Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

Featured Replies

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

After what 3 years now I’m over The Who’s fault is it game for the passing game though is it Hurts or is it Siri.

Whether it’s Siri influencing to much of the O or Hurts unwillingly to truly adapt. Not sure the route breakdown but I do know the passing targets last week against the bears all favors throws to the outside almost none over the middle

I ripped what little hair I have out of my head seeing Wicks waving his arms wide open. Just SOOOOO frustrating. Of course we have the beauty over overhead cameras,still after 6 years Hurts needs to look around

  • Replies 77.3k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I want to see McKee or Payton( I don’t want to see Dalton) but maybe even Dalton just to see if the passing game looks different feels different etc.

I don’t think they are better then Hurts(Payton maybe could be with the right development but way to early) but I want to get the real issue in the passing game and that won’t happen as long as Siri/Hurts are both involved

Yeah, but Siri would never pull Hurts. Any pocket QB needs time and we aren't providing that right now

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

still after 6 years Hurts needs to look around

Hurts seems to favor his 1st read or his pre snap read which I think has led to 2 of his ints both pre snap reads he threw to Smith.

The EZ int against the Titans then the 4th down int against the Bears( were lemon was open)

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah, but Siri would never pull Hurts. Any pocket QB needs time and we aren't providing that right now

Pressured less then Stafford who is a pocket QB… Again our OL play get overblown yes we have had some really bad snaps but again still not nearly as bad as many other teams with way less talented rosters

  • Author
3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I ripped what little hair I have out of my head seeing Wicks waving his arms wide open. Just SOOOOO frustrating. Of course we have the beauty over overhead cameras,still after 6 years Hurts needs to look around

IDK you drop back, see Wicks coming open and his man not even around and Hurts needs to make that decision not to just go with the called play. Field vision

  • Author
1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Pressured less then Stafford who is a pocket QB… Again our OL play get overblown yes we have had some really bad snaps but again still not nearly as bad as many other teams with way less talented rosters

Stafford makes the throw anyway, Hurts bails and runs. He has to because he doesn't trust this O line and I can't blame him for that. SO IDK what the answer is,but the paid pros best figure it out

Jalen Hurts is 13th in pressure rate this season… 12 other QBs are facing more pressure… lot of them are top QBs like Stafford, Herbert, Allen, Maye( who has been awful), Lamar to name a few

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Pressured less then Stafford who is a pocket QB… Again our OL play get overblown yes we have had some really bad snaps but again still not nearly as bad as many other teams with way less talented rosters

I get the flare screens to the sideline,that's to help Hurts out with the coming pass rush. My suggestion is to hit Lemon or Coop coming out of the slot,at least you'll get + yardage. We're missing Goedert in that respect. With a game under his belt I suspect we hear more from Ertz

  • Author

Ah well,IDK. I have no answers only suggestions and thoughts. What we're doing isn't working well and Mannion needs to burn some midnight oil. Way too many 3rd and longs IMO

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Jalen Hurts is 13th in pressure rate this season… 12 other QBs are facing more pressure… lot of them are top QBs like Stafford, Herbert, Allen, Maye( who has been awful), Lamar to name a few

You brought up an interesting point. is Siri over riding Mannions calls? Would be interesting to find out because it matters. Normally Siri is hands off allowing the OC to do his thing. As a CEO type HC. Those 2 need to get on the same page ASAP. I admit I am fairly surprised that Fangio doesn't have this D humming along as most players are the same from last year

  • Author
3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Mind you Tyler Shough has been putting in some fairly impressive performances to start the year and was coming on late last season as a rookie under Kellen Moore and his O.

So clearly it wasn’t Moore that couldn’t figure out the passing game.

