EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

20 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

This is what happens when you move the ACC Tournament from Greensboro. 

The All Coast Conference!!!

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Actually, much as I hate to say it -- I would substitute the Saints for the Turds as likely contenders in the NFC, outside of the Eagles and Niners.  It's not that the Saints are a great team, but their division is horrible and their schedule outside the division is rather easy as well.  

QBs in their division -- the Saints have Carr, then the others in the division are Baker Mayfield, Desmond Ridder, and Bryce Young.  Big edge Saints

The Saints full schedule -- those 6 divisional games, plus the AFC South and NFC North rotation (the NFCE feasted on them last year -- no team had a losing record), and their flex games are at New England, at the Rams, and home to the Giants.  THAT is an EASY schedule.

Sorry, but I could see the Saints going 12-5 even with a middling team.  Carolina went 15-1 with that kind of easy schedule, but let's take it easy.

David Carr is a good QB for them. If Michael Thomas is healthy, they have a heckuva WR room. That offense should be explosive.

32 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What in the world is with the Cowboys love? Dak has proven nothing. Their running game is questionable with Tony Pollard coming back from an injury. Their CB, while playmakers, get smoked. Oh and there's the coaching staff that can't do a damn thing.

Everyone also is talking up their defense as being the best in the NFC.  They were a top 5 defense in terms of points against but they allowed exactly 2 points less than the Eagles.  They are relying on an aging CB in Gilmore and a questionable coverage corner in Diggs.  They have aging talent in Hankins and Lawrence.  They have big expectations for a rookie DT and it's not like they have depth behind him.  They got rid of a good OC who worked well with Dak and replaced him with a nepo baby that has never led a top 10 offense.  Sure he's running McCarthy's scheme but McCarthy has never been that innovative.  Pollard's injury isn't healed.  Dak is coming off another shoulder surgery.  They have significant concerns with depth on their o-line.  They did upgrade their WRs but it's not like Brandin Cooks is a sure thing.  He's 29 and coming off of a 700 yard season.  Michael Gallup, despite the hype, has only put up just over 400 yards the last 2 seasons.  He had the ACL but it's not like he looked that great coming back last season. I could easily see them having a bad season. 

59 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What in the world is with the Cowboys love? Dak has proven nothing. Their running game is questionable with Tony Pollard coming back from an injury. Their CB, while playmakers, get smoked. Oh and there's the coaching staff that can't do a damn thing.

It is how it needs to be. Hype and overconfidence because of the talent followed by 'shocking' losses in the playoffs. I have come to enjoy this process. If they were humble the inevitable fail would be much less fun.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It must be new because Brady got the Patriots a 3rd not too long ago. 

Thanks to Tom Terrific the NFL had to change the rules yet again.

Or the rule was always in place, but no one chose to enforce it against the Cheatriots.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Okay seriously now. Is anyone actually going to keep track of predictions this year or were those earlier predictions just pissing in the wind?

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I think it was the latter lol

I don't remember who did it last year for the season or for each game

I believe last year it was @LeanMeanGM that did it for both record and week to week score predictions.  

I've done it before, but am going to have to bow out.  Just far too busy to tally these sorts of things.

24 minutes ago, Infam said:

It is how it needs to be. Hype and overconfidence because of the talent followed by 'shocking' losses in the playoffs. I have come to enjoy this process. If they were humble the inevitable fail would be much less fun.

I think they lose opening week @ the Giants…could start 0-2.  They get Aaron Rodgers week 2 who usually plays very well in Dallas.  They will be able to get close to Rodgers because the Jets online is nothing great, but I think the Jets defense is easily as good as the Cowboys if not better.  I don’t think Pollard will be able to carry the load. I am very surprised they did not pick up another RB.  

I understand the most NFL teams don’t have decent oline depth, but I think theirs is worse than most. I would love to hear @just relax’s opinion on that.  I would not be surprised to see Peters back there again.

55 minutes ago, just relax said:

Now, now. Don't forget their midget RB. He'll make all the difference.

I hope he has a ride buddy.

sports-fitness-sign-nhe-17686_1000.gif

49 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

This is what happens when you move the ACC Tournament from Greensboro. 

I heard Anchorage was going to be the site for the ACC Championship game for 2025.  They wanted to have a central location for the conference title game.

22 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Actually, much as I hate to say it -- I would substitute the Saints for the Turds as likely contenders in the NFC, outside of the Eagles and Niners.  It's not that the Saints are a great team, but their division is horrible and their schedule outside the division is rather easy as well.  

QBs in their division -- the Saints have Carr, then the others in the division are Baker Mayfield, Desmond Ridder, and Bryce Young.  Big edge Saints

The Saints full schedule -- those 6 divisional games, plus the AFC South and NFC North rotation (the NFCE feasted on them last year -- no team had a losing record), and their flex games are at New England, at the Rams, and home to the Giants.  THAT is an EASY schedule.

