**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

39 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You don't want him

Im not mad. Im just pointing out again how no one picks philly. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Part of me wonders if the heat realized that there’s a good chance the blazers aren’t able to pull off a big move for 3rd overall pick and simons to keep lillard happy and he is gonna become available. So they backed off with their initial interest in beal Im guessing whatever deal portland makes lillard is signing off on it so if the draft comes and Portland gets stuck at 3 and can’t get that other star then i think dame might actually ask out.

Riley is pretty smart so i wonder if they thought there’s a good chance Dame becomes available and if they are likely going to be paying a trio big money rather use the Cap and money for dame then tying themselves to beal. 

It is possible that the Hornets are stupid enough to draft Miller over Scoot so that 3rd pick has real value to a team. To me OG and Boucher for 3rd and Simons is more than value.

12 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Philly just isn’t a preferred destination.  Is what it is.

Eh there was like 3 different reporters who cover the sixers who said the sixers wanted no part of beal and that contract. Frankly some of this makes me believe they think harden is coming back. They could’ve done a beal deal anyway and kept harden if they did like a 2 year $75 mil contact with a player option on a 3rd but they’d be where the suns are with the second apron once maxey gets his rookie extension. Basically screwed in what you can do and long term locked into beal and harden. Not great 

I don’t think people understand if this suns don’t move DeAndre ayton and don’t win a title next year then 2024-25 they are really Fing themselves over. They currently are at the 1st apron with 5 players under contract in ayton, Payne, Kd, beal and Booker for next year. Meaning they have $10 mil til second apron. In 2024-25 beal, kd, Booker alone make 151 mil. Add ayton they are at $185 mil which is already over the second apron. So they are basically going to have to move Deandre Ayton for pennies on the dollar for whatever teams are willing to give him or a team that actually has cap space to just absorb that contract so they can get space to make moves. And if they keep him, they can’t do anything in 2024-25. It is the ultimate they are all in right now and if beal and KD don’t stay healthy they are Fed 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It is possible that the Hornets are stupid enough to draft Miller over Scoot so that 3rd pick has real value to a team. To me OG and Boucher for 3rd and Simons is more than value.

I wonder if dame believes OG and Boucher is good enough to get him to a title especially with the move the suns just made and teams our west. I tend to think dame wants a bigger name appeal than OG to be his sidekick. Don’t disagree with your take i just think dame wants a big star to play with especially if his other potential option is butler and bam

Is it crazy to say Id take Tyus Jones here running point over Harden right now?

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Is it crazy to say Id take Tyus Jones here running point over Harden right now?

He is a great lead guard who has disappeared in the playoffs the last two years. 

No doubt they are dangling him for a wing right now

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

My belief is the suns have two years to win a title. If they don’t win it in year 1 or 2 of this trio they are basically screwed going forward. Year 3 they are paying Booker, Kd and beal $160 mil and not going to have the ability to make moves until beal becomes an expiring contract in year 4 or could move KD as an expiring contract which frankly likely means he’s not the same player anymore and they didn’t win a title. Even as an expiring contract beal still has that no trade clause so he can just say no i don’t want to. And potentially still stuck with that team for another year

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

dopes giving him that no trade clause, definitely Fed them

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

dopes giving him that no trade clause, definitely Fed them

Listening to a couple podcasts apparently it was known he wanted to get his 5 year max from the wizards and eventually he was asking out at some point. So the wizards were dumb to give him that. He wanted the 5th year so the wizards had leverage to be like no and he’d lose that 5th year at that time if he walked  

The fact the wizards didn’t just try to do a sign and trade last year was ridiculous. Would’ve gotten more then and the fact you let the guy who you were just going to replace a year later do the negotiations. Feels like something the flyers would do and did with fletcher. 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Listening to a couple podcasts apparently it was known he wanted to get his 5 year max from the wizards and eventually he was asking out at some point. So the wizards were dumb to give him that. He wanted the 5th year so the wizards had leverage to be like no and he’d lose that 5th year at that time if he walked  

The fact the wizards didn’t just try to do a sign and trade last year was ridiculous. Would’ve gotten more then and the fact you let the guy who you were just going to replace a year later do the negotiations. Feels like something the flyers would do and did with fletcher. 

Heat would be smart to pivot to Kuzma for Lowry in a sign and trade if can't get Dame. 

