HBO Max

Gannan

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

you know what, i've never watched the outsider. may have to put that one on my list. 

Meh. Don't put it at the top.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Meh. Don't put it at the top.

yeah i didn't know how to respond to that without being overly spoilerish. This is a good response. 

That’s cool she liked it, but Wawa is just alright. convenient for sure, but I regularly choose just about anywhere else to get food. The mac  and cheese is awesome though

3 hours ago, homerpat said:

That’s cool she liked it, but Wawa is just alright. convenient for sure, but I regularly choose just about anywhere else to get food. The mac  and cheese is awesome though

I’m conflicted on it. When I was living in the area I definitely had your opinion. After moving away, it’s stock definitely goes up anytime I’m back in the area compared to the 711/Subway garbage that’s around me. 

I jumped on the Mare of Easttown bandwagon this weekend and definitely recommend it. My only minor complaint is it introduces a ton of secondary characters right away and I have no idea how they are connected until later on. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I jumped on the Mare of Easttown bandwagon this weekend and definitely recommend it. My only minor complaint is it introduces a ton of secondary characters right away and I have no idea how they are connected until later on. 

I don't mind that they are 'reverse engineering' the set up of characters and how they relate to each other.  It makes you think and wonder what is going on and how the pieces fit instead of just showing you.  A different approach, but IMO it works because they allow the characters to develop or at least make them interesting enough that it keeps your attention. 

• Like 4

On 5/7/2021 at 11:52 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

you know what, i've never watched the outsider. may have to put that one on my list. 

The book is awesome, the series, not so much.

Going to start Mare of Easttown tonight. Kate Winslet is my celeb doppelgänger.. not so much anymore but when I was in college when Titanic came out I got it all the time.

SNL did a funny skit on it last night.. I think Kate McKinnon is super talented but she does Delco like Fallon does Delco. Tina Fey is the only one who can nail it (and Bradley Cooper) but they are both locals. But still a funny skit with the Wawa and Gritty references

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

maybe i start soon too. How many episodes deep is it? I finally got around to starting Succession and should have the rest of season 2 finished sometime this week and will be able to cycle in something new. 

On 5/8/2021 at 10:55 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m conflicted on it. When I was living in the area I definitely had your opinion. After moving away, it’s stock definitely goes up anytime I’m back in the area compared to the 711/Subway garbage that’s around me. 

good perspective. I'm kinda ambivalent on Wawa living in the area (use it strictly for gas/power ball tickets, in terms of food i'll sometimes get a soft pretzel at check out, if actually hungry will get a chicken parm sandwich... haven't had a hoagie from there in years, just sacrilegious to get one there when there's so many more legit better options in and around town). But yeah, if i ever moved away and was forced to start going to 7-11s I would def miss it. 

18 hours ago, binkybink77 said:

Going to start Mare of Easttown tonight. Kate Winslet is my celeb doppelgänger.. not so much anymore but when I was in college when Titanic came out I got it all the time.

SNL did a funny skit on it last night.. I think Kate McKinnon is super talented but she does Delco like Fallon does Delco. Tina Fey is the only one who can nail it (and Bradley Cooper) but they are both locals. But still a funny skit with the Wawa and Gritty references

I don't think she was necessarily trying to nail it lol, think she and everyone else was trying to rip "us" to shreds, which they succeeded in. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, binkybink77 said:

For some reason I love Kate McKinnon. I find her both funny and sexy and couldn't for the life of me explain why. Love how over the top they go in this one. You're right about Fey nailing it best. If anyone hasn't seen this gem, it's one of my favorites...

• Haha 2

Mare of Easttown

At this point I’m thinking the dead chick and the two captive chicks are two separate cases/offenders. I think the Deacon knocked up the one chick and offed her when she hit him up for money for the operation. The last chick that got taken was abducted in a contractors van, so I’m guessing one of the two dudes who stayed with the father of the dead chick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Mare of Easttown

Reveal hidden contents

At this point I’m thinking the dead chick and the two captive chicks are two separate cases/offenders. I think the Deacon knocked up the one chick and offed her when she hit him up for money for the operation. The last chick that got taken was abducted in a contractors van, so I’m guessing one of the two dudes who stayed with the father of the dead chick.

Spoiler

Everything points to the Deacon, which makes me think it's NOT him :lol: I've had a strange feeling about the cousin Billy - you may be onto something there.  He's the one who isn't married to Mare's friend.  

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Everything points to the Deacon, which makes me think it's NOT him :lol: I've had a strange feeling about the cousin Billy - you may be onto something there.  He's the one who isn't married to Mare's friend.  

I'm absolutely hooked on Mare of Easttown.  Best show since Better Call Saul in my opinion.  

Spoiler

I think the writer has to have something to do with it.  WTF is his role in this show other than he wants to pork the detective who has more emotional and physical baggage than a meth head?  Plus, I've never seen a movie where Guy Pearce isn't a total piece of ish.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'm absolutely hooked on Mare of Easttown.  Best show since Better Call Saul in my opinion.  

Reveal hidden contents

I think the writer has to have something to do with it.  WTF is his role in this show other than he wants to pork the detective who has more emotional and physical baggage than a meth head?  Plus, I've never seen a movie where Guy Pearce isn't a total piece of ish.  

damn you! how dare you speak the magic words! I just finishd succession last night so i suppose I have bandwidth to add this other HBO show in

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Mare of Easttown - damn is this show good - that was intense

Wasn't expecting all that to happen already, but yeah, that was intense.  There's still loads of shady ass ish going on, though.

• Like 2

And The Nevers took a different and interesting twist tonight as well.  A couple of good Sunday night shows to keep up with.

• Like 1

The new Angelina Jolie movie is flaming trash. Literally. No idea how they got so many decent actors to sign on. 

• Like 1

The new Angelina Jolie movie is flaming trash. Literally. No idea how they got so many decent actors to sign on. 

I was gonna check that out tonight - so you're saying I shouldn't bother?  :lol: 

62% on RT - 58% on Metacritic 

I heard it was bad, so decided to watch Greenland instead, which was a decent disaster type movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I was gonna check that out tonight - so you're saying I shouldn't bother?  :lol: 

62% on RT - 58% on Metacritic 

Scenery is great, cinematography and acting is good, plot is abysmal and so disjointed. 

• Like 1