**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

IMG_1076.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Did Embiid pass up the open shot to try and draw a 3 point play?

1 minute ago, Mat said:

Did Embiid pass up the open shot to try and draw a 3 point play?

Foul baiter came back to bite him

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Foul baiter came back to bite him

He wasn't baiting though, I think he legitimately tried to draw contact and sink the shot to cut it down to 2 from 5. It was weird in that situation 

Passing up that wide open jumper was Ben Simmons-esque

And that is the season.....

This team is in desperate need of rebounders. 

2 minutes ago, Mat said:

He wasn't baiting though, I think he legitimately tried to draw contact and sink the shot to cut it down to 2 from 5. It was weird in that situation 

Soooooooooooo he was looking for a foul aka foul baiting

embiid was gassed...played the entire 2nd half.

• Like 1

After four games:

76ers:
36 offensive rebounds
40 second chance points 

Knicks:
61 offensive rebounds 
79 second chance points

• Like 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

Yup. They should have rested him while Brunson was off

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Soooooooooooo he was looking for a foul aka foul baiting

So is that the justification, he passed the wide open shot to try for the and 1? Not sure I agree with the logic. The refs haven't been kind to us. Wasn't there enough time to sink the 2 then foul and go for a final 3?

Just now, Mat said:

Yup. They should have rested him while Brunson was off

yeah...even a couple minutes would've helped. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

This team is in desperate need of rebounders. 

Precious is a RFA 

Goga Bitadze, C, for Magic 

Are really the only names I can find that are available in the off season after a quick search

Just now, Gannan said:

So is that the justification, he passed the wide open shot to try for the and 1? Not sure I agree with the logic. The refs haven't been kind to us. Wasn't there enough time to sink the 2 then foul and go for a final 3?

the game was already lost at that point. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

When we got 2 blocks on one possession but still ended up giving up a basket because of all the offensive rebounds NY was getting, I felt the season fading away. 

Just now, Gannan said:

I think was like 30 seconds left.

Embiid has always hunted for fouls and that possession it came back to bite him. 

It is a tough jumper because probably 3 feet in front of what he practices, but Duncan backboard shot was available. 

4 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

After four games:

76ers:
36 offensive rebounds
40 second chance points 

Knicks:
61 offensive rebounds 
79 second chance points

Was the key before the series and having a 4 and 3 in Tobias and Oubre not known as big rebounders killed them.

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Maxey can't miss that wide open 3 down the stretch

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Maxey can't miss that wide open 3 down the stretch

He needed that one. Would have totally swung the momentum. 

17 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Played the last 31 mins of the game. To me the two biggest issues are

1. The non-embiid minutes and the bench have been atrocious. If you are just closer to even with embiid off the court you probably are in this series with a chance to win it. But they have been horrific with Embiid off the court (in every game including game 3). So Joel Embiid is having to play 31 straight minutes which you knew was going to affect him down the stretch. But you basically had to do it cause of how atrocious we are with him on the bench. It needs to be a point of emphasis to have at least competency with embiid on the bench in the offseason. Also, Nick nurse needs to know he can’t play five minutes with embiid off the floor like he did in the 2nd quarter. You can go 2 maybe 3. Once you start going above that then you are asking for trouble. Frankly I’d find 2-2.5 mins every quarter to give him rest. It’s better than the let’s do 4-5 each half 

2. their rebounding has been bad especially in big spots. The issue is Harris and oubre aren’t great rebounders. And you need your guards to also attack the glass. It’s why hart even when he’s not scoring can be as effective as he is. The sixers need a wing that can give them that type of rebounding and a better 4 than Tobias.  

• Like 1

Less than 3 months until the Birds report to training camp...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Played the last 31 mins of the game. To me the two biggest issues are

1. The non-embiid minutes and the bench have been atrocious. If you are just closer to even with embiid off the court you probably are in this series with a chance to win it. But they have been horrific with Embiid off the court (in every game including game 3). So Joel Embiid is having to play 31 straight minutes which you knew was going to affect him down the stretch. It needs to be a point of emphasis to have at least competency with embiid on the bench in the offseason. 

2. their rebounding has been bad especially in big spots. The issue is Harris and oubre aren’t great rebounders. And you need your guards to also attack the glass. It’s why hart even when he’s not scoring can be as effective as he is. The sixers need a wing that can give them that type of rebounding and a better 4 than Tobias.  

McBride outscored the bench himself 13 - 6

Bojan would have helped, but saving assets for the summer.

I just dont get saving assets and having Embiid come back not fully healthy. If Embiid says he wants to play this year then you do everything you can to build around him this year, not wait for the summer. Morey can make a splash trade, even though his splashes for the Sixers sucked, but damn he is terrible at bringing in guys around the fringes to fill out a roster. 

Nurse should try some other guys.  Might as well at this point