Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Trent Cole and him both share the fact that neither of them are in the league right now. 😂🤣😂 I don’t even care what this guy shoots, and clearly the true point of my post went way over your head bud. Ja Morant also likes to play with guns. He also has a lot of money. Does he get it too? 

Trent Cole (as well as other NFL players that hunt) did that while he was (they were) a player. Here's a tweet from Cole before a game:

As for Ja Morant, his video showed him actually breaking the law. Are you aware of regulations involving firearms in vehicles on public roads? There's a reason why he is being suspended ... again. Neither the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, nor any other professional sports are going to punish a player for hunting or fishing legally. 

Your point didn't go over my head. Your point is absurd. No team is going to shy away from Wentz if they think he can help them as a player just because he hunts. Likewise, no team will shy away from him because Gruden is helping him work on his game. The fact that he is working with Gruden will be viewed as a positive because Gruden is still considered a highly respected offensive mind regardless of what anybody thinks of him as a person. It shows that Wentz is indeed working on becoming a better QB.

You hate Wentz and are simply looking for new things to use to gripe about the guy. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

:roll:

We get it. You hate pale-skinned, red heads. 

91276.jpg

Gonna be honest anyone that goes out and shoots Bears, unless that Bear is literally trying to eat them or a family member in their own front yard, is an asshat, I don't much care whether they played for us or not. If you wouldn't pose for a picture with it when it was alive, spare me photo's of grinning over it's corpse, like shooting it from 20 yards away with a bow, when it wasn't bothered you were there was somehow noble sport, you wrestle that thing to death and maybe I'd consider that impressive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Gonna be honest anyone that goes out and shoots Bears, unless that Bear is literally trying to eat them or a family member in their own front yard, is an asshat, I don't much care whether they played for us or not. If you wouldn't pose for a picture with it when it was alive, spare me photo's of grinning over it's corpse, like shooting it from 20 yards away with a bow, when it wasn't bothered you were there was somehow noble sport, you wrestle that thing to death and maybe I'd consider that impressive.

You do you. There are enough people in the world telling others what they think is okay and what isn't. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 9:41 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

There's more to it than just 'sport' hunting. Hunting is used as a tool to control wildlife populations, decrease some while helping increase others and is apparently mandated in Alaska's constiution. 

Alaska’s constitution requires that Alaska’s resources, including its fish and wildlife, be managed for the maximum benefit of Alaskans. It also requires that its wildlife be managed on a sustained yield basis subject to preferences amongst beneficial uses. These constitutional requirements, further amplified by the Alaska State Legislature, create the basic framework for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) and the Alaska Boards of Game and Fisheries to manage Alaska’s bountiful fish and wildlife.

These mandates can create potential user conflicts, such as those created where predators are temporarily manipulated to benefit prey species important to Alaskans for food. Under direction from the Alaska State Legislature, ADF&G and the Alaska Board of Game (Board) have recently embarked on several programs to increase low moose and caribou populations by temporarily manipulating wolf and bear numbers.

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/research/programs/intensivemanagement/pdfs/predator_booklet.pdf

Posing for the picture, as a high profile figure, can be debated as to whether or not that's a wise thing to do. But I have absolutely no issue with the hunting aspect. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There's more to it than just 'sport' hunting. Hunting is used as a tool to control wildlife populations, decrease some while helping increase others and is apparently mandated in Alaska's constiution.

The population control argument is the weakest one, it's a natural balance, if there's more prey animals the bear pop goes up until it is at a number the prey population can no longer support, it may yo yo for a while but eventually it settles.

The only reason you have a surplus of hangry bears and need to cull is if you've 'population controlled' too many of their prey animals.

• Like 1

You know it is the offseason when arguments brew over hunting bear in Alaska.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The population control argument is the weakest one, it's a natural balance, if there's more prey animals the bear pop goes up until it is at a number the prey population can no longer support, it may yo yo for a while but eventually it settles.

