HBO Max

Gannan

14 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

And The Nevers took a different and interesting twist tonight as well.  A couple of good Sunday night shows to keep up with.

One episode behind, but am liking it.  Mare is in the queue...

• Like 2

I watched about 20 minutes of "The Nevers" and came to the conclusion that it was a boring chick show and gave up on it. Maybe I should give it another shot. 

I think I see where Mare of Easttown is headed

Spoiler

Billy knocked up Erin. Dylan was the killer the whole time. 

• Like 1

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah - they've done a really good job of making you think it's someone new each week.  Billy definitely is hiding SOMETHING.  I could see him being the father, and Dylan found out and tried to "scare" Erin but accidentally killed her instead and then dumped the body.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

I watched about 20 minutes of "The Nevers" and came to the conclusion that it was a boring chick show and gave up on it. Maybe I should give it another shot. 

I think of it more in the Fantasy genre and I'd liken it to Carnival Row and even The Alienist if you threw some Fantasy twists in that show.  True that the focus is on women since they are the ones most affected by the phenomenon.

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Reveal hidden contents

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah - they've done a really good job of making you think it's someone new each week.  Billy definitely is hiding SOMETHING.  I could see him being the father, and Dylan found out and tried to "scare" Erin but accidentally killed her instead and then dumped the body.  

You guys are both way off.  You'll see!!  

Spoiler

divine decadence darling

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Gannan said:

I heard it was bad, so decided to watch Greenland instead, which was a decent disaster type movie. 

yeah, I really appreciate modern takes on the zombie apocalypse/natural disaster apocalypse movies, and this one definitely scratched that itch. The

Amber alert notifications  informing certain families they have been selected, along with the wrist bands that scan them into the planes to relocate to the bunkers were cool ideas that you could see actually being implemented in one of these scenarios.

• Like 1

Started Mare yesterday and am all caught up as of tonight. Ready for these next two sundays! 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 10:56 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Scenery is great, cinematography and acting is good, plot is abysmal and so disjointed. 

I ended up watching - didn't hate it.  My biggest complaint was seeing Aiden Gillen and not being able to take him seriously as an assassin after watching him play Littlefinger for years :lol: 

13 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I ended up watching - didn't hate it.  My biggest complaint was seeing Aiden Gillen and not being able to take him seriously as an assassin after watching him play Littlefinger for years :lol: 

Maybe I expected too much out of it

Spoiler

Jolies character and story felt so pointless to me. Goes to a cabin, falls down cabin like 40 feet in the air and lands on her back completely fine, finds boy and takes him to cabin, decides to take boy to town, hold up lets just go back to the f'ing cabin we were already at. I thought the assassins would ditch Berenthal's character and just kill him after realizing he doesn't have the kid and start hunting down Jolie, but that only happens for like 5 minutes total of the film. Then Berenthal just dies anyway sitting there like a wuss. And Jolie gets struck by lightening at some point but pops back up totally fine. The villains had no backstory or any kind of development to them, and all I thought about was Littlefinger the whole time too. Unless I missed something there was bare minimum explanation of what the father had and why he was being killed at all, other than "he has information that will hurt us, kill him." I dunno, just felt disjointed. The beginning seemed like it was going to be an action thriller, then they pump the brakes in the middle and its just a wander through the woods movie, and then make it action again for the ending. I expected more out of a Sheridan movie. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe I expected too much out of it

Hide contents

Jolies character and story felt so pointless to me. Goes to a cabin, falls down cabin like 40 feet in the air and lands on her back completely fine, finds boy and takes him to cabin, decides to take boy to town, hold up lets just go back to the f'ing cabin we were already at. I thought the assassins would ditch Berenthal's character and just kill him after realizing he doesn't have the kid and start hunting down Jolie, but that only happens for like 5 minutes total of the film. Then Berenthal just dies anyway sitting there like a wuss. And Jolie gets struck by lightening at some point but pops back up totally fine. The villains had no backstory or any kind of development to them, and all I thought about was Littlefinger the whole time too. Unless I missed something there was bare minimum explanation of what the father had and why he was being killed at all, other than "he has information that will hurt us, kill him." I dunno, just felt disjointed. The beginning seemed like it was going to be an action thriller, then they pump the brakes in the middle and its just a wander through the woods movie, and then make it action again for the ending. I expected more out of a Sheridan movie. 

I don't disagree at all - just saying I didn't hate it.  It was a very 90s style action movie.  It certainly wasn't Hell or High Water  :lol: 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 12:02 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

The new Angelina Jolie movie is flaming trash. Literally. No idea how they got so many decent actors to sign on. 

Totally agreed, and what was point of Madea being in it?  They wrapped up nothing at end

On 5/17/2021 at 4:51 PM, mikemack8 said:
  Hide contents

My main unanswered question  Why is Guy Pearce on show  Something up with him still  

sorry don’t know spoiler shortcut posting on phone so stole someone else’s. Thought on Mare

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, homerpat said:

sorry don’t know spoiler shortcut posting on phone so stole someone else’s. Thought on Mare

Spoiler

I get that, but wasn't he with Mare the night Erin was killed? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:
  Hide contents

I get that, but wasn't he with Mare the night Erin was killed? 

Spoiler

They were boning and Mare came home at 3:30 so the timeline she was with him doesn't match up to perceived time of death 

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They were boning and Mare came home at 3:30 so the timeline she was with him doesn't match up to perceived time of death 

Spoiler

Yeah they were at the bar together for several hours then back to his place - what time was her estimated time of death? 

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:
  Hide contents

Yeah they were at the bar together for several hours then back to his place - what time was her estimated time of death? 

Spoiler

I forget exactly but I believe it was between 12:30 and 2. I remember the examiner said it was a 1.5 hour window. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I forget exactly but I believe it was between 12:30 and 2. I remember the examiner said it was a 1.5 hour window. 

Spoiler

Right so that's gotta rule him out.  I'm not sold that Dylan is the murderer, but Uncle Billy definitely had something to do with all this.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 3:47 PM, Gannan said:

On 5/17/2021 at 7:48 PM, Green_Guinness said:

I think of it more in the Fantasy genre and I'd liken it to Carnival Row and even The Alienist if you threw some Fantasy twists in that show.  True that the focus is on women since they are the ones most affected by the phenomenon.

The season Finale was definitely a bit jarring/disorienting at first, but solid first season.  Sounds like late 2022 for second season.

Give it another shot Gannan, its a quick 6 episodes, its definitely female centric, but you'll be able to look past that once you're more aware of who the characters are.

It's solid.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 3:52 PM, mikemack8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Right so that's gotta rule him out.  I'm not sold that Dylan is the murderer, but Uncle Billy definitely had something to do with all this.

Spoiler

Guy Pearce Time Travel GIF - GuyPearce TimeTravel HGWells - Discover &  Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Guy Pearce Time Travel GIF - GuyPearce TimeTravel HGWells - Discover &  Share GIFs

You’re gonna be wrong, ****! :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hputenis said:
  Hide contents

Right?  He’s always the bad guy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

You’re gonna be wrong, ****! :lol: 

I just realized how terrible the last page of this thread is for anyone who hasn't seen Mare of Easttown.  Nothing but spoiler tags.  🤣

On 5/16/2021 at 11:09 PM, mikemack8 said:

Mare of Easttown - damn is this show good - that was intense

Spoiler

homeboy should've just run real fast....on the walls & sheet...then grabbed the bullet with his fingahs! 

• Haha 2

Finally started up Mare of Easttown

Spoiler

Another good murder mystery that makes you think anyone could be the killer

• Like 2