Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

image.thumb.png.c8cce26dbd4754b00661b7628aa4ce0f.png

He didn't even get a vote :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Just look at the comment about 'otherworldly arm talent', then watch this (you have to watch it on YouTube):

Probably the single most 'otherworldly' pass I've ever seen.

• Like 1

rstarter was more in love with Carr than any Eagle player ever.  His obsession was cringey but hilarious.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

He never played here as well as he's played for Green Bay. I think there was another DB that wasn't all that good here - can't think of his name, Al something I think - that went to Green Bay and played well there.

Edit: It was Al Harris and he was something of a penalty machine here. At Green Bay he got 2 Pro Bowls and one second team all pro. And now he's working with the CowPukes secondary.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know this guy was never officially an Eagle, but with all those Carrstarter "arm talent” arguments it just seems right. 😂

EB71A8EC-CBC1-44AD-B63D-547D1FC994D4.jpeg

Dat bench talent doe!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

Dat bench talent doe!

He's not even on the bench. They sent him away.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He's not even on the bench. They sent him away.

Did they send him away or did he run away to pout?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Did they send him away or did he run away to pout?

From what info has been reported, sounds like a mutual parting, but if anything, it might be moreso on LV’s side since he has significant injury guarantees in his contract. He in anyway gets hurt at their practice facility or stadium, and they’re on the hook for that cash. 

7 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

Chip Kelly coaching the Bruins in the Sun Bowl today, 2 pm EST.

And they lost :roll:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The Washington Commanders will start Taylor Heinicke at quarterback in Sunday's regular-season finale vs. the Dallas Cowboys, a move that all but signals the end of Carson Wentz's tenure in Washington, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports via John Keim of ESPN.com  This according to sources. Rookie quarterback Sam Howell will finish the game, per sources.

The moves come one week after the Commanders gambled that Wentz's return as the starter could spark an offense that had struggled to score. But that failed, as Cleveland beat Washington 24-10, and the Commanders managed only 260 yards -- their third-lowest total of the season. Wentz threw for just 124 yards and was intercepted three times, and the Commanders (7-8-1) were eliminated from playoff contention. Dallas (12-4) can still clinch the NFC East with a win and a loss by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Wentz will be inactive in what almost assuredly will be his last game with Washington. He has two years left on his contract, but with no guaranteed money. The Commanders could cut him without any money counting toward their salary cap.”

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/27225/Sources--Taylor-Heinicke-to-start--Sam-Howell-to-play-in-Commanders--finale

Once again Wentz is benched. People still think this guy has a future  in this league. Tell me what team is desperately looking for a 30 year old quarterback who can’t stay healthy, and threw for 124 yards and three picks against the Browns while they were fighting for their playoff lives? 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

"The Washington Commanders will start Taylor Heinicke at quarterback in Sunday's regular-season finale vs. the Dallas Cowboys, a move that all but signals the end of Carson Wentz's tenure in Washington, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports via John Keim of ESPN.com  This according to sources. Rookie quarterback Sam Howell will finish the game, per sources.

The moves come one week after the Commanders gambled that Wentz's return as the starter could spark an offense that had struggled to score. But that failed, as Cleveland beat Washington 24-10, and the Commanders managed only 260 yards -- their third-lowest total of the season. Wentz threw for just 124 yards and was intercepted three times, and the Commanders (7-8-1) were eliminated from playoff contention. Dallas (12-4) can still clinch the NFC East with a win and a loss by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Wentz will be inactive in what almost assuredly will be his last game with Washington. He has two years left on his contract, but with no guaranteed money. The Commanders could cut him without any money counting toward their salary cap.”

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/27225/Sources--Taylor-Heinicke-to-start--Sam-Howell-to-play-in-Commanders--finale

Once again Wentz is benched. People still think this guy has a future  in this league. Tell me what team is desperately looking for a 30 year old quarterback who can’t stay healthy, and threw for 124 yards and three picks against the Browns while they were fighting for their playoff lives? 

