• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HazletonEagle

• DaEagles4Life

• e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

• Khani1

[QUOTE] 

For the Sixers, a return to Philadelphia doesn’t seem as bleak as it did a month ago. There’s varying levels of belief that Harden could re-sign with the Sixers depending on who you talk to. Sources have said the Sixers are more optimistic that he’ll re-sign. Perhaps that’s why there’s a report that Harden is "giving renewed consideration to staying put.” 

[/QUOTE] 

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

[QUOTE] 

For the Sixers, a return to Philadelphia doesn’t seem as bleak as it did a month ago. There’s varying levels of belief that Harden could re-sign with the Sixers depending on who you talk to. Sources have said the Sixers are more optimistic that he’ll re-sign. Perhaps that’s why there’s a report that Harden is "giving renewed consideration to staying put.” 

[/QUOTE] 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Buddy is so undervalued at this stage in his career. One of the best 3 point shooters this generation 

If Sixers had a pick this is who you draft. Come on Memphis, move on for gum. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I like the back end of the draft as much because the front end is a lot of "what ifs" potential types. 

See a handful of them that can player for contenders as good role guys. 

tobi & melton to atlanta for collins & stuff makes sense. let's do that one today, okay?  :whistle:  

52 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

tobi & melton to atlanta for collins & stuff makes sense. let's do that one today, okay?  :whistle:  

Yep don't mind that one at all. 

I also like Saric with the MLE and maybe Yuta with the TPE.

Interesting local TV model the Jazz are going with moving forward. All about getting as many eyes on the team as possible 

• Like 1

What would a Pacers trade for Tobias even look like? 

It would have to start with Hield to get the money in the same neighborhood and you'd still have to add a few medium to small contracts to get it the rest of the way there.  

Heild, McConnell, and something else, maybe Theis as a back up center?

9 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

It would have to start with Hield to get the money in the same neighborhood and you'd still have to add a few medium to small contracts to get it the rest of the way there.  

Hield, one of those two, plus a filler, and one of their late firsts and deal. 

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Hield, one of those two, plus a filler, and one of their late firsts and deal. 

I tend to think the sixers redirect that pick elsewhere rather than use it. Cause even if they use it they can’t trade 2024 first away cause technically they might not have their 2025 pick. So it makes more sense if they can get some value out of that pick and it’s unlikely a late first cracks the rotation next year to help 

36 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to think the sixers redirect that pick elsewhere rather than use it. Cause even if they use it they can’t trade 2024 first away cause technically they might not have their 2025 pick. So it makes more sense if they can get some value out of that pick and it’s unlikely a late first cracks the rotation next year to help 

I don’t follow college @DaEagles4Life said this draft had some good ready to plug in role players in the back end of the draft?

17 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I don’t follow college @DaEagles4Life said this draft had some good ready to plug in role players in the back end of the draft?

I’m under the assumption nurse is unlikely to have a rookie crack the rotation especially in the playoffs. I’m guessing likely wouldn’t go ready made player might do something like the did with springer. If they had a second rounder i think they’d be more inclined to go that route 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m under the assumption nurse is unlikely to have a rookie crack the rotation especially in the playoffs. I’m guessing likely wouldn’t go ready made player might do something like the did with springer. If they had a second rounder i think they’d be more inclined to go that route 

Isn’t Nurse more apt to give a young guy playing time, by experimenting in the regular season, assuming the guy is showing some talent/value?

9 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Isn’t Nurse more apt to give a young guy playing time, by experimenting in the regular season, assuming the guy is showing some talent/value?

I think he’s experiment with guys on the roster. I don’t think a guy being picked at 29 is gonna crack the regular rotation as a rookie especially if you think you are bringing back mcdaniels, niang, Reed and then also adding hield and another veteran role player from the tobias Harris trade. Add on a chance for springer to get involved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

There was a fake Woj post earlier today posted on a facebook page I follow. Had Hield, McConnell and Nesmith. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

There was a fake Woj post earlier today posted on a facebook page I follow. Had Hield, McConnell and Nesmith. 

If that’s the deal then I’m guessing if they get 26 or 29 they are either using on a player like jaden springer that is super young and upside to develop or they likely try to move it to get future picks or some second rounders so the money isn’t guaranteed 

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think he’s experiment with guys on the roster. I don’t think a guy being picked at 29 is gonna crack the regular rotation as a rookie especially if you think you are bringing back mcdaniels, niang, Reed and then also adding hield and another veteran role player from the tobias Harris trade. Add on a chance for springer to get involved. 

Most of these rookies on the back end of first are multiple year starters that know how to play basketball and affect winning. I don't get why more teams don't draft these types of players. 

Christian Braun, multi year starter with Kansas, showed you can draft a guy later in the 1st round and he can make contribute.  

Colby Jones, Ben Sheppard, Trayce Jackson Davis, Julian Strawther, Kris Murray 

2nd rounders 

Keyontae Johnson, dude that collapsed for Florida a few years ago, Kobe Brown Seth Lundy, Andre Jackson 

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If that’s the deal then I’m guessing if they get 26 or 29 they are either using on a player like jaden springer that is super young and upside to develop or they likely try to move it to get future picks or some second rounders so the money isn’t guaranteed 

Pick 30 really is the best pick in the draft especially compared to anything in the 2nd round. You keep that pick and get a guy for 5 years on cheapest rookie deal allowable. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Most of these rookies on the back end of first are multiple year starters that know how to play basketball and affect winning. I don't get why more teams don't draft these types of players. 

Colby Jones, Ben Sheppard, Trayce Jackson Davis, Julian Strawther, Kris Murray 

2nd rounders 

Keyontae Johnson, dude that collapsed for Florida a few years ago, Kobe Brown Seth Lundy, Andre Jackson 

I don’t disagree but based off sixers recent history if they use the pick they are gonna take a swing on a young kid with high upside if they are going use the draft pick. Can let him develop down in the g league. I dont think  they use 26/29 tbh. I tend to think they pick in a future drafts with a second or trade for multiple second rounders. then i think those guys make a lot more sense. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Pick 30 really is the best pick in the draft especially compared to anything in the 2nd round. You keep that pick and get a guy for 5 years on cheapest rookie deal allowable. 

its also a guaranteed contract as a first rounder. I don’t think the sixers want guaranteed money on a rookie and it’s why they prefer second round picks as they don’t have to be guaranteed at all