So it’s either the QB or the HC

I added Shough in some fantasy leagues. He's ripping it for a 2nd year QB

  • Author

BTW I have Bryce Young starting in most leagues this week. Should be a shootout with the Lions

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I get the flare screens to the sideline,that's to help Hurts out with the coming pass rush. My suggestion is to hit Lemon or Coop coming out of the slot,at least you'll get + yardage. We're missing Goedert in that respect. With a game under his belt I suspect we hear more from Ertz

Watching Foles podcast and he was asking why we haven’t run a variant off the lemon bubble screen…. Clearly teams are crashing on it as soon as he goes in motion so why haven’t we hit the pump fake and shot play to someone else off it

  • Author
15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK you drop back, see Wicks coming open and his man not even around and Hurts needs to make that decision not to just go with the called play. Field vision

If Stafford or the other guys you mentioned got pressured, they would have seen Wicks wide open and let it fly

  • Author
1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Watching Foles podcast and he was asking why we haven’t run a variant off the lemon bubble screen…. Clearly teams are crashing on it as soon as he goes in motion so why haven’t we hit the pump fake and shot play to someone else off it

We try Bark on that same play and they blow him up too. We don't have the blockers for it and Mannion should know that by now

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If Stafford or the other guys you mentioned got pressured, they would have seen Wicks wide open and let it fly

Again this leads into my ultimate question who is hindering this passing game is it Siri or Hurts…. Even last year guys got open and Hurts missed reads.

We are watching WRs get open, some issues have been the OL( Smitty wide open v the Titans easy TD Simmons get just enough of hurts to force an int)….. but then you have the bad pre snap reads the led to 2 ints, missed wide open Wicks( even if we completed to the pass to Smith for a good gain)

  • Author

Nice chat I think we both see the same things

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well he needs to see Wicks. He was out there all alone waving his arms like AJ did with nobody within 10 yards of him, and Hurts didn't find him(easy 6). Hurts tends to lock on 1 guy(the called play) instead of seeing a better play forming. Always been one of my knocks against him. I have since dropped the Eagles defense in all fantasy leagues, they are just killing me as are our offensive guys. I even benched Barkley in 1 league. I selected alot of Eagles on my teams and they are hit or miss(mostly miss) lol. Now we have a tough 3 game stretch coming(4 if you think Dullaz can play)

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I ripped what little hair I have out of my head seeing Wicks waving his arms wide open. Just SOOOOO frustrating. Of course we have the beauty over overhead cameras,still after 6 years Hurts needs to look around

That was frustrating...I can't believe Sirianni didn't throw him the ball

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We are watching WRs get open, some issues have been the OL( Smitty wide open v the Titans easy TD Simmons get just enough of hurts to force an int)….. but then you have the bad pre snap reads the led to 2 ints, missed wide open Wicks( even if we completed to the pass to Smith for a good gain)

And as you pointed out.. Plenty of other QBs have had to perform under more pressures from the defense. Yet they don't seem to get the pass.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES INJURY REPORT (WEDNESDAY)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

LB Zack Baun (concussion)
WR Hollywood Brown (ankle)
TE Dallas Goedert (knee)
OT Fred Johnson (knee)
RB Will Shipley (foot)
WR DeVonta Smith (hamstring)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

LB Jihaad Campbell (knee)
DT Jordan Davis (calf)
DT Moro Ojomo (calf/elbow)

FULL PARTICIPATION

RB Tank Bigsby (abdomen)
DT Jalen Carter (wrist)
WR Darius Cooper (knee)
EDGE Jonathan Greenard (pectoral)
DT Byron Young (toe)

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/news/184918/eagles-injury-report-devonta-smith-among-6-players-listed-under-did-not-practice

@mattwill Did you get my prediction?

  • Author
1 hour ago, joemas72 said:

That was frustrating...I can't believe Sirianni didn't throw him the ball

What do you mean? I said it was Hurts

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What do you mean? I said it was Hurts

I took it as Wicks was so wide open that Sirianni should've thrown a ball to him. Wicks was in the middle of a deserted town. I wanted to throw Wicks a ball through the TV. lol

7 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Watching Foles podcast and he was asking why we haven’t run a variant off the lemon bubble screen…. Clearly teams are crashing on it as soon as he goes in motion so why haven’t we hit the pump fake and shot play to someone else off it

I believe we hit one with Smith down the sideline ...or it was a PI...I forget. Down the right sideline to Smith with Lemon setting up for a screen

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.