The only reason you have a surplus of hangry bears and need to cull is if you've 'population controlled' too many of their prey animals.

You know bears are omnivores, right?

Diet

Black bears are omnivorous, meaning they eat both plants and animals. They rely heavily on their sense of smell for finding food; it is thought that they can smell a food source from over two miles away. Most of their diet consists of berries, fruit, sedges, and insects. They will also occasionally consume fish, honeycomb, and human food and garbage, so it is important to make sure to keep your items locked up with bear-proof equipment! In the spring, black bears may prey on young elk and deer. They even occasionally hijack carcasses of these animals that were killed by another predator such as a mountain lion.

Predators

Black bears may become prey to mountain lions (Puma concolor), wolves (Canis lupus), coyotes (Canis latrans), bobcats (Lynx rufus), grizzly bears, humans, or other black bears. Cubs are especially vulnerable to predation by these other animals.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

You know bears are omnivores, right?

Diet

Black bears are omnivorous, meaning they eat both plants and animals. They rely heavily on their sense of smell for finding food; it is thought that they can smell a food source from over two miles away. Most of their diet consists of berries, fruit, sedges, and insects. They will also occasionally consume fish, honeycomb, and human food and garbage, so it is important to make sure to keep your items locked up with bear-proof equipment! In the spring, black bears may prey on young elk and deer. They even occasionally hijack carcasses of these animals that were killed by another predator such as a mountain lion.

Predators

Black bears may become prey to mountain lions (Puma concolor), wolves (Canis lupus), coyotes (Canis latrans), bobcats (Lynx rufus), grizzly bears, humans, or other black bears. Cubs are especially vulnerable to predation by these other animals.

I'm not sure how that undermines my overall point which is that nature would balance population without human intervention, and most human bear conflict is because humans insist on ever expanding into animal habitat, removing prey / food, rather than any sort of organic overpopulation of bears.

9 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm not sure how that undermines my overall point which is that nature would balance population without human intervention, and most human bear conflict is because humans insist on ever expanding into animal habitat, removing prey / food, rather than any sort of organic overpopulation of bears.

First of all, the whole earth is man's habitat. Whether you believe in creation or evolution, man wasn't designed or didn't evolve to live in cities with millions of people and be separated from nature and wildlife. Second, it somewhat undermines your point because you assume bears mostly hunt and eat other animals, when they actually mostly forage. I agree that nature does have a way of balancing things out, but only after extremes. When an animal population gets too large, they tend to spread disease like crazy.

Fish and game management has been around in the US for about 150 years. It's important to properly manage any resource and that includes wildlife. You seem to be arguing that it's totally unnecessary as everything will work itself out. I hate to break it to you but many animal species have gone extinct without human interference. It doesn't always "work" to let nature run its course if the goal is to preserve or maintain balance. 

I remember one year as a kid when the rabbit population in my area had risen out of control. I have never seen so many stupid animals. Their behavior was totally abnormal and an abnormally large percentage of them were sick. It wasn't like this:

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-attack.g

... but imagine if that scenario played out with large, powerful animals. Right now, once a single bear, cougar, wolf, etc... becomes unpredictable it will usually get taken down. It's cool that you think animals own nature and man is trespassing, but in reality, that's just a disney-style fairytale. Hunting (and fishing) is regulated with everybody's best interests in mind. While people like yourself may find hunting objectional, legal hunting is not a problem. Poaching is where the real issues lie, because those animals are usually harvested in unsustainable amounts and often just for some "animal part" that has a high black-market value while the rest is just wasted. 

On 6/29/2023 at 6:09 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

hangry bears, love it

There was a bear in the parking lot at work, I didn't see it. Just glad to know that there are no grizzlies in PA.

On 6/26/2023 at 8:11 AM, brkmsn said:

No team is going to shy away from Wentz 

What team does Carson Wentz play for?  What’s truly absurd is that you fail to realize that bad press for a bad football player isn’t a good thing for that player. 

