Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

If the Flyers had any brains whatsoever they would be unloading veterans for draft picks and prospects, and tanking the remainder of the season. Need a full reset. 

But will they do that? Nope. They hold onto the misguided notion they’re only 8-10 points out of the last wild card spot. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re buyers at the deadline. 

45 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

If the Flyers had any brains whatsoever they would be unloading veterans for draft picks and prospects, and tanking the remainder of the season. Need a full reset. 

But will they do that? Nope. They hold onto the misguided notion they’re only 8-10 points out of the last wild card spot. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re buyers at the deadline. 

While I agree, Comcast won't let them do that. They take the fans for fools who will buy anything they say hook, line, and sinker. Why anyone goes to see them play blows my mind. I've been saying that they won't be cup contenders until at least 2030, and that's assuming the good ole boys including Chuck are gone. If they are still there? Oh boy..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vsptroops said:

While I agree, Comcast won't let them do that. They take the fans for fools who will buy anything they say hook, line, and sinker. Why anyone goes to see them play blows my mind. I've been saying that they won't be cup contenders until at least 2030, and that's assuming the good ole boys including Chuck are gone. If they are still there? Oh boy..

Game was in seattle, my gf is a kraken fan (she's from WA) and I love going to those games. So half to see the flyers and half because I like going down there anyway

13 minutes ago, devpool said:

Game was in seattle, my gf is a kraken fan (she's from WA) and I love going to those games. So half to see the flyers and half because I like going down there anyway

Yeah I get that. I'm more talking about Flyers fans going to the WFC. Until that place is only a quarter full, Comcrap won't even consider selling. That's what this team needs to start- an actual owner, not a corporation.

• Like 3

Lose by a TD.  And I have to hear from the HOMER announcers that the Flyers were "depleted”.

I actually was rooting for the Devils. I like that team a lot.

***NOTICE — I am a Hockey fan, not a Flyers fan***.

Tried watching the game against the Devils yesterday.  Yeah…that didn’t go well.  This team is still atrocious.

• Like 1

I hate the trend the last several years where they will string a few wins together (usually early in season) and you start thinking you’re going to see this young talent that Hextall supposedly put together (Hextall is now getting booed in Pittsburgh with fire him chants) then they go on a major losing streak the rest of the season.

i gave up watching, I’m not going to waste my time. So sad since Philly is such a hockey town and I really enjoy hockey.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Philly said:

I hate the trend the last several years where they will string a few wins together (usually early in season) and you start thinking you’re going to see this young talent that Hextall supposedly put together (Hextall is now getting booed in Pittsburgh with fire him chants) then they go on a major losing streak the rest of the season.

i gave up watching, I’m not going to waste my time. So sad since Philly is such a hockey town and I really enjoy hockey.

I’m pretty much in "abandon ship” mode myself.  The nights of setting time aside to watch the games is long gone.  If they happen to be on when I have nothing else to do, I may watch.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2023 at 5:15 PM, Mr_Philly said:

Some Pens fans are saying that Hextall is the worst GM in Pittsburgh history. I don't know enough about their GM history but man that's saying something. :lol: The only good thing he did here was to clear cap space that Holmgren screwed up with ridiculous contracts to overpaid bums like Andy Macdonald. Now, thanks to Fletcher, we have a new batch of awful contracts to over the hill, injury prone players. Good times.

• Like 1

The only games I watch are road games against opponents we don't see much, like those recent games in Seattle and Vancouver and Alberta.  I like to see the scenes from the city and what other crowds react to and how they react to various things.  Otherwise there's no reason for me to watch the Flyers.

4 hours ago, nipples said:

I’ve never been more apathetic to hockey in my life. 

I’m with you. Used to be my favorite Philadelphia sport to follow. They’re dead to me now. I don’t see that changing either for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

I’m with you. Used to be my favorite Philadelphia sport to follow. They’re dead to me now. I don’t see that changing either for the foreseeable future. 

Yep it’s sad. I can’t even watch anymore. I’ll turn a game on for a few minutes here and there… that’s enough for me. My stepsons’ high school hockey games are more entertaining to watch than that mess. 

• Like 2

Fletcher has done diddly-squat so far leading up to the trade deadline, which one could certainly take as good news considering the horrific trades he always makes. JVR needs to be gone, Hayes needs to be gone (he's 30), Braun needs to go ... all of these veteran players should be out the door for anything that can be brought back.  Laughton should be dealt as well; he's 28 and has never been a front-line player.  His value is only diminishing.

Bottom it out and rebuild.  The team is down in the bottom 6 anyway.  

• Like 2

Been awhile.  I just can't bring myself to watch or support this team right now.  The fact that we can't even tank right is an embarrassment. They waited WAY to long to finally start selling and now we're sitting here hoping for a deal when all the buyers got what they needed elsewhere.  But hey, at least we're the 5th most improved team.  Whatever the :censored: that means.

• Like 1

This should never happen in our house.  Never liked our coach anyway and I miss watching.  Heard it's not even on the TV!  So sad

Hockey.png

hey, anyone hear any updates on when philadelphia may get a hockey franchise ? 

• Like 1

I should be surprised, but some how I’m not.

In what was the busiest NHL trade deadline of all time, the Flyers walk away with just a 5th and 6th round pick for MacEwen and Brown. Meanwhile, JVR and Braun, both UFAs at season end, were not dealt due to shear incompetence from Fletcher. 

These are the darkest of times for Flyers fans.