EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

The Eagles were 14-1 with Hurts at QB. They got better.

Now we pretend they can't beat the Jets and the 49ers?

14-3 on the way to 17-3

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

14-3 on the way to 17-3

I think It'll come down to how the new guys do.

Can Dean be better or as good as TJ Edwards was last year?

Can Carter be better or as food as Hargrave ?

Can Jurgens be better or as good as Seumalo?

Can whoever starts at safety be better or as good as CJ last year?

Slay and bradberry are a year older, as are cox and graham, how much can they get from them???

Winning in the NFL is tough this isn't the same team it was last year, they need to prove themselves every year.

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

14-3 on the way to 17-3

A bunch of new players. A bunch of young guys.  New coordinators. Harder schedule.  Can't expect a cake walk.  Going to have a couple more L's than last year.  

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Love it.  I hate that Zach Ertz is probably going to finish his career on a terrible Cardinals team.  

Which makes total sense because all three of those teams play nowhere near the Atlantic Coast

I forgot he was on the Cards. I could see him requesting a trade soon or just leaving since it was only a 3 year deal

5 minutes ago, Captain F said:

A bunch of new players. A bunch of young guys.  New coordinators. Harder schedule.  Can't expect a cake walk.  Going to have a couple more L's than last year.  

Yep some weeks things just don't go your way.  Happens to most good teams. Then people panic and then a week or 2 later the ship is righted.

16 minutes ago, Captain F said:

The Eagles got to the Super Bowl and had all 11 starters on offense and defense healthy. I hope we don’t have injuries but i suspect it’s not going to be the case where that would happen again. 

14 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I think It'll come down to how the new guys do.

Can Dean be better or as good as TJ Edwards was last year?

Can Carter be better or as food as Hargrave ?

Can Jurgens be better or as good as Seumalo?

Can whoever starts at safety be better or as good as CJ last year?

Slay and bradberry are a year older, as are cox and graham, how much can they get from them???

Winning in the NFL is tough this isn't the same team it was last year, they need to prove themselves every year.

I think our biggest question mark will be health of our offensive line. Seumalo was a solid starter, and for all his warts, Dillard was a more than capable backup. They’re being replaced by an unproven Jurgens and a raw rookie in Steen, who I don’t think showed enough in the preseason to feel really good about for this year. A couple of injuries and we’re really scraping the barrel.

On paper, our starting five should be fine, but it feels like Mailata, Dickerson, and Johnson are always destined to get hurt at some point.

I’m also not loving our defensive end depth.

If we stay relatively healthy as a team, we’re Super Bowl contenders. But you never know...

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I think our biggest question mark will be health of our offensive line. Seumalo was a solid starter, and for all his warts, Dillard was a more than capable backup. They’re being replaced by an unproven Jurgens and a raw rookie in Steen, who I don’t think showed enough in the preseason to feel really good about for this year. A couple of injuries and we’re really scraping the barrel.

On paper, our starting five should be fine, but it feels like Mailata, Dickerson, and Johnson are always destined to get hurt at some point.

I’m also not loving our defensive end depth.

If we stay relatively healthy as a team, we’re Super Bowl contenders. But you never know...

Yup, winning sometimes comes down to luck, last year they stayed relatively healthy, hopefully they can again , as you say if they don't the depth at OL and DE isn't as good as it was last year.

Games are usually won by a few key factors:

Average starting field position

3rd down/Red Zone percentage

Turnovers

Seasons are determined by :

Injuries

Strength of Schedule

I just don't see everything working out as well as last year 10-7, make the playoffs but no HFA. Early exit. '24-'25 is their year

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Geographers worldwide are cringing.  Maybe they can change the name to the All Coasts Conference. 

17 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Geographers worldwide are cringing.  Maybe they can change the name to the All Coasts Conference. 

College football has become a joke...

1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

College football has become a joke...

Yeah, it has lost a good but of its tradition/history with all the movement.

22 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Dallas is in the NFC East

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Yeah, it has lost a good but of its tradition/history with all the movement.

It's driven by greed. The hell with tradition - the new alignments don't even make sense.

30 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Makes it worse is cal’s athletic department is bleeding. Had a couple coaches out here and two guys who cover the pac 12 (soon to be dead) tell me with how bad the situation was at cal athletics financially they wouldn’t be surprised if cal just eventually dropped athletics. And then you got this 

Its cute when people look at a schedule and pretend the 1 or 1A team in the entire league has to suffer this year but the inferior teams on their schedule will all be great. 

Houston last year - Arizona this year (terrible)

Chicago last year - Tampa this year (really bad)

DC last year - DC this year (hopefully without the refs allowing facemask fumbles)

Jacksonville last year - Jets this year  (6th or 7th seed or just missing out)

Tennessee last year - Minnesota this year (good team fading after a bad offseason)

Detroit last year - Miami this year  (dangerous speed offense)

Indy last year - Rams this year  (maybe they will compete... not really)

Dallas last year - Buffalo and Seattle this year  (Buffalo is like Dallas in Dallas and Seattle more like Dallas in Philly)

Green Bay and Pittsburgh last year - Dallas this year (9-8 to 10-7 team)

Giants last year  - Giants this year (maybe they are a bit better and maybe the Eagles split with NY instead of DC (don't try to tell Boston Scott))

New Orleans last year - New England this year (bad offense good defense)

Arizona last year - SF this year (Its going to be so much fun to watch that team fall apart) AZ was 2-2 when Philly played them SF will be on QB 3 or 4 when Philly plays them

Vikings last year - KC is obviously the brutal 1 game upgrade.

The only way this schedule is brutal is if you pretend that the Jets, Dolphins, 49ers, and the Cowboys are all 12 win teams. They are not.

The schedule is brutal if you are the Jets, Cowboys, Giants, and Dolphins because you have to play most of the Eagles schedule without being as good as the Eagles.

TJ Edwards was the MLB for 3 years on

a bad D

a mediocre D

a really good D

Either he evolved like a Pokémon or the players around him got better.

Edwards, Wallace, Epps, and CJGJ were spackle or grout. You just need another decent bucket this year and the Eagles have that.

CJGJ missed a bunch of plays, made some highlight plays, and got hurt. He was not Ed Reed. He might be a depth piece in Detroit this year.

The 2022 team desperately needed a guy like CJGJ since their CB depth was a problem. That's not the case now.

The only actual downgrade on the team is Seumalo to Jurgens but Jurgens is a blue chip guy with a year + in Stoutland U.

Its OK if Cox fades a bit because Carter is better than Hargrave (close vs pass and worlds better vs run), Davis will be improved and Milton Williams looks like a beast.

The same is true of Graham with Smith and Barnett mostly because those guys will line up with 3 or 4 awesome players on that line.

I kinda liked Kyzir White but White Edwards vs Dean Cunningham is not a big downgrade. It might be a talent downgrade that plays better with the D-line upgrade.

There is no clear evidence of regression anywhere on this team. Its just negadelphia gonna negadelphia.

Archived