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What team does Carson Wentz play for?  What’s truly absurd is that you fail to realize that bad press for a bad football player isn’t a good thing for that player. 

First of all, it's only "bad press" if that's what you want it to be. Working with a bright football mind to improve your game is a positive in anybody's book. If hunting isn't your thing, great. Don't hunt. Wentz is free to do as he likes within the laws and regulations. Some players cuss / swear. Some people don't care for that just like some people don't care for hunting. You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. In the end, nobody cares about trivial things that are a personal preference as long as a player can help his team. 

Second, what team does Hopkins play for? What team does Cook play for? Most teams aren't doing much for the next month or so. 

The horror!

58883096_2138690676178678_51515525240874

fletcher-cox.jpg

harvested_cox02.jpg

lane-johnson-and-gardner-minshew-480x350

CmJNWV0WEAA3iWv.jpg

freddie-mitchell-.jpg

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

freddie-mitchell-.jpg

I wonder... did he thank his hands for the catch?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, brkmsn said:

First of all, it's only "bad press" if that's what you want it to be. Working with a bright football mind to improve your game is a positive in anybody's book. If hunting isn't your thing, great. Don't hunt. Wentz is free to do as he likes within the laws and regulations. Some players cuss / swear. Some people don't care for that just like some people don't care for hunting. You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. In the end, nobody cares about trivial things that are a personal preference as long as a player can help his team. 

Second, what team does Hopkins play for? What team does Cook play for? Most teams aren't doing much for the next month or so. 

The horror!

58883096_2138690676178678_51515525240874

fletcher-cox.jpg

harvested_cox02.jpg

lane-johnson-and-gardner-minshew-480x350

CmJNWV0WEAA3iWv.jpg

freddie-mitchell-.jpg

Hopkins got released after the FA push basically. Wentz was released in February. He lost his job to a 4th round pick. You can assume all you like that this isn’t an issue and even assume more that the NFL is Madden and they can simply plug in and play a quarterback within a month of training camp all you like. The reality is there’s no NFL team brining this guy in to be their starter unless someone gets hurt and that’s still a maybe at best. The hunting side of things isn’t that important, but Wentz hunting and blowing up a picture up it instead of I don’t know posting a few videos of him practicing his craft is not helping his career. Just like the picture you posted of Freddie Mitchell catching fish helped his. But hey I’m glad that you’re glad he killed the bear. I’m sure that will help him stop throwing passes to his opponents in crunch time as often as he seems to do. 

Finally the point isn’t THAT he posted a picture of him hunting. The problem is WHEN he posted it. Are you one of those people who posts on social media that they’re on vacation while they’re on vacation so criminals can know when you aren’t home too? Get a job first and post away all of the hunting picks you want. 

49 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hopkins got released after the FA push basically. Wentz was released in February. He lost his job to a 4th round pick. You can assume all you like that this isn’t an issue and even assume more that the NFL is Madden and they can simply plug in and play a quarterback within a month of training camp all you like. The reality is there’s no NFL team brining this guy in to be their starter unless someone gets hurt and that’s still a maybe at best. The hunting side of things isn’t that important, but Wentz hunting and blowing up a picture up it instead of I don’t know posting a few videos of him practicing his craft is not helping his career. Just like the picture you posted of Freddie Mitchell catching fish helped his. But hey I’m glad that you’re glad he killed the bear. I’m sure that will help him stop throwing passes to his opponents in crunch time as often as he seems to do. 