Sorry, but I could see the Saints going 12-5 even with a middling team.  Carolina went 15-1 with that kind of easy schedule, but let's take it easy.

I think the NFC South is wide open but I don't trust Carr playing behind a bad offensive line.   I think the Falcons and Panthers will be improved but I am not sure by how much.  Tampa looks like they may be tanking by game 4.  

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I heard Anchorage was going to be the site for the ACC Championship game for 2025.  They wanted to have a central location for the conference title game.

Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest and NC State may just secede.  

40 minutes ago, BigEFly said:
Catching up with offseason #Eagles 90-man roster players who signed with other practice squads: Josiah Scott with #Steelers; Dalton Keene, and Ty Zentner with #Texans; Janarius Robinson with #Raiders; Tyree Jackson with #Giants; and Tyrese Robinson with #Vikings

That says a fair bit about the front office scouting staff.  

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Is it Carr's 9 years in the NFL with no playoff wins that makes you think the Saints will be good?

The Saints trying to rekindle the 2014 Raiders magic where Carr started 0-4 and HC Dennis Allen got fired?

19 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think the NFC South is wide open but I don't trust Carr playing behind a bad offensive line.   I think the Falcons and Panthers will be improved but I am not sure by how much.  Tampa looks like they may be tanking by game 4.  

I'll take Mayfield over Carr.   Mayfield actually has a playoff win.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd put my money on the Chiefs.

The Chiefs have 816k in cap space before working something out with a Chris Jones raise. Evans has a 13m base salary this year so about 7m left at the deadline.

If all teams had 20 million then sure, Chiefs.

As it is the Chiefs don't have their own money to put their money on the Chiefs.

24 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I believe last year it was @LeanMeanGM that did it for both record and week to week score predictions.  

I've done it before, but am going to have to bow out.  Just far too busy to tally these sorts of things.

live simply, breathe deeply.

25 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

This Turkey Hill will stay cold there:

thmystery1.jpeg?fit=1200,900&ssl=1

50 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

David Carr is a good QB for them. If Michael Thomas is healthy, they have a heckuva WR room. That offense should be explosive.

Taysom Hill has a  7-2 record as a starter for the Saints.  

Carr has a losing record in the NFL. 2 winning records in 9 years.

11 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

I'll take Mayfield over Carr.   Mayfield actually has a playoff win.

Mayfield is #32 on the list of starting QBs

22 minutes ago, McMVP said:

Mayfield is #32 on the list of starting QBs

I liked Mayfield in that draft; I thought he was the most pro-ready for the QBs in that class, but he's been quite disappointing in the NFL.  He objectively didn't play well enough in CLE to warrant a second contract, then pulled a hissy-fit when the Browns traded for Watson.  He bounced in and out of Carolina so quickly it's hard to remember him being there, then flashed for one game with the Rams but showed little consistency.  Really good arm, rather poor leader.

This will be his last stop as a starter, and it's in a really poor situation.  The Buccaneers roster is aging fast, and Todd Bowles is a terrible head coach.  Hard to imagine that team winning much this season.

38 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Chiefs have 816k in cap space before working something out with a Chris Jones raise. Evans has a 13m base salary this year so about 7m left at the deadline.

If all teams had 20 million then sure, Chiefs.

As it is the Chiefs don't have their own money to put their money on the Chiefs.

As Howie has taught us the cap means very little.  Also I wouldn't be shocked to see Chris Jones traded prior to the deadline.

14 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I liked Mayfield in that draft; I thought he was the most pro-ready for the QBs in that class, but he's been quite disappointing in the NFL.  He objectively didn't play well enough in CLE to warrant a second contract, then pulled a hissy-fit when the Browns traded for Watson.  He bounced in and out of Carolina so quickly it's hard to remember him being there, then flashed for one game with the Rams but showed little consistency.  Really good arm, rather poor leader.

This will be his last stop as a starter, and it's in a really poor situation.  The Buccaneers roster is aging fast, and Todd Bowles is a terrible head coach.  Hard to imagine that team winning much this season.

It’s actually hard to say this, but his best situation was in Cleveland of all places. That was the best roster he had.  It has only gone downhill from there. I think he bought into his own hype, and is not as good as people thought… Or as he thought himself.  I think he is a serviceable talent as a back up QB in the NFL, but his personality does not fit that role.  

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Who do they drop from the PS now?

That is a good question… But another good question is this. Anyone else find it kind of odd that the Giants offensive line trash would ever be the Eagles treasure?

It seems like an alternative reality show to me

I’m not saying it’s not possible… Just that it sounds as something that I would never have predicted

Archived