Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's what was gonna say! Probably not enough preasuurreezzzzz 

Why PFF has him ranked in the 20s while they have Graham ranked 2nd for pass rushers this season. 😂🤔🤦

• Haha 1

Congratulations to DP for getting the Jaguars to the playoffs. Looks like it wasn’t just everyone else but Doug like some people thought.

• Like 9

On 1/5/2023 at 6:19 PM, EazyEaglez said:

The guy just has a knack for being disruptive and getting to the quarterback. I know that isn’t as valuable in the PFF era where hurries are king, but I’ll take the guy who gets home over the guy who almost gets home every time.

"Hey!  I heard that!"  - Mike Mamula

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

"Hey!  I heard that!"  - Mike Mamula

Mamula today would be a PFF king.

On 1/5/2023 at 4:40 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Why PFF has him ranked in the 20s while they have Graham ranked 2nd for pass rushers this season. 😂🤔🤦

I know you hate PFF, but what are you looking at, tweets from late September or something? 

53 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I know you hate PFF, but what are you looking at, tweets from late September or something? 

Looks like they’re finally starting to see his greatness. Took them long enough. I’d love to see where they actually rank him amongst his peers though. 

So this is from the first week of December. I know you love PFF, but they don’t love Reddick. He’s ranked 20th. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-edge-defender-rankings-week-13-micah-parsons-myles-garrett-2022

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Looks like they’re finally starting to see his greatness. Took them long enough. I’d love to see where they actually rank him amongst his peers though. 

So this is from the first week of December. I know you love PFF, but they don’t love Reddick. He’s ranked 20th. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-edge-defender-rankings-week-13-micah-parsons-myles-garrett-2022

Keep in mind he started the season  a bit slow in regards to sacks. But there's probably not a tremendous drop-off from ranks 3-20 either. That's still pretty high when considering how many good edge rushers there really are. From the article you posted:

20. HAASON REDDICK, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

The only reason Reddick isn’t higher on this list is due to a sub-par run-defense grade (63.5), as he’s been one of the better pure pass-rushers in the league. Among edge defenders with at least 250 pass-rush snaps, Reddick ranks 13th in pass-rush grade (78.5). With eight sacks and three forced fumbles this season, he contributes to an Eagles pass rush that ranks among the league's best. They are the only team on this list to have three edge defenders ranked.

16 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Keep in mind he started the season  a bit slow in regards to sacks. But there's probably not a tremendous drop-off from ranks 3-20 either. That's still pretty high when considering how many good edge rushers there really are. From the article you posted:

20. HAASON REDDICK, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

The only reason Reddick isn’t higher on this list is due to a sub-par run-defense grade (63.5), as he’s been one of the better pure pass-rushers in the league. Among edge defenders with at least 250 pass-rush snaps, Reddick ranks 13th in pass-rush grade (78.5). With eight sacks and three forced fumbles this season, he contributes to an Eagles pass rush that ranks among the league's best. They are the only team on this list to have three edge defenders ranked.

They have him ranked behind Sweat who’s isn’t even playing right now and Graham who plays part time. The Eagles struggling run defense had had both players on it. They’re bogus. Considering neither Graham nor Sweat have been this pass rush productive before Reddick got there it seems to me like he’s more important to this defense than PFF realizes. 

On 1/7/2023 at 11:13 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Congratulations to DP for getting the Jaguars to the playoffs. Looks like it wasn’t just everyone else but Doug like some people thought.

In my opinion, DougyP should get Coach of the year.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2023 at 9:28 AM, JournalistMic said:

In my opinion, DougyP should get Coach of the year.

49'ers locking up the 2 seed with their 3rd string QB was equally impressive.

The candidates have to be Doug, Siri, Daboll and Shanahan. They're all worthy winners

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mat said:

49'ers locking up the 2 seed with their 3rd string QB was equally impressive.

The candidates have to be Doug, Siri, Daboll and Shanahan. They're all worthy winners

14 wins for Sirianni certainly puts him in play. Daboll and DP probably did the most with less, but no prognosticators had the Eagles walking away with the best record in all of the NFL at the start of the season. 

• Like 3

Question might come down to is it more impressive to go from really bad to mediocre/slightly above average like the Jags and Giants did or is it better to go from mediocre to top 3? I think Siri's season is the most impressive, but you could definitely make legitimate arguments for all of them. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

For Eagles DC Jim Schwartz to interview for vacant DC spot in Cleveland.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/11/browns-announce-interview-with-jim-schwartz/

As long as that bastid never comes back here!! And he can take this other clown that currently resides here with him!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

As long as that bastid never comes back here!! And he can take this other clown that currently resides here with him!!

Man the dude helped us win a Super Bowl. 😂 Just curious how would you rank the Eagles last four DCs? 

Doug Pederson going to the playoffs after barely breaking .500,  man sure does love to back into the post season.

why-are-you-booing-me-im-right.gif

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Doug Pederson going to the playoffs after barely breaking .500,  man sure does love to back into the post season.

why-are-you-booing-me-im-right.gif

Better to back in than to be sitting on the outside. Overall though I don’t think that’s a good football team so getting them in is an accomplishment. 

52 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

They’re gonna LOVE his sticks defense!

Probably appreciate it more then this fan base. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Probably appreciate it more then this fan base. 

We just missed that Billy Davis and Juan defense. 😂