Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

26 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Yep, looks like TATE way overhyped how good those two supposedly were last season. 

So Howie's talent evaluation skills really are still terrible then (i.e. it wasn't a case of those players not being coached up properly)?  :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

Yep, looks like TATE way overhyped how good those two supposedly were last season. 

Sidney Jones was the PFF #1 rated corner for 1 week and then some people assumed he suddenly emerged as this lockdown corner because he left Philly. That myth seemed to carry on for the rest of the season. But if you look at his stats he was even worse last year than he was in 2019. Also he missed 6 games so he still wasn't healthy either. I know stats don't tell the whole story so I could be wrong about that but I've never seen anything to convince me otherwise. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, metal said:

Sidney Jones was the PFF #1 rated corner for 1 week and then some people assumed he suddenly emerged as this lockdown corner because he left Philly. That myth seemed to carry on for the rest of the season. But if you look at his stats he was even worse last year than he was in 2019. Also he missed 6 games so he still wasn't healthy either. I know stats don't tell the whole story so I could be wrong about that but I've never seen anything to convince me otherwise. 

Pretty much all of these guys who left Philly aren’t very good. If they were their teams would’ve kept them. They’re all basically bouncing around the league.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kz! said:

Every time someone goes somewhere else and even sniffs the field people lose their minds. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, metal said:

Jordan Matthews was released by the 49ers again

Might as well bring him back here for the 10th time

2 hours ago, metal said:

Jordan Matthews was released by the 49ers again

I didn't even know that he was still in the league... and he converted to a TE? I don't think I knew that, or if I did, I've forgotten.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Since he is a former Eagle, I'll link this over here:

Looks like he was treated for dehydration and will be fine.

And now the chatter on social media is that Nick Foles could be the starter in week 4 for the Bears.  Who knows.  Foles was always at his best coming off the bench.  Hope he does well and drives down the value of that Bears # 1 that's going to the Giants.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Since he is a former Eagle, I'll link this over here:

I was about to post this too. All the best to him. 

On 10/6/2021 at 3:00 PM, metal said:

Couple former Eagles on the move

For as much as this team plays zone now Rasul Douglas probably would fit in better now than he did before. 

Sidney Jones is now starting over Trey Flowers in Seattle so things must be bad over there. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sidney Jones is now starting over Trey Flowers in Seattle so things must be bad over there. 

Seattle has the 32nd ranked defense.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, time2rock said:

Seattle has the 32nd ranked defense.  

Quarterbacks have a 140 passer rating on Jones right now too. 😂

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Procus said:

Looks like things aren't working out for DJax in LA

I am shocked!!

[/sarcasm]