HBO Max

Gannan

The new documentary on Woodstock 99 was really well done. I was there and they did a good job of capturing what the vibe was like. One inaccuracy... They said vendors were charging $4 for bottled water but it was actually $8 by the second day.

• Like 2

Anyone else watching Hacks? Jean Smart plays an older pseudo washed up Vegas comedian at the back end of her career.  Really enjoying it. Dark but funny.

13 hours ago, Gannan said:

The new documentary on Woodstock 99 was really well done. I was there and they did a good job of capturing what the vibe was like. One inaccuracy... They said vendors were charging $4 for bottled water but it was actually $8 by the second day.

I watched as well.  Really enjoyed it - I already knew about most of the issues they had there.  Always thought it was unfair how they painted Durst as the villain who ruined Woodstock '99.  The riots happened on the final night, not during his set.  Couple notes - Moby of course comes off like a whiny, pompous ****.  And the main promoter seems like a giant tool, as well.  

So did you get right in the thick of things there - mosh pits, etc?  

• Like 1

More b00bs in Woodstock '99 than I've seen on screen in a long time.  The organizers are a couple of world-class d-bags.  I've been to a couple of Lollapallozas in the early to mid-90's that I thought were headed toward that outcome.  Thankfully they were only 1-day long, and didn't.

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I watched as well.  Really enjoyed it - I already knew about most of the issues they had there.  Always thought it was unfair how they painted Durst as the villain who ruined Woodstock '99.  The riots happened on the final night, not during his set.  Couple notes - Moby of course comes off like a whiny, pompous ****.  And the main promoter seems like a giant tool, as well.  

I came into this expecting to hate it based on some of the reviews/word of mouth critiques, especially re: Durst. I liked all of that music and have been to my fair share of concerts over the years and been in many mosh pits. It really depends on the type of music/band with what you're going to get in the pits. But 90% of the time it's a circle pit where if you go down someone is picking you back up and not looking to sucker punch anyone in the back of the head or try to destroy the venue. Which goes back to why I was expecting to hate this, in the blaming of the artists, in this case Limp Bizkit for how the crowd acted (same way people will try and blame violent video games for mass shootings). Thankfully, there were a couple immediate responses from panelist/contributors on this who shot that down pretty quickly. 

Didn't expect the RHCP of all bands to be the ones to pour almost literal gas on the fire at the end of day three though. They were a little before my time so I never paid too much attention to them or thought they were that hard so to speak. But yeah they had a chance to try and tone it down after the event organizer asked them, but just added to the mayhem with their playing of "Fire" as everything was going up in flames. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I came into this expecting to hate it based on some of the reviews/word of mouth critiques, especially re: Durst. I liked all of that music and have been to my fair share of concerts over the years and been in many mosh pits. It really depends on the type of music/band with what you're going to get in the pits. But 90% of the time it's a circle pit where if you go down someone is picking you back up and not looking to sucker punch anyone in the back of the head or try to destroy the venue. Which goes back to why I was expecting to hate this, in the blaming of the artists, in this case Limp Bizkit for how the crowd acted (same way people will try and blame violent video games for mass shootings). Thankfully, there were a couple immediate responses from panelist/contributors on this who shot that down pretty quickly. 

Didn't expect the RHCP of all bands to be the ones to pour almost literal gas on the fire at the end of day three though. They were a little before my time so I never paid too much attention to them or thought they were that hard so to speak. But yeah they had a chance to try and tone it down after the event organizer asked them, but just added to the mayhem with their playing of "Fire" as everything was going up in flames. 

we had the illegal pay per view in those days so I watched it pretty much around the clock that summer (13 going on 14). I remember seeing lots of bewbs, watching Limp Bizkit, watching RHCP (wasn't Flea just rocking a cocksock?), Metallica, and Bush (who I'd listened to before then via radio, but who I remember really enjoying live). I will add this HBO doc to my queue. 

15 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

we had the illegal pay per view in those days so I watched it pretty much around the clock that summer (13 going on 14). I remember seeing lots of bewbs, watching Limp Bizkit, watching RHCP (wasn't Flea just rocking a cocksock?), Metallica, and Bush (who I'd listened to before then via radio, but who I remember really enjoying live). I will add this HBO doc to my queue. 