I’m actually surprised this wasn’t more of an option for the wizards. Because you weren’t gonna win anything with Beal anyways. So if there his value isn’t decreasing cause it was already super low. You were still gonna be bad. So you had time to sit there and wait til he softens his stance with his NTC and hope a better deal comes along. Andrew Sharp actually talked about that saying that was the only leverage the wizards had in the situation and they should use it if they didnt get anything good for him. 

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Heat would be smart to pivot to Kuzma for Lowry in a sign and trade if can't get Dame. 

I think Miami wants another star. I don’t disagree with you. Wonder if a 4 way deal can take place between Miami, Boston, blazers and raptors. boston gets someone like Boucher and OG, Miami gets someone like siakam, Portland gets brown and Toronto gets Simons and 3 (and other stuff). Something along those lines  

Frankly kuzma is a solid fit for the sixers but no way that happens.

I think there’s gonna be a team that gives porzingis a bad contract after he opts out of his deal. Wizards might get something in a sign and trade there. I’m guessing the wizards rather him opt in makes him valuable as an expiring contract 

45 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think Miami wants another star. I don’t disagree with you. Wonder if a 4 way deal can take place between Miami, Boston, blazers and raptors. boston gets someone like Boucher and OG, Miami gets someone like siakam, Portland gets brown and Toronto gets Simons and 3 (and other stuff). Something along those lines  

Frankly kuzma is a solid fit for the sixers but no way that happens.

I think there’s gonna be a team that gives porzingis a bad contract after he opts out of his deal. Wizards might get something in a sign and trade there. I’m guessing the wizards rather him opt in makes him valuable as an expiring contract 

That would be a fun trade 

Everything talked about is that Porz was opting in. 

27 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That would be a fun trade 

Everything talked about is that Porz was opting in. 

IMG_7889.thumb.jpeg.3f50ff9dc0cc3cd5c58196a5eb207046.jpeg

If Boston got OG, Boucher and FVV (sign and trade) would be a nice haul for brown. Frankly allows smart to not have the ball in his hands as much. Pretty nice starting lineup FVV, white, OG, Tatum and Robert Williams. Off bench have smart, gallinari, horford and Boucher. Raptors ask for brogdon to likely deal him in another trade to get more picks/value back. Portland gets a star. Miami gets siakam to play with butler and bam. 

id understand if KP did opt in it’s $36 mil. I think it might be smarter for him with a long term contract to opt out and just get himself a 3 or 4 year deal now when his value is higher. I get it’s $36 mil but there’s a chance he gets dealt and he gets hurt again or numbers drop on a better team and not get the contract in the amount of years he could get now as he played 65 games last year and went 23-8-3. He’s stayed relatively healthy this year. 

• Like 1

Falls into the theory i had. I think they’d have gone all in if they didn’t think dame was potentially obtainable 

13 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Falls into the theory i had. I think they’d have gone all in if they didn’t think dame was potentially obtainable 

heat make the finals & want to go all-in on dame. they'll be a real problem if they get him.

and then you have our sixers hoping to overpay harden & maybe flip tobias for a couple mid players. :meh: 

sixers aren't a serious franchise. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would do him for Scoot, Mark Williams and picks. Scoot cares about winning, works hard, wants to be the face of a franchise, he is what you want to lead a team to me

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

heat make the finals & want to go all-in on dame. they'll be a real problem if they get him.

and then you have our sixers hoping to overpay harden & maybe flip tobias for a couple mid players. :meh: 

sixers aren't a serious franchise. 

We already knew that. Frankly it stems from their ownership. Suns might go down in flames and have everything blow up in their face but at least their owner doesn’t care about what he has to pay to get a title to Phoenix. The sixers on the other hand didn’t want to add anything significant to the sixers at the deadline and wanted to get below the luxury tax so they could pocket $16 mil this offseason. We can say it helps the team this offseason to make moves that but the real reason they did it was cause ownership didn’t want to be repeaters and could make a nice $16 mil

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I would do him for Scoot, Mark Williams and picks. Scoot cares about winning, works hard, wants to be the face of a franchise, he is what you want to lead a team to me

Pelicans better know at 2 that scoot isn’t the pick. And frankly if he is the blazers get screwed in trying to keep lillard