Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

is there somewhere to watch a video of Howie,  Phillies game is on right now, won't come on until after that

Our old site it was Rosie and Siri after presser

• Like 1

Maybe the Eagles home page. On my phone getting ready for bed, just had to read up on Hunt or I'd never get to sleep

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Can understand the negativity but I won't feed into it on this Hunt kid. The more I read about him the more impressed I get. They really did there homework and after seeing them pull this one out of nowhere, I think tomorrow's going to be really interesting!

Feel like I got to the bottom of the whole thing. All Jeremiah’s fault on the reach. But Fangio really championed him. Is what it is.  

Although Jeremiah worked under HR for a few yrs, I'm sure Fangio's recommendation had a bit more pull. I do like DJ tho and follow what he says moreso than many others.

• Like 1

So if the kid does really well we'll have DJ to thank, lol!

Hitting it, nite

22 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Will he get to wear # 27?      

BTW, The weak AFC South annoys me... Saints pick should have been much higher than 50.  just one more loss would have moved it up 6 slots to 44.  Really could have been even borderline 40.  Hopefully we don't have to move up to get any target.  

Didn’t they move up to 44 to get the 2nd pick?

4 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Didn’t they move up to 44 to get the 2nd pick?

40... but Saints pick being up there would have changed everything. 

32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Feel like I got to the bottom of the whole thing. All Jeremiah’s fault on the reach. But Fangio really championed him. Is what it is.  

DJ also liked the CB from Alabama over our guy....so I think the Fangio thing was it.  I was watching him as the pick happened...that was first thing DJ said... that Fangio was fascinated by this kid or just the opportunity to coach him...whatever the exact words were. 

Saw on Facebook.... about our 3rd pick Hunt...." his brother Mike is better"  

😆 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

DJ also liked the CB from Alabama over our guy....so I think the Fangio thing was it.  I was watching him as the pick happened...that was first thing DJ said... that Fangio was fascinated by this kid or just the opportunity to coach him...whatever the exact words were. 

It is the Fangio part. Which DJ already caught wind of. But Rosie straight mentioned the urgency of not being able to hold off until later because of DJ’s best available list having him in there. This small school kid wasn’t completely hidden. But was over 200 ranked prospect on everybody else list.

• Like 1

Maybe they knew something else about Hunt or another team wanting him. Was correct about DeJean, look at the CB run it started. Either way he's ours, on to day 3

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It is the Fangio part. Which DJ already caught wind of. But Rosie straight mentioned the urgency of not being able to hold off until later because of DJ’s best available list having him in there. This small school kid wasn’t completely hidden. But was over 200 ranked prospect on everybody else list.

Kiper had him at 64

Just now, joemas6 said:

Kiper had him at 64

So on the two stations that televised the draft..he was showing on best avaliable.   

The idea was that the Eagles were thinking that he isn't really under the radar.   Not so much....I have to follow Jeremiah advice.

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But Fangio really championed him. Is what it is.  

People say Howie needs to listen to the coaches and follow the board and they graded Hunt highly and he listened to the coaches. 

And now everyone is mad about the pick lol 

Not going to call Hunt a reach though because unless someone has NFL connections nobody knows if he was high on others boards would hope Howie and Co. have a far better feel for when a guy will be selected then anyone on this board or any ranking site 

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

People say Howie needs to listen to the coaches and follow the board and they graded Hunt highly and he listened to the coaches. 

And now everyone is mad about the pick lol 

Not going to call Hunt a reach though because unless someone has NFL connections nobody knows if he was high on others boards would hope Howie and Co. have a far better feel for when a guy will be selected then anyone on this board or any ranking site 

The unity last night was a beautiful thing. Even if it was hating the pick.  I was enjoying it.    Reality comes back today with all these picks... we know there are going to be so many disagreements.  

But interesting seeing both stations that televise the draft had Hunt ranked late 2nd and early 3rd.  And had been showing on the best available list for a while.   

Round 1 • Pick 22 (22) • CB Quinyon Mitchell
Round 2 • Pick 8 (40) • CB Cooper DeJean
Round 3 • Pick 31 (94) • EDGE Jalyx Hunt
Round 4 • Pick 20 (120) • From through Steelers
Round 4 • Pick 23 (123) • From Browns through Texans
Round 4 • Pick 32 (132) • Compensatory Selection
Round 5 • Pick 17 (152) • From Seahawks through Commanders
Round 5 • Pick 36 (171) • Compensatory Selection
Round 5 • Pick 37 (172) • Compensatory Selection
Round 6 • Pick 34 (210) • Compensatory Selection

It's sad for me that we pay numerous scouts,who travel the countryside ALL YEAR,do intense interviews,spend time away from family and friends and that part of Howies huge paycheck is to evaluate those notes,watch various videos,only to rely on some has beens mock draft in the end. He would do better just to ASK THIS BOARD. I say we submit this to Lurie. I think $400,000.00(guaranteed of course 🤣) for each of us would cover it. Well wait make it an even 500k because we will all need agents

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's sad for me that we pay numerous scouts,who travel the countryside ALL YEAR,do intense interviews,spend time away from family and friends and that part of Howies huge paycheck is to evaluate those notes,watch various videos,only to rely on some has beens mock draft in the end. He would do better just to ASK THIS BOARD. I say we submit this to Lurie. I think $400,000.00(guaranteed of course 🤣) for each of us would cover it. Well wait make it an even 500k because we will all need agents

Fire the scouting dept and just watch the DJ';s mock. DONE

55 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Not going to call Hunt a reach though

OK I will, He's a REACH

"This is a perfect developmental guy for us because of the tools in his body    You DON'T draft "devlopmental guys" in round 3. Just stop trying to qualify this. It was a BAD pick. I LIKE the kid,but to say this wasn't a reach is fallacy. On to "Eagles greener" pastures today. OK I'm done and I'm not arguing about it.BTW GOOD MORNING crew!!!

Traded back again with Miami lol Maybe we're going after Hunts brother Mike