Flea wore nothing - not even a sock.  Well he may have had shoes on, I don't know :lol: 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

HBO didn't make WW84. They just had it on their channel. 

yes you’re correct. but the parent company warner brothers did as is the case with every in theater movie they’ve debuted and they have all been average or just garbage so far

Started watching The White Lotus over the weekend. 3 episodes are out, its a comedic mini-series hinting at something dark happening with a pretty loaded cast. Not sure what to make of it yet, but its been enjoyable.

And it has Alexandra Daddario AND Sydney Sweeney in bathing suits most of the time. What are you waiting for?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Started watching The White Lotus over the weekend. 3 episodes are out, its a comedic mini-series hinting at something dark happening with a pretty loaded cast. Not sure what to make of it yet, but its been enjoyable.

And it has Alexandra Daddario AND Sydney Sweeney in bathing suits most of the time. What are you waiting for?

I’m definitely intrigued because you just know something wild is gonna happen. 

Here’s a tip (pun intended) before watching.  Don’t watch episode 1 if your mother in law is watching with you unless unnecessary dangling ballsacks are your thing (NTTAWWT).  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I’m definitely intrigued because you just know something wild is gonna happen. 

Here’s a tip (pun intended) before watching.  Don’t watch episode 1 if your mother in law is watching with you unless unnecessary dangling ballsacks are your thing (NTTAWWT).  

It's HBO, they gotta meet their cawk and balls quota.

I think Chernobyl was the funniest one so far. Super serious drama with death and destruction, government cover up, potential widespread nuclear fall out and BAM fat guy who looks like Ron Jeremy hog and berries just dangling in the wind.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Flea wore nothing - not even a sock.  Well he may have had shoes on, I don't know :lol: 

I guess it was covered up by the bass

21 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I guess it was covered up by the bass

Yeah except when he was shaking it at the crowd which was like half the show.  He didn't really try to cover it.  I've watched quite a few of the 99 woodstock concerts on Youtube including theirs. If you don't wanna see Flea's dong (or various others throughout the documentary) then I wouldn't watch :lol: 

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah except when he was shaking it at the crowd which was like half the show.  He didn't really try to cover it.  I've watched quite a few of the 99 woodstock concerts on Youtube including theirs. If you don't wanna see Flea's dong (or various others throughout the documentary) then I wouldn't watch :lol: 

FB_IMG_1573703912860.jpg.7330728a72042c0fd3746c88baacc65f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

So did you get right in the thick of things there - mosh pits, etc?  

One memory that came back to me watching it was that in 1999 I was 24 and I already felt too old for that event. It was way too hot to mix it up in the pit. Some teenage dude wanted to fight me during Metallica’s set and I just wasn’t having it because it was so F’n hot.

when I was a teenager, Sunday nights at the troaccadero were metal nights. The pits there were viscous. We mixed it up in some insane pits and even staged dived. Some crazy shows included Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, and Nuclear Assault. I feel like by 24 I was kind of over it.

I don’t think it was Durst’s fault. It was the prices and the heat and just a bad vibe. My favorite was some dude coming out and saying "everyone needs to calm down, Rage Against the Machine is next” 

• Like 1

I miss Euphoria. I know it’s still "watchable” but just miss having some so insanely wild dropping new episodes each week 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 7:50 PM, Agent23 said:

I miss Euphoria. I know it’s still "watchable” but just miss having some so insanely wild dropping new episodes each week 

When is the new season coming?

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Supposedly late 2021 or 2022. I think they are still filming so probably the latter. COVID really f’ed them up .

On 7/31/2021 at 5:32 PM, Mike030270 said:

Not sure. Those Christmas time rue and Jules episodes were the only new content I’ve heard of since the original airing. Just bummed I don’t have a must watch show each week at the moment. I have some weeklies (like "Dave”) but nothing they world is ending it I don’t watch minute one to join in on discourse. 

19 hours ago, homerpat said:

Suicide squad 98% on RT

Reminds me to reserve Thursday tickets. 

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

Not sure. Those Christmas time rue and Jules episodes were the only new content I’ve heard of since the original airing. Just bummed I don’t have a must watch show each week at the moment. I have some weeklies (like "Dave”) but nothing they world is ending it I don’t watch minute one to join in on discourse. 

Reminds me to reserve Thursday tickets. 

I watched those. I liked the one with her and the addict sitting in the dinner just chatting more than the Jules one

22 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I watched those. I liked the one with her and the addict sitting in the dinner just chatting more than the Jules one

Same

On 7/31/2021 at 11:38 PM, homerpat said:

Suicide squad 98% on RT

is that on max?  :unsure: