Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

FB_IMG_1689768474770.jpg

Madden was drafted in the 21st round (244th overall) by the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles in 1958 (months before beginning his senior season at Cal Poly). His senior year, which again saw Madden regularly start on the left side of the offensive line,[29] was cut short due to a season-ending collarbone injury suffered while making a tackle against Long Beach State in October 1958, with four games remaining on the schedule.[30]

However, on January 3, 1959, Madden played in the All-American Bowl in Tucson, Arizona,[31] and was later praised by Lou Pavlovich of The Sporting News for his play in the showcase.[32] Then, however, he suffered an injury on his other knee[33] in his first training camp, during an Eagles scrimmage in August 1959,[34] ending his playing career without having had an opportunity to play in a regulation game professionally.[19][13]

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 12:36 PM, brkmsn said:

That's your own personal conviction. So if you decide to kill a bear, make sure to use your bare hands. 

If you for some reason ever get stranded in "the wild," I hope all the predators that may come across you believe in your fair fight initiative. 

I suggest watching The Revenant for some tips.

image.png.b13adc56146249ed3471ffe8c91e5eef.png

20 hours ago, time2rock said:

I suggest watching The Revenant for some tips.

image.png.b13adc56146249ed3471ffe8c91e5eef.png

The overwhelming majority of human bear interactions end with both sides backing off unharmed, most of the others end with some poor bear trying to take his morning crap being shot in the lungs by a sneaky rich a-hole with a compound bow calling himself a hunter.

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The overwhelming majority of human bear interactions end with both sides backing off unharmed, most of the others end with some poor bear trying to take his morning crap being shot in the lungs by a sneaky rich a-hole with a compound bow calling himself a hunter.

Bears sometimes attack humans who don't agree to mutual combat unprovoked. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Kz! said:

Bears sometimes attack humans who don't agree to mutual combat unprovoked. Thoughts?

I once heard that animals kill other animals without remorse. Is this true?

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I once heard that animals kill other animals without remorse. Is this true?

OK if a bear killed you solely to mount your head on the wall (perhaps to replace a stuffed horses ass that was already there). I'd consider that one bear an a-hole, even if it did it with it's bear claws and felt no remorse.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

OK if a bear killed you solely to mount your head on the wall (perhaps to replace a stuffed horses ass that was already there). I'd consider that one bear an a-hole, even if it did it with it's bear claws and felt no remorse.

Contrary to your belief, bears do attack and even kill people for reasons that don't include eating them. Also, in most bear attacks, the human isn't armed. I'm not so sure that's a fair fight.

We get it. You have your personal conviction and have decided that hunting is evil. Like I said, you shouldn't hunt. Everybody else is free to make his or her own choice on the matter (within the law obviously). I'm pretty confident you make plenty of decisions that other people might look down upon. 

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

He got signed by the wrong team ... should have went to SF.  He'd fit right in with all the whining.  

• Like 2

Speaking of CJ Gardner-Johnson

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/c-j-gardner-johnson-carted-off-at-lions-practice-with-leg-injury

C.J. Gardner-Johnson carted off at Lions practice with leg injury

By:  Josh Alper  
Published July 24, 2023 10:20 AM

Defensive back C.J. Gardner-Johnson’s first Lions training camp took a wrong turn on Monday.

Multiple reports from the team’s workout note that Gardner-Johnson was carted off the field during practice. Gardner-Johnson suffered a right leg injury and Tim Twentyman of the team’s website reports that Gardner-Johnson was "visibly upset” while taking the ride.

Gardner-Johnson signed a one-year deal with the Lions this offseason after helping the Eagles to the Super Bowl during the 2022 campaign. He was expected to be the team’s top nickel back this season.

The Lions also signed cornerbacks Emmanuel Moseley and Cam Sutton as free agents, although Moseley is currently on the PUP list after tearing his ACL while playing for the 49ers last season.

6 hours ago, Procus said:

Speaking of CJ Gardner-Johnson

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/c-j-gardner-johnson-carted-off-at-lions-practice-with-leg-injury

C.J. Gardner-Johnson carted off at Lions practice with leg injury

By:  Josh Alper  
Published July 24, 2023 10:20 AM

Defensive back C.J. Gardner-Johnson’s first Lions training camp took a wrong turn on Monday.

Multiple reports from the team’s workout note that Gardner-Johnson was carted off the field during practice. Gardner-Johnson suffered a right leg injury and Tim Twentyman of the team’s website reports that Gardner-Johnson was "visibly upset” while taking the ride.

Gardner-Johnson signed a one-year deal with the Lions this offseason after helping the Eagles to the Super Bowl during the 2022 campaign. He was expected to be the team’s top nickel back this season.

The Lions also signed cornerbacks Emmanuel Moseley and Cam Sutton as free agents, although Moseley is currently on the PUP list after tearing his ACL while playing for the 49ers last season.

Guess he should have spent more time in his off season conditioning, instead of running his big mouth,

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Guess he should have spent more time in his off season conditioning, instead of running his big mouth,

tony-stark-iron-man.gif

• Like 1

When we acquired CJGJ, it was no secret that he was a "talker." He was pretty happy here until he wasn't offered a contract that met his expectation. The Eagles were pretty happy with him and wanted to keep him here and actually worked hard to do that at a price that would allow the team to make other key signings and extensions. In the end, both sides failed to keep a good thing going, he moved on and his mouth kept doing its thing. No love lost once he trashed the fans. 

Hopefully the cart was a precaution and he'll be alright. It was a non-contact injury, so I doubt it had anything to do with "conditioning." It's just a fluke thing that can happen to any player at any time. I don't believe in karma and even if I did, fail to see anything he did as "terrible." He made some big plays for us last season and had a couple big hits in the Super Bowl. He showed up for us and played his heart out. I don't think he was worth as much as he thinks he is, but he was here on an expiring contract and did his job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Are you sure that isn't Matt Collins?  They look a lot alike.

On 7/27/2023 at 4:52 PM, NOTW said:

@brkmsn spotted on vacation in Italy :P (all love brother B-))

You can see that @EazyEaglez was there too. Just look at the hate in his glare. Everybody else is looking the other way, but he's obsessed --- obsessed I tell ya!

EazyE.jpg

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

He's just following in Jordan Matthews and JJAWs footsteps and preparing for the inevitable conversion to TE. 

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

You can see that @EazyEaglez was there too. Just look at the hate in his glare. Everybody else is looking the other way, but he's obsessed --- obsessed I tell ya!

EazyE.jpg

Let’s be clear. I only HATE Chip Kelly. I don’t hate JJAW. It’s not his fault Howie picked him, nor is it his fault you constantly overhype mediocre to bad players. 😂🤣😂