Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

I guess this can now officially be added here.

The 3 year $19.5M deal TJ Edwards signed with Chicago can be as little as a 1 year $8M deal.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/13/t-j-edwards-contract-can-be-a-one-year-8-million-deal/

Are you telling me Alex Singleton got a better deal than TJ?!

16 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Are you telling me Alex Singleton got a better deal than TJ?!

I've seen a couple of suggestions online that Edwards gave Chicago a home town discount because he didn't want to be anywhere else, it's why the deal was done so quickly.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Colts checking our Minshew.  Have to believe they'll be drafting a QB since they have the 4th overall pick so Minshew would serve as nothing more than a bridge / veteran placeholder.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/16/report-colts-are-looking-into-gardner-minshew/

He was supposed to be the future for us. 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

Colts checking our Minshew.  Have to believe they'll be drafting a QB since they have the 4th overall pick so Minshew would serve as nothing more than a bridge / veteran placeholder.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/16/report-colts-are-looking-into-gardner-minshew/

This sucks, sucks for the only reason being that I can't use the excuse arguing with my wife that I shaved a ridiculous looking mustache on my face just to support Minshew..

4 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

This sucks, sucks for the only reason being that I can't use the excuse arguing with my wife that I shaved a ridiculous looking mustache on my face just to support Minshew..

Miles Teller Top Gun stache, he's a Philly fan

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He was supposed to be the future for us. 😂

To be fair, when we traded for him, Hurts only had 4 starts under his belt. It was definitely a good trade. Perhaps if we had been able to land him before training camp instead of at the final roster cut week, a lot of conversations would have been different. There certainly would have been a legitimate camp battle between the two and Hurts wasn't the player he is today. I'm just glad now that things worked out as they did. Hurts needed time to improve and he destroyed the fictitious "ceiling" cliche / concept that some fans believe in with all their hearts. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

To be fair, when we traded for him, Hurts only had 4 starts under his belt. It was definitely a good trade. Perhaps if we had been able to land him before training camp instead of at the final roster cut week, a lot of conversations would have been different. There certainly would have been a legitimate camp battle between the two and Hurts wasn't the player he is today. I'm just glad now that things worked out as they did. Hurts needed time to improve and he destroyed the fictitious "ceiling" cliche / concept that some fans believe in with all their hearts. 

I don’t think the Eagles ever viewed Minshew as much more than a backup. The fans and media pumped him up to be more than he ever was along with his own self promotion. He is a modern day Jim McMahon in that way. Overall the talent just isn’t as good as many assumed. He puts up a lot of numbers that do not amount to wins. Overtime we saw his arm isn’t very strong. He’s the perfect backup for a WCO. The most important part of that is understanding that he’s just a backup. 

Reid hired former WR Stinkston as his...

...Running Backs coach. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Reid hired former WR Stinkston as his...

...Running Backs coach. 

Hopefully Spencer stays away from the snow.  

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 6:51 PM, time2rock said:

Hopefully Spencer stays away from the snow.  

I don’t see how Andy could put another one of his children on a path to football after all that has happened.