Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

I've been saying that if everything broke right, the Flyers could be cup contenders by 2030. Now? Holy ish, they aren't sniffing contender status now until late 2030's and that's assuming over the next couple of years people literally stop going to games and Comcast eventually decides to sell to a real owner who cares about this franchise. Dark times indeed.

:censored: This front office and management team. 

• Like 2

Apparently Fletcher's quote was "we never received a firm offer for JVR; one team was interested, but it was contingent on them getting another deal done which never happened"

Maybe someone should let Fletcher know the smartphone thing he carries around .... it can be used to DIAL OUT as well.

Holmgren  >>>>> Hextall and, hard as it is to believe .... Hextall >>>>> Fletcher

Those heartless Comcast **** -- there is a homeless person somewhere tonight whose life could be changed by giving them a high-paying GM job, and they'd be much better at the job than Fletcher.

I can’t believe how quickly I went from a rabid Flyers fan to not giving one iota of ish about this team. 

I hate it. The one GD thing I had to look forward to, but I can’t because of Bobby Fn Clark. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Pathetic attempt at booing, lol

I doubt there were many people there. 

• Haha 1

Glad to see the masses are finally seeing the writing on the wall and coming around to the woes of Comcast management...

On 5/2/2021 at 9:14 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

#selltheteam

On 7/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

#selltheteam

On 12/6/2021 at 8:45 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

#selltheteam

On 1/7/2022 at 12:36 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

#selltheteam

On 2/9/2022 at 10:24 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Back to their losing ways.

Good.

#selltheteam

On 3/17/2022 at 10:37 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm at least glad the won this one for G. Now, back to the losing, please.

#selltheteam

On 4/29/2022 at 10:41 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Good, now...

#SELLTHETEAM

On 5/10/2022 at 11:19 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

6 seasons ago was coincidentally right after Snider passed and his remaining shares were sold to these corporate Fwads. The only solution is to #selltheteam.

On 5/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

#selltheteam

On 6/9/2022 at 12:41 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Still no coach. Surprise, surprise: No one wants to work for corporate scum.

#selltheteam

On 7/13/2022 at 7:25 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

#selltheteam

On 9/8/2022 at 9:54 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Tortorella's schtick is beyond tired at this point. This feels like the official beginning of his downfall in Philly. Even if it's true, these tactics (calling out the players' leadership publicly to the media) won't work with this team in this day and age. The truth is, though, that don't blame him; I blame the monumentally inept ownership and management for thinking that this washed-up re-tread was the answer for rebuilding a storied franchise with severe, deep-seated deficiencies in talent and coaching acumen, and the reason they hired him is because no one of any high stature wanted anything to do with this joke of an organization run by corporate Fwads.

#selltheteam

On 9/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Ellis done for the season.

#selltheteam

On 12/4/2022 at 9:23 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Hate to say it, but this is Ed Snider's fault. This is the expected result when you sell a storied sports franchise to corporate numbskulls like Comcast. This team is dead to me.

#selltheteam

#selltheteam

Was at the game (tickets were free). It’s amazing how much difference the little things are between us and Tampa, even though the Bolts were playing like garbage (going into the game they had a five game L streak).

No ability to control the puck or make passes at all. No ability to move it up the ice. The possession breakdowns were showing how much the Lightning TOP was in the offensive zone, but most of the Flyers TOP was in the defensive zone. 

Also Provy is not at all a top pair guy. Played like crap. TDA has a Seeler skillset (depth player) but is paid like a high end second pairing guy, but the icing on the cake is that he’s an idiot. 

I didn’t even wear a flyers shirt. Going to games down here before usually it was a sea of orange but we just dotted the stands like it was a usual game here.

Also kills me that the Bolts talent is wasted on such a milquetoast fan base. 

Edit: where I was sitting I didn’t see that TDA gave Perry the business. What a Fn bum. 

Step in the Right Directions! Celebrating at least one thing gone right!

• Like 1

The good news? Fletcher has been fired. The bad news? Comcrap still owns the team. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

The good news? Fletcher has been fired. The bad news? Comcrap still owns the team. 

Yup. they allowed fletcher to do the trade deadline and he botched it. Then letting him go to a season ticket event where he was forced to talk and got booed. then a week later they finally fired him. Fletcher should’ve been fired after last year. Instead they they let him ruin the team more with bad moves this past offseason and F up the trade deadline 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup. they allowed fletcher to do the trade deadline and he botched it. Then letting him go to a season ticket event where he was forced to talk and got booed. then a week later they finally fired him. Fletcher should’ve been fired after last year. Instead they they let him ruin the team more with bad moves this past offseason and F up the trade deadline 

Yep, they fire him after last year, I seriously doubt whoever the new GM was would have given Sanheim that stupid ass 8 year contract. That Coots extension was unnecessary as well. Dude had a lot of mileage on him so offload him for assets at the trade deadline and move on. Nah, sign him to an 8 year extension and oh look, he has back problems. What an epic failure as a GM. Easily top 3 of all time horrific Philly GM's. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 5:46 PM, devpool said:

Think I'm done with the team until fletcher is gone. This is ridiculous

Today is your day.  Welcome back. 

4 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yep, they fire him after last year, I seriously doubt whoever the new GM was would have given Sanheim that stupid ass 8 year contract. That Coots extension was unnecessary as well. Dude had a lot of mileage on him so offload him for assets at the trade deadline and move on. Nah, sign him to an 8 year extension and oh look, he has back problems. What an epic failure as a GM. Easily top 3 of all time horrific Philly GM's. 

Yup. I feel bad for whoever takes over the GM. Briere is the interim so who knows if it is him fully. But whoever takes over has to figure a way to offload guys like coots, hayes and some others whose contracts are a hinderance and long term really shouldn’t be part of a rebuild. I think hayes can be dealt but i think some contracts like colts and sanheim that you are going to be stuck with due to poor play and coots cause of the injuries 

Here's hoping this is a clean house.

• Like 1

I haven't watched a Flyers game in like 15 years, but I can't help but laugh at the fact that they waited until after the trade deadline to fire their terrible GM who should have been fired a year ago only to hire a former player to replace him.

This has been going on for like 30 years....

They're the Knicks of the NHL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

I haven't watched a Flyers game in like 15 years, but I can't help but laugh at the fact that they waited until after the trade deadline to fire their terrible GM who should have been fired a year ago only to hire a former player to replace him.

This has been going on for like 30 years....

They're the Knicks of the NHL.

I mean, to be fair, Briere’s title is interim. He has not been officially named GM. I will reserve judgment on this reorganization until the end of the process. 

5 hours ago, Captain F said:

Today is your day.  Welcome back. 

I like to think I was the straw that broke the camel's back

• Haha 1