Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t see how Andy could put another one of his children on a path to football after all that has happened. 

I don't know that Garrett's addiction was a result of being involved with football. I do think, based on first hand knowledge that there is a genetic predisposition toward addictive behavior. Some people seem to recognize and can control it, others cannot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I don't know that Garrett's addiction was a result of being involved with football. I do think, based on first hand knowledge that there is a genetic predisposition toward addictive behavior. Some people seem to recognize and can control it, others cannot.

The point I was making was that both incidents with his children happened in football facilities. Basically right under Andy’s nose. I don’t think football or being in the environment has assisted his children with dealing with their demons. If anything they culminated them with disastrous results. 

On 3/17/2023 at 6:08 PM, NOTW said:

Reid hired former WR Stinkston as his...

...Running Backs coach. 

He tried to but Pinky kept dropping the pen

On 3/17/2023 at 10:51 PM, time2rock said:

Hopefully Spencer stays away from the snow.  

It's incredible to me that the Chiefs are going along with this given they're going to be paying the medical expenses of the kid his other son almost killed driving drunk to the Chiefs facility for years to come.

On 3/24/2023 at 12:59 PM, toolg said:
Agholor signed with the Ravens.

No wonder Lamar requested a trade. 

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

Kind of weird how he never really got a chance here. They couldn’t wait to ship him out yet the guy has found a way to stay in the NFL for a while. Wasn’t any worse than Carey Williams. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Kind of weird how he never really got a chance here. They couldn’t wait to ship him out yet the guy has found a way to stay in the NFL for a while. Wasn’t any worse than Carey Williams. 

he hasn’t done half bad as a safety 

Eric Rowe was pretty bad here. The fact that he's been able to carve out a decent career is a credit to him, I guess. But let's not act like it was somehow a mistake to move on from him at the time. I think they got about a fourth round pick which seemed a decent haul based on what he had shown.

I remember that in his final preseason game against the Jets in his rookie year, he was beaten repeatedly, so much so that it was apparent that he was never going to justify his draft value. It was frightening how awful he looked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Eric Rowe was pretty bad here. The fact that he's been able to carve out a decent career is a credit to him, I guess. But let's not act like it was somehow a mistake to move on from him at the time. I think they got about a fourth round pick which seemed a decent haul based on what he had shown.

I remember that in his final preseason game against the Jets in his rookie year, he was beaten repeatedly, so much so that it was apparent that he was never going to justify his draft value. It was frightening how awful he looked.

Eric Rowe played one season in Philly and it was his rookie season. He started 5 games, and had one interception and 5tds. Conversely Sidney Jones did for less with more opportunities and people wanted to anoint him the next big thing. I’m not stating that Rowe stuck out a great deal, but the Eagles dumped this guy after a rookie season where he barely got to play. The following year the Eagles starting corners were Nolan Carroll and Leodis McKelvin. Where either of those bums that much better? Sorry don’t think so. 

8 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Rowe and Rasul Douglas were two players that our dc hated who were actually decent football players. Had they been used correctly, they would have been fine here. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Eric Rowe played one season in Philly and it was his rookie season. He started 5 games, and had one interception and 5tds. Conversely Sidney Jones did for less with more opportunities and people wanted to anoint him the next big thing. I’m not stating that Rowe stuck out a great deal, but the Eagles dumped this guy after a rookie season where he barely got to play. The following year the Eagles starting corners were Nolan Carroll and Leodis McKelvin. Where either of those bums that much better? Sorry don’t think so. 

Rowe wasn't a scheme fit and wouldn't have fared any better than the other guys. 1 Year later, Darby and Mills helped us win a Super Bowl (against Rowe). 

Jones obviously didn't work out for us either, but I still think getting a player with a high 1st round grade in the second round because of an injury is worth the risk. With Jones it was a bust, but with Dickerson, it's been a boom. Win some, lose some --- such is the nature of the draft. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Looks like the team dropped the ball by not retaining Gannon

I mean he was trained by the flower grower

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 10:00 PM, brkmsn said:

Rowe wasn't a scheme fit and wouldn't have fared any better than the other guys. 1 Year later, Darby and Mills helped us win a Super Bowl (against Rowe). 

Jones obviously didn't work out for us either, but I still think getting a player with a high 1st round grade in the second round because of an injury is worth the risk. With Jones it was a bust, but with Dickerson, it's been a boom. Win some, lose some --- such is the nature of the draft. 

Funny we bring up Mills, because I recall how many couldn’t stand the guy. Don’t know if Rowe would have or wouldn’t have fit their scheme. Rasul Douglas was slower than Rowe yet he was in many ways more effective than Darby was. Also those corners gave up over 500 yards in that Bowl so it’s not like they were all that impactful. Ultimately the options between 2015-2017 at corner weren’t that much better than Rowe.