Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Going well for briere the first week as interim. His son is a dbag 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not the worst thing in the world I’ve see a college kid do, but yeah, not a good look, especially for a high profile player like himself. Do better.

13 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This just makes me wonder

a)  How did the wheelchair get there in the first place?  That area is definitely not wheelchair-accessible

b)  I gather someone else simply put the chair back into its spot when they saw it at the bottom?  

The behavior is definitely lacking conscience, but at least the chair wasn't occupied

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

This just makes me wonder

a)  How did the wheelchair get there in the first place?  That area is definitely not wheelchair-accessible

b)  I gather someone else simply put the chair back into its spot when they saw it at the bottom?  

The behavior is definitely lacking conscience, but at least the chair wasn't occupied

I read somewhere the bathrooms are located downstairs so she left it there and was helped down the stairs to go to the bathroom 

The kid was also dismissed from AZ St. imagine how much of a dbag you have to be for that to happen. 

• Like 1

The only way things could get lower for the Flyers would be to hire Hextall back as GM.

• 2 weeks later...

99% chance they end the season with the 7th spot in the draft lottery. Of all the years to tank and rebuild with generational talent in the top 5 of the draft, the Flyers really Fed themselves over (as expected).

The annual late season worthless 8 game point streak Fed us. I never envisioned us getting Bedard but to knock themselves out of the top 5 is so Fing frustrating. And it's gonna be worse when we end up dropping to like 9 and whoever has 5 gets #1 overall.

On a positive note, Tippett looks good. Hart somehow ended the season above .900 on this abortion of a team. Compare that with Seattle's two goalies who both ended under .900 and are going to the playoffs 

On 4/11/2023 at 5:55 AM, Blazehound said:

99% chance they end the season with the 7th spot in the draft lottery. Of all the years to tank and rebuild with generational talent in the top 5 of the draft, the Flyers really Fed themselves over (as expected).

Still have to know who to pick.  They had 2nd overall in 2017 and drafted Nolan Patrick, who is now an out-of-the-league scrub.  Meanwhile, the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th overall picks in that draft have all been NHL All-Stars already.  Even on a bad Canucks team 5th overall pick Elias Pettersson has put up 101 points this season -- how good would that look on a Flyers team void of offense?

It's so sickening the Devils took Hischier first overall and he's helping them finish 3rd in overall league standings.

2 hours ago, vsptroops said:

If anyone cares, Pittsburgh fired Hextall today. 

Wow, I don't even follow closely enough anymore to realize the Pens had the idiot Brian Burke overseeing the idiotic Ron Hextall.  No wonder they missed the playoffs for the first time in 16 years.  Only those two could fail to qualify for the postseason with Crosby and Malkin healthy all season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Wow, I don't even follow closely enough anymore to realize the Pens had the idiot Brian Burke overseeing the idiotic Ron Hextall.  No wonder they missed the playoffs for the first time in 16 years.  Only those two could fail to qualify for the postseason with Crosby and Malkin healthy all season.

Yeah Pens fans were wanting to get rid of him for at least the past year. He just doesn't know how to build a roster, as we all saw with the Flyers. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here. 

41 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yeah Pens fans were wanting to get rid of him for at least the past year. He just doesn't know how to build a roster, as we all saw with the Flyers. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here. 

If you look through his draft history from 2014-2018 it’s downright depressing.  Nothing of consequence at all outside the first round picks, other than Carter Hart in the second round.  Hard to give Hextall props for that pick because the two guys the Flyers drafted before Hart in that draft were complete busts.  His Nolan Patrick selection might go down as one of the worst picks in NHL history, especially considering the talent that went off the board immediately afterward.

As bad as Hextall’s drafting was, his trades were somehow worse.  The guy simply has no managerial acumen and no eye for talent at all.  Almost staggering to recognize Chuck Fletcher did an even worse job.

Flyers need a complete rebuild, tear down the management structure and hire in executives and managers from successful organizations.  I wish Daniel Briere luck, but he’s gonna need a lot of help. 

I love watching the cup playoffs. Watching teams with speed and skill. It also makes me depressed thinking about how far away the Flyers are talent wise from these teams. It seems like light years difference. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TV Guy said:

But the Bruins though...🤣

So at least there is that. What a historic choke job. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving fan base. 

I’m rooting for an all southeast ECF and an all expansion WCF at this point. 

• Like 2

What a shame about the Bruins AND Rangers. LOL

I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a Hockey crush on the NJ Devils.

52 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I refuse to accept that. Too many painful Flyers playoff losses for that. The only time I'll root for the Devils is if they're playing the Rangers. And even then, I might not.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, vsptroops said:

I love watching the cup playoffs. Watching teams with speed and skill. It also makes me depressed thinking about how far away the Flyers are talent wise from these teams. It seems like light years difference. 

It seems like that because it is like that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LacesOut said:

What a shame about the Bruins AND Rangers. LOL

Not me. The fact that the Devils played that garbage neutral zone trap and the Scott Stevens hit brings back too many painful memories. Then add in that the Devils beat the Flyers in that strike shortened 94-95 season where Lindros won his only MVP. Nah, I hope they get swept and embarrassed against Rod Brind'amour and Carolina.

• Like 1