Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

Featured Replies

7 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Again this leads into my ultimate question who is hindering this passing game is it Siri or Hurts…. Even last year guys got open and Hurts missed reads.

That should be your answer!

And further proof.. look at the performance when it's the end of the game and there is nothing to lose if we throw it. A QB is that position plays with the attitude like " i need to throw this, let me be decisive looking at one or two reads"

Hurts thrives on the plays with one or two reads and making the throw on time. When he has to think...or too many options... with the idea of not taking the shot or the risk as possibly the smarter play...I feel he is afraid and indecisive.

But also I feel he naturally doesn't see over the line and misses guys. Combination of his height and yhe depth of his drops. I just think he can't see guys that other QBs would see.

  • Replies 77.3k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I took it as Wicks was so wide open that Sirianni should've thrown a ball to him. Wicks was in the middle of a deserted town. I wanted to throw Wicks a ball through the TV. lol

You should take it as ..... " Joe thinks it's hilarious that people question whether it's a guy not on the field...or the guy with the ball in his hands" when it comes to open receivers not getting the ball thrown to them

Intangibles... ice water in the veins... work ethic... all that is great... but the tangible of seeing an open guy and throwing him the ball is so basic and fundamental.... the other stuff don't matter if you are inconsistent in that fundamental aspect of playing QB.

We play good defense...we run the ball. That's why our record the last few years was so good. 23 games in 4 years without a TD pass.... 50 out of 85 games with under 200 passing yards.... IN THIS ERA OF THE NFL???

Come on... very easy to see. The team needs to carry the QB...to a point where the QB then uses all those Intangibles to rise to the occasion at money time.

We aren't going to see the QB carry the team through the whole season. He isn't consistent enough in the basics of passing. He absolutely can look great on the occasion. He can have as good of a game as any QB when he throws 20 passes. But we are going to struggle if he has to pass 30 times or more for a bunch of games.

  • Author
1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I took it as Wicks was so wide open that Sirianni should've thrown a ball to him. Wicks was in the middle of a deserted town. I wanted to throw Wicks a ball through the TV. lol

Actually on that play I threw 3 foam bricks at my TV at once. I have 10 "bricks". This was the first game I used them all TWICE 🤣 20 TV bricks is a new record

Cowboys trade for Joey Porter

I hope Jerry overpaid

missed last week.

eagles 20

rams 31

mcvay acts like they won a playoff game.

too bad hurts couldnt "will" that ball to wicks.

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

too bad hurts couldnt "will" that ball to wicks.

Too bad the examiner wasn't close to the tent like he was supposed to be.

Too bad Daulton stared down the receiver then threw it to the DB. Hell, he didn't even move.

pathetic game overall.

another 1st time playcaller didn't have a plan b.

  • Author
50 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Too bad the examiner wasn't close to the tent like he was supposed to be.

Too bad Daulton stared down the receiver then threw it to the DB. Hell, he didn't even move.

Too bad Siri didn't call a TO, but we had momentum, which Dalton killed off all by himself. Refs should have called their own TO since the examiner was nowhere to be found and Hurts showed zero signs of being injured. IDK, if we were carved up by Case Keenum I can assume Stafford is better than Keenum? Once it gets out of hand we can let the 2's play LOL

56 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Too bad the examiner wasn't close to the tent like he was supposed to be.

Too bad Daulton stared down the receiver then threw it to the DB. Hell, he didn't even move.

Pass should have been a play action fade pattern to ther corner... either hit it or throw it to the outside incomplete... (same with Russell Wilson vs New England) very simple concept. the middle of the end zone is too crowded when the line of scrimmage is near the goal line, a Safety and a LB are basically the same drop. Too much traffic. throw to a corner

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Too bad Siri didn't call a TO, but we had momentum, which Dalton killed off all by himself. Refs should have called their own TO since the examiner was nowhere to be found and Hurts showed zero signs of being injured. IDK, if we were carved up by Case Keenum I can assume Stafford is better than Keenum? Once it gets out of hand we can let the 2's play LOL

The Rams are the greatest team of all time!

Just for the record I don't think Jurgens is fully recovered from his back surgery.

He just doesn't seem to move laterally like he used to.

He may never be the same player

  • Author

Pitts/Cleveland on Prime tonight. Always a war between these 2

  • Author
1 hour ago, joemas72 said:

The Rams are the greatest team of all time!

They may be at the moment, they should have NP with our birds if we still don't have our act together. I'll pray for some miracle(s). I washed my bricks(this is serious 🤣)

  • Author

image.png

  • Author

Nuances of what is "in the end zone". OK I was watching the Browns(sadly) and this just hit me. The above is a TD even if the players body falls straight down(because the ball broke the plane). SO, the Browns had to punt, got the ball away and a Browns player was standing at the 1 inch line. He caught the ball,started to lose his balance and shoved it to another player at the 1 yard line. However, the ball was in about this position, but somehow in the kicking game it was NOT in the EZ(even though the ball broke the plane) for what would be a touchback, so the "sacred" white line isn't sacred in the kicking game. Not important, I just found it interesting. Carry on(now you're never going to get to sleep tonight are you????)🤣

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Nuances of what is "in the end zone". OK I was watching the Browns(sadly) and this just hit me. The above is a TD even if the players body falls straight down(because the ball broke the plane). SO, the Browns had to punt, got the ball away and a Browns player was standing at the 1 inch line. He caught the ball,started to lose his balance and shoved it to another player at the 1 yard line. However, the ball was in about this position, but somehow in the kicking game it was NOT in the EZ(even though the ball broke the plane) for what would be a touchback, so the "sacred" white line isn't sacred in the kicking game. Not important, I just found it interesting. Carry on(now you're never going to get to sleep tonight are you????)🤣

Right...the ball can always break the plane on a punt....it's like saving a ball in basketball from going out of bounds.

The ball or the player need to " touch" the end zone. Otherwise still live ball.

  • Author
2 hours ago, joemas72 said:

Right...the ball can always break the plane on a punt....it's like saving a ball in basketball from going out of bounds.

The ball or the player need to " touch" the end zone. Otherwise still live ball.

In all my years I have never seen that. Yeah the player has to touch the EZ or touch the GL, just found it interesting. I've seen guys toss it back but the ball was not breaking the plane. I should have figured it out since I have seen guys above the EZ hit it back into the field, but they never caught it. I was a very cool play

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

In all my years I have never seen that. Yeah the player has to touch the EZ or touch the GL, just found it interesting. I've seen guys toss it back but the ball was not breaking the plane

Seen it happens plenty of times where they even jump in the air where their body is in the end zone and they flip the ball back.

Makes 100% perfect sense that a ball carrier needs to bring the ball across the goal in possession to be a TD, but a play is not considered out of bounds without a ball of part of a body touching the boundary. On a punt, the player is NOT looking to possess the ball across a line to score, instead the kicking team is trying to prevent the ball from touching over the end zone as if it were a boundary line, keeping the ball on the field of play without touching the boundary themselves. Exactly like a basketball player saving the ball from going out of bounds.

  • Author

Aaron Donald ruled out for the Rams, now maybe we can have a running game(no Garrett either). Great news for the Eagles(although I hate injuries to any player)

Baun, Smitty, Hollywood and Epps OUT

  • Author
3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Baun, Smitty, Hollywood and Epps OUT

That "dude" cheerleader is going to have to play WR

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

That "dude" cheerleader is going to have to play WR

I wouldn't want him as a BU in Hopscotch.

Report is that Smitty could miss 1 or 2 more games after this week.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.