Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

It'll be interesting to see how many people show up for the home opener. It would be great if its only 1/3 full or less. Wishful thinking I know. 

On 10/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, LacesOut said:

Welp, we have the Sixers and Eagles, so that's good!

And phillies 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Reminder.  There’s also a Hockey team in Philly.  No seriously, that’s what they’re calling it.  Anyway, have they named the captains? 

Gritty

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Reminder.  There’s also a Hockey team in Philly.  No seriously, that’s what they’re calling it.  Anyway, have they named the captains? 

Gritty, The Zamboni Driver, and Vince the Beer slinger in section 112

So are we going to be the worst team in the league this year? Is that what I should be preparing for? Or is there some realistic chance we could be average-ish?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

So are we going to be the worst team in the league this year? Is that what I should be preparing for? Or is there some realistic chance we could be average-ish?

If they remain injury free, they won’t be a bottom team. That said, it seems extremely unlikely that’ll be the case. Couturier is recovering from a new back injury on top of the surgery he already had on his back which knocked him out last year. Atkinson and Risto are also out with a mysterious injury. 

Their absolute ceiling is a fringe playoff team, floor is the 3rd or 4th worst team in the NHL. My guess is they fall somewhere between the 4th-8th worst record. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Get ready for 82 games of pure, unrelenting PAIN.

I really hate to say it, but I honestly find myself hoping this team finishes dead last, because its the only chance that I see pushing us toward the only remedy: new ownership.

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

This team hands out 7-8 year deals like they're Halloween candy.

Seems it doesn’t matter who the GM.  We never seem to learn how these things end.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 9:17 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Going undefeated :flex:

:flex:

• 2 weeks later...

Coots is gonna be out 3-4 months due to another back surgery. Man, that 8 year contract is gonna be ugly. I wonder if they will "Pronger" him and put him in the front office so he doesn't get paid for doing nothing. Fletcher will go down as the worst GM in Philly history, and yes that includes Klentak. How he still has a job is baffling.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, greenskeeper said:

Win or lose... Comcast still SUCKS !

All.gif.3c0c71415fb25ca2b06ce1682019fb7f.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for bumping this. Had to be done though, yes??

Back to back losses against the 2 worst teams in the East. 

At least there hasn’t been a 10 game losing streak. Yet.