EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Jeffery avoided being put on pup (and thus unavailable until week 7) should help in trading him.

If a team can a) handle the salary, and b) thinks he'll be healthy relatively soon, there shouldn't be too much issue making a deal.

2 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Ya yo get that paper. Dem steakhouse dinnahs don't be stoppin when u done ballin. Even that lobsta tail add on. You gots to have dat surf wit da turf you kno. Damn smh

You must get a lot of migraines ****!  

What it feels like shaking my head in water. - GIF - Imgur

8 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

But didn't save no dat paper for Hargrave. 

Good for us. 

$4M less per yr avg, too.

6 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

The fact that Jeffery avoided being put on pup until (and thus unavailable until week 7) should help in trading him.

If a team can a) handle the salary, and b) thinks he'll be healthy relatively soon, there shouldn't be too much issue making a deal.

Until he steps on a field and starts catching passes, no team is trading for him.

4 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Until he steps on a field and starts catching passes, no team is trading for him.

Well, any team trading for him would require a personal work out anyway.

Otherwise, why not put him on IR a week ago?

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I feel even that’s a stretch 

48 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Foot injury, but not supposed to be serious. I’m guessing he would be questionable for week 1 and is not really ready yet anyway so they just IR’ed him and will see what the roster looks like three weeks from now. It’s a little bit risky with both Reagor and Jeffery set to be inactive as well but they can pull up Burnett or Fulgham to get by 

We suffer through last season, add 17 WRs and here we are, week fn 1, talking about calling somebody up to "get by”

6 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Well, any team trading for him would require a personal work out anyway.

Otherwise, why not put him on IR a week ago?

You can’t just put him on IR and end his season. Jeffery would file a grievance and then it would just be a messy pr distraction in the middle of the season. It seems they took the best, most reasonable course of talking him up, maybe trying to trade him, but also trying to use him since they have him. 

3 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

We suffer through last season, add 17 WRs and here we are, week fn 1, talking about calling somebody up to "get by”

They only have 4 healthy WR’s and 2 TE’s on the roster. It is what it is. Reagor getting hurt and Goodwin opting out are things you can’t really plan for. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You can’t just put him on IR and end his season. Jeffery would file a grievance and then it would just be a messy pr distraction in the middle of the season. It seems they took the best, most reasonable course of talking him, maybe trying to trade him, but also trying to use him since they have him. 

Yea, I agree with your final sentence.  If he plays in week 2 or 3, and plays well?  Well then hell, he's part of 2020 and we go forward with him and Jackson (and Reagor, eventually).  We know when he's healthy, he is one of Carson's best targets.  He produces.

I don't however think if they put him on season ending IR last week it would have been without his agreement.  No matter how the situation is viewed from the outside, I dont believe Howie does things that way with players like Alshon.

I kind of forgot about Javon Hargrave.  Glad he got a ton of reps in with his new team, his big contract, and a different system.  👀   Not sure how important reps are for him, but I'm praying we can finally have a force next to Fletcher Cox up the middle that doesn't get hurt.  

2 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Yea, I agree with your final sentence.  If he plays in week 2 or 3, and plays well?  Well then hell, he's part of 2020 and we go forward with him and Jackson (and Reagor, eventually).  We know when he's healthy, he is one of Carson's best targets.  He produces.

I don't however think if they put him on season ending IR last week it would have been without his agreement.  No matter how the situation is viewed from the outside, I dont believe Howie does things that way with players like Alshon.

Why would they put him on IR instead of leaving him on PUP? 

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I kind of forgot about Javon Hargrave.  Glad he got a ton of reps in with his new team, his big contract, and a different system.  👀   Not sure how important reps are for him, but I'm praying we can finally have a force next to Fletcher Cox up the middle that doesn't get hurt.  

Hargrave and Jackson are gonna help us so much.

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I'm excited the most because all 4 of our DTs will be healthy.  Sunday's gonna be fun just watching those guys roll in all day.

Wash DTs: Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Matt Ioannidis, Tim Settle

Our DTs: Cox, Hargrave, Malik, Ridgeway

I'm sorry, 100% healthy its not even a question for me.

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Why would they put him on IR instead of leaving him on PUP? 

This is my point.  They wouldn't if he is healthy, or will be in a few weeks. 

Any team thinking to trade for him now will check him themselves anyway.

Sorry if confusing. 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Does this feel like opening week to anyone?   At all?

Not yet, no. 

But I think by around Wed it will start...  def by Thursday morning.

What are you thinking for your week 1 menu?

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah but we wouldn’t get a quality player in return it would just need to be a salary dump.  Which I’m good with.  I’m not even counting on him this year.  

I never thought we would get a quality return for him after that lisfranc injury.  He was already running like he had a piano strapped to his back even before that injury.  I'd rather dump his salary to help the cap next year even if it means giving up a late round pick to the other team.  Give JJAW a shot this year (at least until Reagor comes back) at the X the first couple games with Desean lining up in the slot and outside.  It will at least give him more space so he doesn't run into Ertz or Goedert while they run perfect routes.  

Once Desean was hurt last year after 5 minutes, that offense was gross to watch.  They couldn't do anything because they were so damn slow and couldn't create separation.   

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Does this feel like opening week to anyone?   At all?

Not even a little bit.  So weird.  

No preseason games. Hockey just ending for us Flyers fans.  Everyones schedules being completely jacked up for the last 5-6 months... Its not going to feel like football season for me until kickoff at best. 

41 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

I just don’t see how Alshon would ever agree to being put on IR and missing the entire season given his age and the fact he probably knows he’s gone next year. It would be career suicide. 

22 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

This is my point.  They wouldn't if he is healthy, or will be in a few weeks. 

Any team thinking to trade for him now will check him themselves anyway.

Sorry if confusing. 

I think I misread as well. Apologies 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I think I misread as well. Apologies 

Nah, I think its more i don't know wtf I'm talking about.

Honestly, I have no idea what is gonna happen re: Alshon.

@jsb235

Archived