer. 

Not getting Drummond, and having not alternate plan was also horrible.

I believe there were other trade options on expiring deals as well. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean could be worse. I don’t think he’s a good match with maxey but they’ve made far worse trades and paid far worse guys. 

hes at least in his prime. and can carry a team on offense when other guys just arent on. I dont hate it. Figure out the defense later. Dont really care.

Its not the ideal fit but I dont mind it. Im sure plenty of people wont like it though.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The 6ers have enough for 2 max slots. I expect a trade to happen. But I fully expect the other slot to be wasted on old Paul George. So whatever the trade is, I hope its a good one.

If I'm Paul George I would rather go to Orlando to be honest. Better weather, no state taxes, and young guys that can carry the load and not trusting Embiid to not be hurt 

• Like 1

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

If I'm Paul George I would rather go to Orlando to be honest. Better weather, no state taxes, and young guys that can carry the load and not trusting Embiid to not be hurt 

that would be good. I hope he does.