**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ya don't say 

Rather give Harden two years and use Harris contract somewhere else 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Shocking Miami’s involved…. If we’re going to talk about the new CBA, there’s no way Miami can afford Bradley Beal, Butler, and bam with Herro too. Would be 145 mil to 4 players. So Lowry is definitely involved with his 29 mil expiring and very likely Herro. So if Miami is actually involved in this like shams is reporting then Harris alone isn’t getting that deal done and beal has said he’d go to Miami in the past 

Its interesting the things Rivers had said about Harden and Embiid since leaving.

Nothing we didnt already believe, but now have confirmation.

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its interesting the things Rivers had said about Harden and Embiid since leaving.

Nothing we didnt already believe, but now have confirmation.

I think bodner has a sense of what the sixers are doing if harden leaves. He is usually pretty spot on on with things 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I saw this and Warriors went full **** the second they didn't extend Myers. Dudes not worth a high draft pick 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I saw this and Warriors went full **** the second they didn't extend Myers. Dudes not worth a high draft pick 

Also was told they really don’t want to trade poole. They think they’d be selling at a low and he’s more valuable then what he showed this postseason. TIFWIW 

I heard from one well-placed observer who is convinced that the Pelicans would indeed consider dealing Williamson away if it meant they could draft Henderson, pointing to a rising level of exasperation within the organization regarding Williamson’s ongoing availability and overall approach

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Not sure if legit. Not sure how it could be possible.

May be an image of 2 people, people playing basketball, crowd and text that says 'Aidan LaPorta @aidanlaporta69 Sixers are showing interest in Christiar Wood. This would be a massive upgrade at back up center. Wood averaged 17 ppg and 7 rpg off the bench for the Mavs this season. He also shot 38% from 3 on 4.2 attempts. The season before he shot 39% on 4.9 attempts in Houston. " Per- @massey_evan ROCKETS ₪ 5:41 PM 6/14/23 from Earth 64.7K'

Lots of talk that he is a terrible for any culture. A good player especially a stretch 4 doesn't rotate thru teams like this unless are locker room issues. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lots of talk that he is a terrible for any culture. A good player especially a stretch 4 doesn't rotate thru teams like this unless are locker room issues. 

Thats supposedly why the 6ers didnt keep him when it was clear he was a player just from his time on our SL team in the process years. 

here's a list of all the players who really want to come to philly...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

here's a list of all the players who really want to come to philly...

It’s a big list lol

Not that it really matters about how he does on the sixers but man would be awesome if he actually panned out 

• Like 2

Easy explanation of the new CBA and luxury tax. 

Crossing the first luxury tax apron, at $169 million, means shrinking your taxpayer midlevel exception from $10 million to $5 million and losing the ability to sign waived players who made more than that MLE.

Teams that cross the second apron, at $179.5 million, will lose their taxpayer midlevel exception altogether, can’t sign buyout players, can’t accept more salary than they send out in a trade, can’t aggregate multiple contracts into a trade, and can’t trade their first-round pick seven years into the future. If a team exceeds the second apron twice in four years, their pick automatically gets moved to the end of the first round.

41 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Easy explanation of the new CBA and luxury tax. 

Crossing the first luxury tax apron, at $169 million, means shrinking your taxpayer midlevel exception from $10 million to $5 million and losing the ability to sign waived players who made more than that MLE.

Teams that cross the second apron, at $179.5 million, will lose their taxpayer midlevel exception altogether, can’t sign buyout players, can’t accept more salary than they send out in a trade, can’t aggregate multiple contracts into a trade, and can’t trade their first-round pick seven years into the future. If a team exceeds the second apron twice in four years, their pick automatically gets moved to the end of the first round.

The last part in theory sounds good unless a team doesn’t own most of their own picks and are good anyway. If I’m over that second apron twice but i don’t have my picks anyway cause i traded them away or if my team is basically one of the best teams in the nba then it really isn’t a huge deal as they don’t have the pick to move back and the pick was likely close to the end of the first round anyway. that specific part really only hurts teams over the second apron that have majority of their picks and fail to be on of the better teams in the nba. For instance a team like Phoenix likely believes they are picking at the end of the first round anyway and they don’t own picks in 2023,2025, 2027 and 2029 (nets can also swap in 2028). My question becomes do the nets get screw if hypothetically the suns go over the second apron in 2024-25. lets say the pick should’ve been 23 but since the suns did that does it mean the nets pick moves back to 30? Or does the league just wait til 2026 to move the suns pick back (then again if 2026 suns have the best record what really is the punishment on that part?)

Feels like if harden leaves they are going to do what bodner and spike eskin have been saying over the past month. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Feels like if harden leaves they are going to do what bodner and spike eskin have been saying over the past month. 

Which is do nothing and essentially punt on next season?

2 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Which is do nothing and essentially punt on next season?

Can call it that but they are trying to set themselves up for a bigger splash in 2024 offseason rather than in 2023 when it’s not as great of a market. 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Can call it that but they are trying to set themselves up for a bigger splash in 2024 offseason rather than in 2023 when it’s not as great of a market. 

2024 is all older dudes as well like PG, Kawhi, Jrue, or Siakam who will be 30. 

Dejounte Murray will be a FA

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

2024 is all older dudes as well like PG, Kawhi, Jrue, or Siakam who will be 30. 

Dejounte Murray will be a FA

sadly I’d think they’d still value kawhi and PG more than some of the guys this offseason 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

sadly I’d think they’d still value kawhi and PG more than some of the guys this offseason 

Neither has played more than 60 games a year since 2019. Someone will give Kawhi a ton and regret it