EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

314645670_tenor(50).gif.ed04557c80f450ae3cc4add8c17a5448.gif

Dammit GIFs | Tenor

You must have snuck that in there about 10 seconds before me!!  Damnit!  

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

the apparent source has a source that knew about the Buckner trade in advance for San Fran.

Said they would make the move by the 4pm deadline. And then said trades can and will still happen throughout weekend.

Of course now the weekend is about over, and the 4pm deadline is past.

But I wooonder if the surprising LeBlanc release makes a little more sense now if they are planning on receiving another CB?

2 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

You mad brah 

Not at all. You are a troll plain and simple. You bring nothing to the table, and 99% of the board thinks you are an idiot.

SF can use a WR. We can use another starting CB. Witherspoon in last year of his contract. It makes some sense. 

Can someone explain to me what the Eagles are doing with LeBlanc?  I understand he doesn't hit the waiver wire, and they will most likely re-sign him tomorrow to a new deal.  Don't they risk another team swooping in to get him?  He's a decent slot corner, and that position becomes more and more important every year.  What if someone wants to offer him a 2 year deal?  

The Eagles would be totally screwed if they lost LeBlanc.  They have zero depth at corner already.  

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

the apparent source has a source that knew about the Buckner trade in advance for San Fran.

Said they would make the move by the 4pm deadline. And then said trades can and will still happen throughout weekend.

Of course now the weekend is about over, and the 4pm deadline is past.

But I wooonder if the surprising LeBlanc release makes a little more sense now if they are planning on receiving another CB?

Agreed.  The LeBlanc release would make more sense. 

IMO, Singleton may have been the safest cut.  But his is now the first LB off the bench as the two rookie LBs are probably not ready for game play.

43 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Can someone explain to me what the Eagles are doing with LeBlanc?  I understand he doesn't hit the waiver wire, and they will most likely re-sign him tomorrow to a new deal.  Don't they risk another team swooping in to get him?  He's a decent slot corner, and that position becomes more and more important every year.  What if someone wants to offer him a 2 year deal?  

The Eagles would be totally screwed if they lost LeBlanc.  They have zero depth at corner already.  

They had to cut someone to make room for Huntley, with the idea of re-signing him a day later when the dust settles after making a couple of IR moves. Seeing as how three of their last cuts were actually claimed on waivers, it's likely that the Eagles were worried that if they expose the 53rd (now 54th) player to waivers, he would be claimed as well. They didn't want that to happen. So to get around this, they chose to release a player who had enough experience in the league that he would not be subjected to waivers. It's obvious they'll re-sign him tomorrow. Is it a risk that he'll sign somewhere else overnight? Theoretically, I suppose, but if you have a good relationship with the player and explain to him what's going on, I don't think it's too much of a concern.

4 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

I ain't be no troll I just heeah talkin footballs yo. You just a hater brah. Damn smh

Your avatar says a different story.

14 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Looking at the roster, LeBlanc probably was the most expendable from a week 1 gameday perspective. Epps is the 3rd safety with Parks out and a valuable STs contributor. James and Ford are major STs contributors, and Howie said yesterday continuity there is more important now with no PS reps. Singleton is the #4 LB. Was a tougher decision than I acknowledged initially; hope they get LeBlanc back. If I were a team needing a nickel back, I'd offer him a 2 year deal right now.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

LeBlanc will be re signed tomorrow.  Everyone looking to far into this.

not really. the rumor was independent of the LeBlanc release. 

Just saying, with that rumor out there, the release would have made more sense.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

not really. the rumor was independent of the LeBlanc release. 

Just saying, with that rumor out there, the release would have made more sense.

Not even referencing the 9er rumor.  They knew if they made a successful claim someone would have to be released then re signed. I am positive that they had already told LeBlanc he would be released and re signed.

18 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Your avatar says a different story.

Let’s all make an agreement to not feed or quote that troll as long as he spouts drivel. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So now we’re loaded at WR?  Which WR would you ship?

the rumor is Jeffery for Ahkello Witherspoon. 

We get rid of the Jeffery contract and get a servicable starting CB in the last year of his contract in return. It fills an immediate need and offers some cap relief for next season.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Cards did not sign Hakeem Butler to their  practice squad.  We still have a spot.  Go get him Howie.

Should be a TE.  Add ten pounds and learn to block. 

38 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

314645670_tenor(50).gif.ed04557c80f450ae3cc4add8c17a5448.gif

38 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Jim Carrey Dumb And Dumber GIF - JimCarrey DumbAndDumber LaLaLa - Discover  & Share GIFs

Mock?!

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

the rumor is Jeffery for Ahkello Witherspoon. 

We get rid of the Jeffery contract and get a servicable starting CB in the last year of his contract in return. It fills an immediate need and offers some cap relief for next season.

If it were only that easy. Howie is not that good anymore. Who ever came up with that rumor has to be an Eagles fan. 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

If it were only that easy. Howie is not that good anymore. Who ever came up with that rumor has to be an Eagles fan. 

Its from someone in San Fran

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Its from someone in San Fran

Whos has to be a Eagles fan lol. 

Archived