HBO Max

Gannan

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

it was serviceable, but I pay for like a $22/mo "unlimited" subscription plan with a major theater chain, so its just a matter of driving the 9 miles or so to one of 3 surrounding theaters. For an un-married, childless guy that is living in a brand new area where I don't know anyone, we're still working from home so I haven't "met" coworkers, and most residents still basically distancing with COVID... it provided useful entertainment to pass a few hours. It's not something I'm going to race back out to re-watch, but Littlefinger and Hank McCoy/Beast were entertaining enough. 

That's a little bit more information than I needed Vince.

Mia.PNG

• Haha 2

On 6/9/2021 at 12:29 PM, Agent23 said:

it was serviceable, but I pay for like a $22/mo "unlimited" subscription plan with a major theater chain, so its just a matter of driving the 9 miles or so to one of 3 surrounding theaters. For an un-married, childless guy that is living in a brand new area where I don't know anyone, we're still working from home so I haven't "met" coworkers, and most residents still basically distancing with COVID... it provided useful entertainment to pass a few hours. It's not something I'm going to race back out to re-watch, but Littlefinger and Hank McCoy/Beast were entertaining enough. 

Well you see, I just put a new patio in and used 12"x12" pavers. It's working pretty well for my new smoker and Blackstone, but I used sand in the seams instead of pavlock. I know I'll have to redo it down the line, but I had leftover sand so I figured I'd use it. So as you can probably figure, I've been a little skeptical about giving that movie a shot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 1:41 PM, The_Omega said:

I don't think that they were awful, but they definitely weren't as good as most of the others.  Ranking:

1. Conjuring 2

2a. Conjuring 1

2b. Annabelle: Creation

3. Annabelle Comes Home

4. Annabelle

5. The Nun

6. Curse of La Llorna

Haven't seen the new one yet.  I'll probably spring for a month of HBO Max and watch it this weekend.

The Devil Made Me Do It - I put it between Annabelle Comes Home, and The Nun. Not bad, not great. Had its moments.

It was really nice of the prison to let the girlfriend come spend the night with Arne. Also, it was really convenient that the satan lady had wandered away from the altar when Ed was chasing Lorraine at the end.

Those Who Wish Me Dead - Again, not bad, not great. Some head scratching moments, but then the action almost makes up for them. Angelina Jolie still looks good in a bra.

conjuring was dumb. not a little scary and ridiculous plot. meaning more so than all the others

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching Mare of Eastown.  Now I can see why SNL made fun of the Philly accent in their skit.  They really hit the "OWE" a lot, it's OWE-ver the top.  And wooder.  The rest of the time they basically talk normal.  OWEverdOWEse.  hOWEgie.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's gotta be better than William Hurt's attempt at a Philly accent in A History of Violence

On 6/14/2021 at 11:20 PM, homerpat said:

conjuring was dumb. not a little scary and ridiculous plot. meaning more so than all the others

yep, felt like this dragged too. Definitely had a moment 3/4 way through of phew, sure as hell glad that I'm able to watch this from home and not for a $40+ movie date with the fiance. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

Just started watching Mare of Eastown.  Now I can see why SNL made fun of the Philly accent in their skit.  They really hit the "OWE" a lot, it's OWE-ver the top.  And wooder.  The rest of the time they basically talk normal.  OWEverdOWEse.  hOWEgie.  :lol:

One of my favorite beer brands is a Philly Beer called "evil genius”. They always come up with funny names for their beers like "Han shot first” and "New phone who dis?”. They are coming out with one called "Murder Durder” :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gannan said:

One of my favorite beer brands is a Philly Beer called "evil genius”. They always come up with funny names for their beers like "Han shot first” and "New phone who dis?”. They are coming out with one called "Murder Durder” :lol:

That skit ruined the show for me, I am laughing half the time at the accent.  Winslet does really well especially considering she's British.  It got better after the pilot some of the other actors do it ok, others don't even try at all.  Some they slip in and out of it.  

They need to make a movie with a bunch of Philly natives that can really do the accent.  Kevin Bacon, Bradley Cooper, Tina Fey, etc.  :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This looks like the best movie they have put out this year 

Saw the trailer on HBO Max last night, looking forward to that.  Great cast.

28 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That skit ruined the show for me, I am laughing half the time at the accent.  Winslet does really well especially considering she's British.  It got better after the pilot some of the other actors do it ok, others don't even try at all.  Some they slip in and out of it.  

They need to make a movie with a bunch of Philly natives that can really do the accent.  Kevin Bacon, Bradley Cooper, Tina Fey, etc.  :lol:

Just not William Hurt. 

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

Just not William Hurt. 

It's been noted.

Is there a thread for Succession?  Thru 8 episodes I really like it

12 hours ago, Gannan said:

They currently list one available in their taproom called We've Been Trying To Reach You About Your Car's Extended Warranty. 

I wonder what kind of beer it's going to be and I really hope they can it for distro so I can bring it into my store.

• Like 2

No Sudden Move was decent. Had no idea what it was about so at the end I did have a "that's what this was about?"

No Sudden move was good, not great. The plot was interesting and the acting was really good. The dialogue though made it dry and at times kind of boring.

Spoiler

I also had to do a google on the history of car companies and the catalytic converter. 

My Surfshark VPN worked and let me watch HBO MAX up until this past weekend. Now it's saying it can only be accessed from inside of the US even when I'm connected through my home city of Orlando. 👎

• 2 weeks later...

I’m excited for Suicide Squad. Should be a vast improvement over first. That said every HBO theater movie so far has been terrible to just ok

5 hours ago, homerpat said:

I’m excited for Suicide Squad. Should be a vast improvement over first. That said every HBO theater movie so far has been terrible to just ok

HBO didn't make WW84. They just had it on their channel. 

I actually didn't mind new Space Jam, there were actually some parts I legitimately laughed at. Watched it on a flight do turned my brain off and watched.