Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

40 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I would think the best case is Indy loses more because of their defense. That way, their losses pile up, and there's no reason to pull Wentz.

Except their defense is good and the offenses they face in that division are the suck. 

19 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Best case scenario is that Indy plays well (along with Wentz), that he hits 75%, and they fall short of the playoffs in the last week of the season.  That gets them a pick in the mid/late teens.

If they are far from playoff contention, it's likely because Wentz isn't playing well.  They'd probably pull the plug at that point and drop our pick to round 2.  That would still leave us feeling OK about the trade (we'd be glad we got anything for him at that point), but it obviously helps us less.

If I had to guess, the likelihood of Reich pulling Wentz is very low (he'd have to completely crap the bed over a long stretch).  I doubt he'd risk further fracturing Wentz's ego/confidence by pulling him if he struggles especially in year one playing in a new system (I don't know how similar the offense is to ours when Reich was OC).  Anyway, so long as Wentz hits that 75% mark and they miss the playoffs (and hopefully Miami does as well) ... we'll be set.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

If I had to guess, the likelihood of Reich pulling Wentz is very low (he'd have to completely crap the bed over a long stretch).  I doubt he'd risk further fracturing Wentz's ego/confidence by pulling him if he struggles especially in year one playing in a new system (I don't know how similar the offense is to ours when Reich was OC).  Anyway, so long as Wentz hits that 75% mark and they miss the playoffs (and hopefully Miami does as well) ... we'll be set.  

Yes, the only scenario where I can see Wentz pulled is he already missed time and they are missing the playoffs and his playing time in the final game determines the pick.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@downundermike would love to have him back

Nobody almost makes a play better than Nate Gerry. 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He is frustrating AF lol

• Haha 1

A big indictment of the Eagles coaching the last few years is Gerry was actually a linebacker who converted to a decent safety in College (13 interceptions in 2 seasons) and he should've been fine as a special teamer /  slot corner / rotational safety with good coaching, instead the Eagles tried to turn him into a starting linebacker and coaching reduced his coverage skills such that he'd have been burnt by my grandmother by the end.

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

the doubletake ?
tenor.gif tenor.giftenor.gif?itemid=14718152

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

A big indictment of the Eagles coaching the last few years is Gerry was actually a linebacker who converted to a decent safety in College (13 interceptions in 2 seasons) and he should've been fine as a special teamer /  slot corner / rotational safety with good coaching, instead the Eagles tried to turn him into a starting linebacker and coaching reduced his coverage skills such that he'd have been burnt by my grandmother by the end.

In no world would Nate Gerry ever have become a "fine" slot corner. 

21 minutes ago, Kz! said:

" For the first time ever, you and I are in total agreement "

YARN | For the first time ever, you and I are in total agreement. | Se7en  (1995) | Video clips by quotes | f73139cd | 紗

2 hours ago, Kz! said:

Jesus Christ I wasn't suggesting he was ever going to be all pro, but he was a decent pass defender in college as well as a decent special teamer, he should have been able to find a place on a roster where we were running out PS warriors and street bums at Safety and Corner. Why Schwartz decided he was a line backer, when he was plainly awful at it is beyond me. I'm on record on here as saying he sucks at LB

I swear to god you m'fers think saying anything better than they should drag a guy into a field to be shot at dawn means you absolutely 100% think a guy should be a guaranteed starter, there's an ocean of possibility between Hall of Famer and below average NFL roster filler and 99.99% of the guys who end up spending time on an NFL roster land somewhere in it.

44 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Jesus Christ I wasn't suggesting he was ever going to be all pro, but he was a decent pass defender in college as well as a decent special teamer, he should have been able to find a place on a roster where we were running out PS warriors and street bums at Safety and Corner. Why Schwartz decided he was a line backer, when he was plainly awful at it is beyond me. I'm on record on here as saying he sucks at LB

I swear to god you m'fers think saying anything better than they should drag a guy into a field to be shot at dawn means you absolutely 100% think a guy should be a guaranteed starter, there's an ocean of possibility between Hall of Famer and below average NFL roster filler and 99.99% of the guys who end up spending time on an NFL roster land somewhere in it.

Dude,  you suggested slot corner.  Did you see what 3rd tier TE Tyler Higbee did to Gerry week 2 last year ??  Gerry made it look like Tony Gonzalez in his prime was out there.

48 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

No, I just think any suggestion that a guy who routinely gets smoked by plodding TEs could have turned into a decent slot corner covering much faster and quicker athletes is absurd. 

He never should have been more than an end-of-the-bench LBer/STs guy, but there's no way he could have turned into an adequate NFL safety or corner. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

All pissy because you got called out?

lol I never thought a player like Nate MFin Gerry would create so much discussion.  :lol:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, time2rock said:

lol I never thought a player like Nate MFin Gerry would create so much discussion.  :lol:

He is the real!

• Haha 1

How much did I drink tonight that I’m hallucinating and read the words that Nate Gerry would be a fine slot corner? 

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2021 at 11:31 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

How much did I drink tonight that I’m hallucinating and read the words that Nate Gerry would be a fine slot corner? 

It's not the booze it's the shroons 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Former preseason hero Daeshon Hall was released by San Francisco.

• Like 1