Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

Wish we could have kept Swift to match up w. Barkley

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's sad for me that we pay numerous scouts,who travel the countryside ALL YEAR,do intense interviews,spend time away from family and friends and that part of Howies huge paycheck is to evaluate those notes,watch various videos,only to rely on some has beens mock draft in the end. He would do better just to ASK THIS BOARD. I say we submit this to Lurie. I think $400,000.00(guaranteed of course 🤣) for each of us would cover it. Well wait make it an even 500k because we will all need agents

We do it for free….he just has to sign up

PFF "Shipley could be the steal of the draft at the running back position if the coaching staff can develop his pass-blocking. With developed pass-blocking skills, Shipley could be a true three-down back."

From the draft networ;

First Team All-ACC (2022) • Team Captain (2023)

"Will Shipley should make an immediate impact as a receiving option who plays running back but can also play in the slot in the NFL.” 

Stop w/ the negatives already and do some research.

Trotter still on the board

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

From the draft networ;

First Team All-ACC (2022) • Team Captain (2023)

"Will Shipley should make an immediate impact as a receiving option who plays running back but can also play in the slot in the NFL.” 

Stop w/ the negatives already and do some research.

Who bashed Shipley?

34 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And come 2025 you’re going to be happy to have that extra 3rd and 5th for your mocks lol…. It what Howie does he trades down stocks for future years 

Yeah…you know this was the main plan today…more so than making actual picks

We like breden Rice at WR he is on the board also

36 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Stacked draft and we keep trading back. I hope 2025 is stacked also(because it will need to be)

It’s supposed to be. Guess I’m alone on my thoughts for this year’s draft. I’ve really liked this class the more I had studied it.

• Like 1

Thought you were being negative. Can empathize tho as we had to watch some really good players go off the board yesterday. Today's about diamonds and future high ceiling guys. Although we had to pass on some guys, feel we're having a great draft, will have to fill in some positions later

This is around where Trotter should go, he's a project as well.

Thought you were being negative. Can empathize tho as we had to watch some really good players go off the board yesterday. Today's about diamonds and future high ceiling guys. Although we had to pass on some guys, feel we're having a great draft, will have to fill in some positions later

I'm being negative about letting usable players go elsewhere(such as Stover) and not using a pick to add O line depth

That's ok. Got showered & dressed for an art show, went there - it's next week. Hey, get to watch the draft

• Haha 1

Great round for adding WR's We should have added 2 this round IMO. We may still get 1,but you can't get players with potential by trading back constantly

So we got Shipley..ok. Really needed a RB2 so filled that need. Pretty versatile RB

• Like 1

That's ok. Got showered & dressed for an art show, went there - it's next week. Hey, get to watch the draft

Oops lolo Worked out well for you then

Updated;

Round 1 • Pick 22 (22) • CB Quinyon Mitchell
Round 2 • Pick 8 (40) • CB Cooper DeJean
Round 3 • Pick 31 (94) • EDGE Jalyx Hunt
Round 4 • Pick 27 (127) • RB Will Shipley
Round 5 • Pick 17 (152) • From Seahawks through Commanders
Round 5 • Pick 29 (164) • From Lions
Round 5 • Pick 36 (171) • Compensatory Selection
Round 5 • Pick 37 (172) • Compensatory Selection
Round 6 • Pick 25 (201) • From Buccaneers through Lions

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Great round for adding WR's We should have added 2 this round IMO. We may still get 1,but you can't get players with potential by trading back constantly

Like to see us make a few selections here

Will have to get her something nice next week

29 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Got 164 201 and a 2025 4th lol 

Grab that return for next draft along the way here

24 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Pretty shocked we haven’t draft any OL yet. Guess that’s a good sign for Steen must be higher on him then I thought does have Hennessy as competition as well 

Noticing my boy McCormack went right before our pick today

Van Pran another guy we could have had for O line depth. I don't understand the waiting around when you could be adding quality prospects to your team. The longer you wait,the more work there is on said prospects to do

Wouldn't be surprised to see another of our picks start or get serious playing time besides the 2 CB's. So 3 starters from a draft and future development guys is a pretty good draft. 

19 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Shipley supposed to be the 7th best RB in the draft

Got that burst Gainwell just never possessed

18 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

PFF "Shipley could be the steal of the draft at the running back position if the coaching staff can develop his pass-blocking. With developed pass-blocking skills, Shipley could be a true three-down back."

I don’t even know who is our RB coach now