Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

So I guess the Flyers really do suck as bad as everyone thought they would.

• Sad 1

On 11/12/2022 at 4:40 PM, LacesOut said:

At least there hasn’t been a 10 game losing streak. Yet.

Yeesh. Here is the 10 game losing streak, and it’s only November. LOLOLOL

• Haha 1

I guess, in their defense, they are playing without 4 of their top forwards. 

But still, teams usually "dumb luck” themselves into a win or 2 or 3 over a 10 game stretch.

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I guess, in their defense, they are playing without 4 of their top forwards. 

But still, teams usually "dumb luck” themselves into a win or 2 or 3 over a 10 game stretch.

Yep.  And right now, it looks like we’re having our typical 10-game December skid a month early.

Another Hextall draft pick:

"You look at Frosty, I still think he’s up and down like a toilet seat here, as far as you see him coming, then he dips, and then you see him coming,” he said. "Hopefully, it levels out and keeps going in the proper direction, because he’s supposed to be a skilled guy. You can see it’s there, but it’s still very inconsistent.”

Wow, is this team bad, I see very little if anything to build upon. It’s just a bad organization from the top to bottom, sad.

• Like 1

They'll still probably miss out on Bedard LMAO....so sad what has become of this proud franchise

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

They'll still probably miss out on Bedard LMAO....so sad what has become of this proud franchise

Agreed, it’s really sad especially since Philly is one of the best hockey towns in the country.

Hate to say it, but this is Ed Snider's fault. This is the expected result when you sell a storied sports franchise to corporate numbskulls like Comcast. This team is dead to me.

#selltheteam

• 3 weeks later...

Chuck Fletcher trades for Ryan Ellis, who has played 5 games in two years.  Trades for Atkinson, who is taking this entire season off with a neck injury — will probably never play again.

How is this guy still employed?  You could raffle off the GM job and end up with better 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Chuck Fletcher trades for Ryan Ellis, who has played 5 games in two years.  Trades for Atkinson, who is taking this entire season off with a neck injury — will probably never play again.

How is this guy still employed?  You could raffle off the GM job and end up with better 

Been saying for a while the beer guy in section 216 should give it a go

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, greenskeeper said:

Been saying for a while the beer guy in section 216 should give it a go

The only saving grace is none of the ex-Flyers have taken off since the trades, but if you'd asked me to package up Voracek, Nolan Patrick and Myers in a trade there should have been 1-2 decent players brought back in return.  Instead, all Fletcher did was spend more money for 30+ guys who can't even suit up.

You've either got to save money or get younger or build draft capital when dumping contracts.  The Flyers got older, poorer, and worse in both the short and long term. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta give credit where it’s due: they staged an incredible comeback on short time last night against San Jose on the road.  Even with a penalty against with 5.5 minutes left, they still tied it up and made short work of the Sharks in OT *in San Jose*, which hasn’t been a great place for them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Made the mistake of watching highlights of the Flyers' loss to WPG last night.  Horrible defensive plays in their own zone.  2-on-1 goal, Jets player circling around the Flyers' net to begin a tic-tac-toe passing play goal, and the winning goal was a Jets player from a bad angle walking to the net and scoring while 4 Flyers' players just stood there and watched.

It's a bad team with no light at the end of the tunnel.

This new girl they brought in for pre and post game is like the team, average

12 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

This new girl they brought in for pre and post game is like the team, average

Very mid

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Very mid

I guess they want someone that is not going to get banged by the players like the other one, although after a few drinks she is passable

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 12:23 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

I guess they want someone that is not going to get banged by the players like the other one, although after a few drinks she is passable

Taryn Hatcher got it from the players?

is there, like, video proof?

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Taryn Hatcher got it from the players?

is there, like, video proof?

I don't know if there is video proof but that is why she was removed from the flyers broadcasts

• 2 weeks later...