Connecticut Eagle

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Peters at RG is a complete failure. He needs to be benched

He's injured again so I guess we don't need to worry until he's healthy again

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gross. He's really tarnishing his legacy at this point.

Don't worry, the coach will just take a look at the film and then have him suit up next again week against an even better pass rush.

16 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I don't think enough people realize this is the today's new NFL.  It's what Roger and the owners want and it's what the fantasy fanatics want as well.  The rules are now tilted to favour the O, especially the WRs.  The time of the lockdown CB is at an end as are dominant stifling Ds.  In today's NFL you need a really good O that can put up points, preferably TDs over FGs so RZ and/or big play efficiency, and you're D can be bend but don't break but does have to be good at creating TOs.  Winning the TO battle and getting a couple extra possessions to a really good O is how to win games.  This is a big problem with our current D is that we don't have 1 single playmaker on it.  Name 1 player on D you would think of who could get us a TO in a big spot?  Our 2017 D wasn't some shutdown D, but they did create a lot of TOs, 31 of them (for a +11 on the takeaway/giveaway).  The past 3 seasons we've had 17 (-6), 20 (-3) and 11 in 12 games this season (-11).  Build a high powered O that can put up points and build an opportunistic D that can create TOs and that's a consistent winning formula now.

In this league in order to win you need to be able to score in the 30s on offense and get two or more turnovers a game. I look at some of the teams in the playoffs right now and I don’t think they have great defenses. Yes there are some teams that have both (Steelers and saints) but there’s less of them then there are ones that have great offenses and just opportunistic defenses. Chiefs, Titans, bills (only held 3 opponents to less than 20 twice was Jets) and Seahawks standout. All four of those teams can put up 30 points almost consistently. Their defenses can also give up 24 or more points. However each one of those defenses is opportunistic. They are not going to shut down the other team from scoring but they make and create turnovers. The Eagles don’t do that. They played 12 games this year, they’ve had zero turnovers in six of those 12 games. The only games where they’ve had multiple turnovers in came against Nick Mullins, Daniel Jones and Dinucci. just look at the record of when the Eagles have two or more turnovers in one or fewer turnovers. Eagles defense 2+ turnovers 3-0. Eagles 1 or fewer turnovers 0-8-1. Like it wouldn’t be a great record because the offense hasn’t been good enough either but they don’t create turnovers. So the field position game for the Eagles is never very great although yesterday was probably one of the better days

also something that’s become alarming with the defense since the bye week. They are giving up way too many long drives on like six or seven plays. I went back and tracked it since the second Giants game, the Eagles have given up 7 touchdowns on drives of 65 yards or more on eight or less plays. The last two weeks they’ve had four. The Packers yesterday had a 99 yard drive on 7 plays . They had an 82 yard Drive on 7 plays. That is way too easy. This is cause we are giving up big plays like they are going out of style. Packers were able to connect on a 42, 24, 31, 25, 36- yard receptions and a 77-yard rushing touchdown. Since the bye week, the Eagles have given up 17 plays of 20 yards or more. That is on average 4 20+ yard plays per game. They have given up 12 plays of 30 yards or more. That is about 3 30-yard or more plays per game. Furthermore, they have given up 7 plays of 40 yards or more. That’s just under 2 40-yard plays per game. Finally, 3 plays of 50 yards or more. That’s .75 per contest since the bye. 

2 hours ago, RLC said:

Dom might be my favorite long tenured Eagles staffer.  Always has the coaches back whoever it is.

Can we please rid the team of that waste of space Jamon Brown.

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I agree the duct tape and veteran player approach has failed. I just don't think the team can move on from many of it's veterans until after 2021.  The other problem they have is that if Hurts or Wentz is the guy, you don't want them playing behind trash.  I mean arguably the problems they have had this season have been because the o-line has failed to protect Wentz.  Wentz has regressed and doesn't keep his eyes downfield because his pocket collapses too quickly.  So ruining Wentz or Hurts, if he is the future, does not help the long term of the team unless you want the team to bottom out over the next 5 seasons. 

I've been studying this for a while, and they really can.

Brooks is tradable, and they can get some cap relief.  Sad part is that they won't get anything of value back.  Oh well.   Trade him for a conditional 7th, if need be. He's got a guaranteed $10.4M salary for 2021, but after that, he'd cost the new team nothing to drop.  And the new team could rework that deal to make it more palatable.  The question is: can the Eagles get a team to bite on him?  Only if he shows he can rebound from this Achilles like he did from the last one.  So far, that's on track.  He's a freak.

Lane is tradeable, but only after June 1.  But, they can move him and then eat the $21M in 2022.  But, not lose more money after that.   That gives him time to show he's healthy.  I figure he could be an early in-season trade and Mailata moves in to RT after about 4 weeks of Lane proving himself.

Graham is at his highest value with this season.  Some team desperate for a player like him would give up something to take him on.  And he costs them nothing after 2021.  He'd be a great option for a team that misses on their target on draft day for some DL help.  Downside for the Eagles is that they'd save only $700k in 2021, but would save the full $12M for 2022 that he's due with those empty years Howie tacked on the end.  And a team taking him on has zero risk, as his salary ($13M) is not guaranteed.  They could drop him for nothing if they needed to, or again, could renegotiate to get 2 years out of him for a lower than league average cost per year.

Slay has to be moved.  Saves $6M, but again, gets you out of the dead years.  At a cost to the new team of only $12.5M, he's a bargain.  There will be a market... and again, no risk beyond 2021 for the acquiring team... 

Cox is movable.. if they can get a good return, but would only save $2.8M.   But, again, they'd be freeing up all that money in 2022.

