Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

19 hours ago, Procus said:

Eric Bienemy makes a lateral move and signs on with Washington as its OC.

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-eric-bieniemy-offensive-coordinator

Asst HC too.

Even so, why not stay in KC? Wait for Reid to retire & become their HC. He's going to one of the most dysfunctional teams in the NFL.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Asst HC too.

Even so, why not stay in KC? Wait for Reid to retire & become their HC. He's going to one of the most dysfunctional teams in the NFL.

To the credit of Bieniemy and the KC organization, any internal reasons that would answer your question aren't being leaked out.

20 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Asst HC too.

That was my first thought too. Doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Asst HC too.

Ultimately I believe Reid wants him to get an opportunity to succeed. Teams have been really quick to snatch up Andy’s coordinators and make them HCs, but when it comes to Bieniemy he’s not getting the same appeal or push. I believe this is a mutual parting in hopes to get him an opportunity. If the Commanders falter, but the offense does well despite not having a quality quarterback, he could find himself as the next HC of the Commanders. Considering some of the people who are being hired  as head coaches these days it seems ridiculous that Eric can’t come close to getting a shot. Also I’m not buying that he doesn’t interview well. I mean how many Reid disciples have been given HC jobs now? You mean to tell me Reid gave all those guys the tools to interview well but not Bieniemy? Highly unlikely. 

XFL resumed over the weekend. Several former Eagles are signed up: LINK

Eagles fans tuning into the XFL season will see 17 players with ties to the midnight green.

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:28 AM, EazyEaglez said:

You mean to tell me Reid gave all those guys the tools to interview well but not Bieniemy? Highly unlikely. 

Speaking from experience ... Maybe the last person Reid gave his tools to didn't bring them back?

On 2/22/2023 at 9:06 AM, brkmsn said:

Speaking from experience ... Maybe the last person Reid gave his tools to didn't bring them back?

Reid has had numerous hires over the past twenty years and a few of them made it back into the organization with him. Eric B has found himself in the worst possible position to find a way to become a head coach in the league. Banking it all on Washington who doesn’t even have a quarterback will not be easy to do. 

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

He’ll probably end up in KC as Mahomes’ backup now that Henne called it a career.  

I doubt Reid would want him - there's no connection and Wentz is damaged goods.  I could see Foles landing in KC before Wentz.

Wentz should consider retirement. He has made over a 100 million, has a ring, made a pro-bowl, became a household name, and I'm sure made a lot of great memories.

All things considered, he had a better career than most. Not bad for a no name HS recruit out of middle of nowhere North Dakota.

Go enjoy life Carson.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Wentz should consider retirement. He has made over a 100 million, has a ring, made a pro-bowl, became a household name, and I'm sure made a lot of great memories.

All things considered, he had a better career than most. Not bad for a no name HS recruit out of middle of no where North Dakota.

Go enjoy life Carson.

Even experienced backups can continue to make between $5-20M a season. Why should he call it a career if someone still has a role for him on their team and he enjoys the game? Wentz at $30M/year isn't appealing to teams, but Wentz at $5-7M should have a pretty active market from teams looking for a backup, a bridge starter, or just an injury replacement / temp starter. 

On 2/28/2023 at 8:29 AM, brkmsn said:

Even experienced backups can continue to make between $5-20M a season. Why should he call it a career if someone still has a role for him on their team and he enjoys the game? Wentz at $30M/year isn't appealing to teams, but Wentz at $5-7M should have a pretty active market from teams looking for a backup, a bridge starter, or just an injury replacement / temp starter. 

I don’t think Wentz would be making in the 5-7 mil range and if that’s what he’s being offered then he might as well retire, go fishing, hunting, and enjoy his family. The Wentz situation is bigger than money or his skill, because twice now teams just gave up on this guy after one season. The Eagles took a massive cap hit just to let him walk. There were rumored attitude issue here and obviously the Colts were highly critical of his leadership. The Commanders played better once he was off the field both times. There is a leadership issue and possibly a locker room cancer issue there. Carson might do himself better by taking off a year before trying to make a comeback. 

• Like 2

Carson Strong is at the combine this year

He's currently not with any NFL team.

On 2/28/2023 at 8:29 AM, brkmsn said:

Basically, meaning the Jets can't wait to sign him. 

2 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

Basically, meaning the Jets can't wait to sign him. 

Well Joe Douglas was here when he was selected. Looks like a move the Jets would make too. 

• Like 1