Nobody is claiming that Wentz is being currently considered for a starting job. Once you've bounced around the league like he has, you are basically viewed as a journeyman. At this point in Wentz' career, he's going to go from being viewed as a starter to being viewed as a backup. Wentz realizes this and has said as much. Still, his camp and various teams that would consider signing him need to agree on a number. The number for a backup QB can vary greatly. We signed Chase Daniel signed a 3 year, $21M contract with the Eagles to be a backup in 2016. Before 2017, we signed a similar (cost) deal with Foles. In 2019, the Eagles picked up the $20M option on Foles to remain as the backup, which Foles voided to become a FA and latch on with a team looking for a starter. I've said it before --- I believe Wentz' camp is looking for something in the $8-10M range and teams see him as more of a 1-year, $3-4M guy. With so much time left before TC and all that, there is no reason for Wentz to take the first (usually low) offer. The same thing applies to Hopkins and Cook. There is a lot of time before anybody has to make a decision. Some vets like to wait it out until injuries play a role and more opportunities are available. Some teams like to wait because they want to first get a good, long look at some developmental guy they currently have (that would certainly be cheaper). 

As for the bear, I couldn't care less about it. I eat animals all the time and don't have to be hypocritical about it. If I see a fly, roach, mosquito, ant, wasp,  etc... I'll stomp it or swat it without a second thought. 

Please list all the professional athletes you know that had zero hobbies and dedicated 100% of their time toward becoming a better player. Even our current hero, Jalen Hurts, has found time to act, conduct personal business, date, work with charities, hang out with friends, spend time with family, and much more. 

BTW, Freddy Mitchell, as you can tell by the picture, is pretty old there, but he's still enjoying life and that probably does help his current career.

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Nobody is claiming that Wentz is being currently considered for a starting job. 

As for the bear, I couldn't care less about it. I eat animals all the time and don't have to be hypocritical about it. If I see a fly, roach, mosquito, ant, wasp,  etc... I'll stomp it or swat it without a second thought. 

No one is considering Wentz as a starter or backup otherwise he’d be signed. For the record I don’t care about his hunting anymore than you do, but there are plenty of people around the U.S. who do, and frankly Carson Wentz isn’t good enough for any team to deal with that. Vick got a job after the dog fighting stuff, because he was still good! This is just a bit more negative press for the player that most of you Wentz worshipers downplay, dismiss, and ignore and have been for years now. If the guy were good he wouldn’t be looking for his fourth team in four years. I get it though. When you get on your defend the guy mound you defend the guy despite the reality of the situation. Wentz is just funny, because you went from trashing him, for the sake of that bum JJAW, to now defending him when at this point in his career is basically over. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No one is considering Wentz as a starter or backup otherwise he’d be signed.

LOL. I know it's just too hard for you to accept , but if you asked most NFL analysts to rank the top 50 QBs currently in the NFL (including free agents), most would have Wentz somewhere in the 30s right now. That is exactly why he will be on a team this season. He's still better than most backups, has 92 career starts and even though his QB style may not be for everybody, he has shown the ability to grasp and retain concepts quickly which makes him a low-risk late addition to a team that might need him to fill in early (in the case of an injured starter). It's hilarious that you think teams don't even view him as a backup. I'll say this again as well. Once a team gets Wentz for a number that they like, he will have a new team. That is the only reason he is still available. 

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

For the record I don’t care about his hunting anymore than you do, but there are plenty of people around the U.S. who do, and frankly Carson Wentz isn’t good enough for any team to deal with that. Vick got a job after the dog fighting stuff, because he was still good! 

LOL again. There are much worse things teams are in fact dealing with with lesser players. Nobody cares that he hunts. It isn't the issue you think it is. Until I posted all that stuff earlier did you even know that Cox, Johnson, and Gardner enjoyed hunting as well? There are a large number of outdoors enthusiasts in professional sports. Outside of a handful of hypocritical tweets during a slow part of the year, it just never makes the news --- because it isn't relevant. 

Vick, BTW was (always) super talented, but was terrible when the Eagles first brought him in. He worked hard for a year to deserve another opportunity (which he did get), but was horrendous that 1st season with us. He was so rusty, he only appeared for gimmick duty. When we brought in Vick, we had McNabb as the clear franchise QB. We had Vick on a short leash at a very cheap price --- which is why he did virtually nothing for a year. 

