Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seen him ranked as 201…just over 100 slots of a reach…that’s all. 

Yep 2 rounds too soon

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

dude, this guy is no DL... maybe shooting guard or centerfield.  IDK, i just dont see it

Edge…converted from S…idea is he has the frame capable to add to. Guess he’s sort of Fangio’s version of Mailata….but taken in the 3rd round instead of 7th.

But I get the jokes…pretty good ones.

Well,nite guys tomorrow is another day hopefully for redemption from this 94 disaster. Maybe I need a new "94" icon

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I heard the collective "WTF" all the way from Detroit lol

Lets be honest, if it was the old draft format... ehhh... but in this format... you move up to take a pick.... and then 60 picks remain that night,,, you then trade back from 53 to 78....  78 to 86 .... 86 to 94... you spend all that time waiting... and this?   Bad optics.  Better off saying, do something else for the next 3 hours and be happy we got extra picks tomorrow. Friday night too... come on man

Just now, joemas6 said:

Lets be honest, if it was the old draft format... ehhh... but in this format... you move up to take a pick.... and then 60 picks remain that night,,, you then trade back from 53 to 78....  78 to 86 .... 86 to 94... you spend all that time waiting... and this?   Bad optics.  Better off saying, do something else for the next 3 hours and be happy we got extra picks tomorrow. Friday night too... come on man

Maybe they just wanted to pick someone so they could go back to the hotel LOL

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah alot of suspense for me here,I was hoping for an "OH YEAH WAY TO GO!!! Then the air went out

Yeah the trade backs just signaling our opinion of what he was about to choose. He really was going to be forced to draft this kid all the way back at the original spot if nobody traded back. 

See y'all tomorrow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Maybe they just wanted to pick someone so they could go back to the hotel LOL

they are all sleeping at Novacare I'm sure!

This choice hurts for being unwise. But will impact us much longer as we carry the dead weight on our 53 for years. Its worse than most are even realizing yet.

• Like 1

Hunt avg'd over a sack per game, Southland Conference defensive player of the year and a finalist for the national defensive player of the year. Yes he was a huge reach, only saw 1 guy at thr athletic predict rd 3, everyone else 4 to udfa. All said really high ceiling. May be a diamond in the rough, at least Fangio believes in him enough to get us to take him this early. I'll trust Fangio on this kid, looking forward to seeing what he does in camp.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah the trade backs just signaling our opinion of what he was about to choose. He really was going to be forced to draft this kid all the way back at the original spot if nobody traded back. 

I mean, wouldn't you ....after trading back for more picks.... be inclined to take at least a known player who just dropped due to injury?   Then you cover yourself.  The project you take as the extra asset later... who cares if someone else takes them.   

Or, go RB or WR... you know, guys that we need to be WR 5 or RB 3?    

That's why I am ok with the Gainwell pick... just having a solid backup drafted later, you get cheap for 4 years.    This Hunt guy... a project at Edge... didn't we bring in a few extra guys already, former Detroit guy, another ST guy that plays edge... on top of like the 5th guy we already drafted late last year.   That's a lot to worry about a project... this early,,,at that particulr position.  

Rosie blaming Daniel Jeremiah mock draft and best avaliable list for the choice 

Acknowledges how didn’t get equal trade value on the DeJean move

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This choice hurts for being unwise. But will impact us much longer as we carry the dead weight on our 53 for years. Its worse than most are even realizing yet.

yes... unless he get's " injured"    But probably can get cut and nobody would want him... or used in your trade for a vet.  

"Excitement about this player from all levels of the organization”

• Haha 1

yes... unless he get's " injured"    But probably can get cut and nobody would want him... or used in your trade for a vet.  

Yeah…I hope it’s a stash on IR move

• Like 1

Daniel Jeremiah said he was told Jalyx Hunt is one of Vic Fangio's favorite players from the 2024 NFL Draft.

DeJean held opponents to a 37.8 passer rating - ridiculous!

Daniel Jeremiah had Jalyn at 64. There you go. 

• Like 1

Rosie straight stated he saw DJ best available with Jalyx right there…why he pulled the trigger. 

Jeremiah the only one anywhere near that ballpark

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Rosie straight stated he saw DJ best available with Jalyx right there…why he pulled the trigger. 

is there somewhere to watch a video of Howie,  Phillies game is on right now, won't come on until after that

Can understand the negativity but I won't feed into it on this Hunt kid. The more I read about him the more impressed I get. They really did there homework and after seeing them pull this one out of nowhere, I think tomorrow's going to be really interesting!

6 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

DeJean held opponents to a 37.8 passer rating - ridiculous!

That was him playing basketball…should see his stats on football 😉