Just another FAILED Howie pick!  Oh wait...wrong thread.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Speaking of failed Howie picks. 😂

Failed seems kind of a strong word for a 5th rounder who has stayed in the league for 5 years. Should he have ever been a starter? No. Is he a rosterable backup and good special teamer? Yes. Not a "fail" in the 5th. 

10 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Failed seems kind of a strong word for a 5th rounder who has stayed in the league for 5 years. Should he have ever been a starter? No. Is he a rosterable backup and good special teamer? Yes. Not a "fail" in the 5th. 

Howie drafted him to be a starter. They started him. He failed as a starter. I don’t recall him doing anything as a special teams player to say he would be good at that either. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie drafted him to be a starter. They started him. He failed as a starter. I don’t recall him doing anything as a special teams player to say he would be good at that either. 

He was a project … college S they tried to convert to LB.  I just don’t get the whole thinking your smarter than everyone one else with these conversion attempts.  If you want a LB just take a player that has already proven himself at the position.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

He was a project … college S they tried to convert to LB.  I just don’t get the whole thinking your smarter than everyone one else with these conversion attempts.  If you want a LB just take a player that has already proven himself at the position.  

I totally agree with that side of it, but they did draft him to be a starter nonetheless. That’s also around the place where they believe they can take starting level linebackers. Gerry didn’t fit the bill ultimately, but that’s because Howie tried to over think the processes. I guess it’s hard for me not to call a failed experiment a failure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ha, that's a weird statement. He was drafted in the fifth round, got almost no snaps in year 1 and only played sparingly in year 2.

I mean, I guess every player is drafted with the intention that they could one day start potentially? Gerry ended up starting because, before very recently, we chronically undervalued the LB position, but that still doesn't mean Howie was sitting there in the 2017 draft crossing his fingers to that a college safety would fall to him in the fifth round so he could three years later be inserted into the lineup as a starting linebacker. 

5 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Ha, that's a weird statement. He was drafted in the fifth round, got almost no snaps in year 1 and only played sparingly in year 2.

I mean, I guess every player is drafted with the intention that they could one day start potentially? Gerry ended up starting because, before very recently, we chronically undervalued the LB position, but that still doesn't mean Howie was sitting there in the 2017 draft crossing his fingers to that a college safety would fall to him in the fifth round so he could three years later be inserted into the lineup as a starting linebacker. 

Howie drafted a safety and turned him into a linebacker, because he thought it would work. It didn’t. It failed. Davion Taylor didn’t play much as a rookie either. Doesn’t mean they had no intentions of eventuality playing him a lot more. They did until that failed too. Also if the Eagles just viewed Gerry as just a special teams player then why change his position at all? Obviously they had plans for him. It didn’t work out. 

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie drafted a safety and turned him into a linebacker, because he thought it would work. It didn’t. It failed. Davion Taylor didn’t play much as a rookie either. Doesn’t mean they had no intentions of eventuality playing him a lot more. They did until that failed too. Also if the Eagles just viewed Gerry as just a special teams player then why change his position at all? Obviously they had plans for him. It didn’t work out. 

Howie made it right with Reddick who was drafted as a safety and now is an absolute monster as a pass rushing linebacker. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Howie made it right with Reddick who was drafted as a safety and now is an absolute monster as a pass rushing linebacker. 

Other teams made the mistake of letting Reddick go. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Other teams made the mistake of letting Reddick go. 

Pass rushers are supposed to be a premium, not sure how Reddick keeps getting ditched... Maybe they didn't think he could sustain it? Oh well he is ours now

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Pass rushers are supposed to be a premium, not sure how Reddick keeps getting ditched... Maybe they didn't think he could sustain it? Oh well he is ours now

The guy just has a knack for being disruptive and getting to the quarterback. I know that isn’t as valuable in the PFF era where hurries are king, but I’ll take the guy who gets home over the guy who almost gets home every time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The guy just has a knack for being disruptive and getting to the quarterback. I know that isn’t as valuable in the PFF era where hurries are king, but I’ll take the guy who gets home over the guy who almost gets home every time.

That's what was gonna say! Probably not enough preasuurreezzzzz 

• Haha 1