Wentz, on the other hand isn't rusty. He simply hasn't been successful as of late. No QB is too old to keep learning, maturing, and improving. But a player's past will determine his current worth. 

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz is just funny, because you went from trashing him, for the sake of that bum JJAW, to now defending him when at this point in his career is basically over. 

I'd love to see those posts where I supposedly "trashed him." I said that Wentz didn't seem to have confidence in JJAW and chose not to target him very often. The only other related criticism was that Wentz, for 3 straight seasons increased his target percentage to the TEs to the point where it was an unhealthy percentage, IMO. If that's your idea of "trashing" then you've never watched a football game with Eagles fans in your life. 

Fishing, hunting, and Chicken McNuggets all require dead animals.

I dare you to look up the insane carnage of chickens that die in America every day. Its in the millions.

Instead just eat your rotisserie chicken and stop crying about a bear.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, SkippyX said:

Fishing, hunting, and Chicken McNuggets all require dead animals.

I dare you to look up the insane carnage of chickens that die in America every day. Its in the millions.

Instead just eat your rotisserie chicken and stop crying about a bear.

Yeah if it wasn't for Chicken McNuggets the great plains of the midwest would resonate to the sound of herds of wild chickens sweeping majestically across them.

If Carson Wentz wants to take up bear farming I'm all for that.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Yeah if it wasn't for Chicken McNuggets the great plains of the midwest would resonate to the sound of herds of wild chickens sweeping majestically across them.

... and I'm all for Fish and Game management monitoring animal population and well-being and enacting regulations to preserve them and still allow Americans to hunt and fish within those rules. 

16 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Bears live their life as predators and scavengers and when man decides to be the alpha predator to them they die. Its nature.

Millions of chickens in cages is not better or more humane or feel good compared to a hunted bear.

I eat lots of the end results of chicken misery but I'm not some whine about hunting hypocrite.

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Bears live their life as predators and scavengers and when man decides to be the alpha predator to them they die. Its nature.

Millions of chickens in cages is not better or more humane or feel good compared to a hunted bear.

I eat lots of the end results of chicken misery but I'm not some whine about hunting hypocrite.

The Chickens exist because of intensive farming and breeding programmes, if the wild chicken had been left to it's own devices the population would've been all but wiped out by habitat loss and hunting, they exist because they're domesticated they are born to be food. 

Hey you want to fish or hunt to eat? Have at it, but nobody is hunting bears to eat, especially during Salmon spawning, so the bear was shot for a trophy, and you can post pictures of other Eagles players doing it from now until freaking doomsday and I'll still think they're a-holes for trophy hunting.

Fly fishing to grill some food on a weekend camp is not the same as shooting a bear with a compound bow as it craps on the edge of a wood so you can stick it's head on your mancave wall like you're the primeval mighty hunter, as I've said previously, kill one with your bare hands in one to one combat, that's worth a trophy.

The Chickens exist because of intensive farming and breeding programmes, if the wild chicken had been left to it's own devices the population would've been all but wiped out by habitat loss and hunting, they exist because they're domesticated they are born to be food. 

Hey you want to fish or hunt to eat? Have at it, but nobody is hunting bears to eat, especially during Salmon spawning, so the bear was shot for a trophy, and you can post pictures of other Eagles players doing it from now until freaking doomsday and I'll still think they're a-holes for trophy hunting.

Fly fishing to grill some food on a weekend camp is not the same as shooting a bear with a compound bow as it craps on the edge of a wood so you can stick it's head on your mancave wall like you're the primeval mighty hunter, as I've said previously, kill one with your bare hands in one to one combat, that's worth a trophy.

The only one I know that did that and survived (barely) is Hugh Glass.  :lol:

That's your own personal conviction. So if you decide to kill a bear, make sure to use your bare hands. 

If you for some reason ever get stranded in "the wild," I hope all the predators that may come across you believe in your fair fight initiative.