This team will need some gutting of some sort or another to get under the cap anyway... so, they might as well rip all the bandaids off at once... let the blood flow, take the hit really hard in 2021... and start to rebuild in earnest in 2022.  And if you rip it down to the slab (there are no studs left on this foundation), this team will likely be back in the top 5 next draft for another shot at a QB... because it will be unlikely that ripping off all these duct tape repairs and aging veterans will allow this team to win more than about 3 or maybe 4 games.   So, you just take the Nestea plunge and do it the quick, but painful way.

9 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Drafting another qb is a substantial waste of resources

get a tackle or corner. Maaaaybe a wr

Unless there is a player I truly love, I would trade our 2021 picks for future picks.

Roseman's mismanagement of contracts has crippled roster flexibility. The roster next year will be pretty much the roster this year.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Dom might be my favorite long tenured Eagles staffer.  Always has the coaches back whoever it is.

He has been cut

I think realistically we can get a 4th for a Ertz. I hope there's a team that flips a 3rd

5 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

I just don't see how the Eagles can retain Roseman. All other considerations pale by comparison.

Amen

14 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Drafting another qb is a substantial waste of resources

get a tackle or corner. Maaaaybe a wr

The pick should be CB or WR. There's one top T and then some mid round guys. Far different from last years class.

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

He has been cut

I think realistically we can get a 4th for a Ertz. I hope there's a team that flips a 3rd

A 4th from Ertz would soften the blow of not having a 4th for Avery who didn't even dress yesterday.

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He's injured again so I guess we don't need to worry until he's healthy again

He might have a toe issue, but the injury isn't what is pulling him out of games. They are benching him and just protecting his apparently fragile ego.

Just now, bpac55 said:

A 4th from Ertz would soften the blow of not having a 4th for Avery who didn't even dress yesterday.

I hope a team like AZ or Miami, possibly Tenn gives a 3rd up for him. A contending team in need of a TE

Does Wentz's contract get more palatable for trade as more and more QBs get signed to new deals?

I'd prefer to keep him and work through this period, but there are other options.  I think.

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Already did, he was apparently told he was out on the spot, and it was announced this morning.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Does Wentz's contract get more palatable for trade as more and more QBs get signed to new deals?

I'd prefer to keep him and work through this period, but there are other options.  I think.

It's not that bad as it already is. If a team is trading for him, the contract is comparable to what Teddy Bridgewater got

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

It's not that bad as it already is. If a team is trading for him, the contract is comparable to what Teddy Bridgewater got

Another team that has a better system and coaching and top-to-bottom organization may take a stab at him.  If they like him, it's not an awful deal to absorb for a starting QB.   

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Another team that has a better system and coaching and top-to-bottom organization may take a stab at him.  If they like him, it's not an awful deal to absorb for a starting QB.   

Watch him go to the Patriots.

Just now, twistr said:

Watch him go to the Patriots.

Patriots, 49ers, Colts are the three top ones that come to mind

I don’t watch every DP presser so maybe this is normal but he has zero Eagles gear on, looks like he’s repping his college gear from what I can tell.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Patriots, 49ers, Colts are the three top ones that come to mind

I honestly think Denver makes the most sense. They have cap space, a desire to run the ball and want a veteran QB to replace Lock. If they can't get Stafford, it pretty much leaves Wentz.

Slay is "day to day" but "should be fine" according to Doug. Everyone except Davion Taylor should be available for the next game.

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The pick should be CB or WR. There's one top T and then some mid round guys. Far different from last years class.

If Sewell is there I’m guessing that’s who the eagles go with. I don’t think they’d pass up on that type of LT if he fell into their laps. Organizationally i don’t see them doing that. However i don’t see him falling past 3 where the bengals likely sit. It’s going to come down to chase, surtain, trey lance, pass rusher from Miami and byu QB in our current spot. I’m guessing since they talked glowingly about hurts last draft and have wentz they aren’t going QB. I would say the kid from Miami but I don’t think he’s like a Joey Bosa or a Nick Bosa or Chubb (Denver) where he’s in that same class. I think he needs to put on some more weight and it’s going to take him time to become the player you expect him to.

So to me I would get it down to chase or surtain. With the way the NFL is and the fact that I don’t think the wide receiving group is all that great even if Jalen reagor pans out to what they thought. I would go chase. Again I don’t love going wide receiver in round one two years in a row and won the previous year in round two. But the Eagles are not in the luxury of getting to pick and choose what position they want to go after that fits a need and they need to just go after who the best available player is when they’re picking. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If Sewell is there I’m guessing that’s who the eagles go with. I don’t think they’d pass up on that type of LT if he fell into their laps. Organizationally i don’t see them doing that. However i don’t see him falling past 3 where the bengals likely sit. It’s going to come down to chase, surtain, trey lance, pass rusher from Miami and byu QB in our current spot. I’m guessing since they talked glowingly about hurts last draft and have wentz they aren’t going QB. I would say the kid from Miami but I don’t think he’s like a Joey Bosa or a Nick Bosa or Chubb (Denver) where he’s in that same class. I think he needs to put on some more weight and it’s going to take him time to become the player you expect him to.

So to me I would get it down to chase or surtain. With the way the NFL is and the fact that I don’t think the wide receiving group is all that great even if Jalen reagor pans out to what they thought. I would go chase. Again I don’t love going wide receiver in round one two years in a row and won the previous year in round two. But the Eagles are in the luxury of getting to pick and choose what position they want to go after that fits a need and they need to just go after who the best available player is when they’re picking. 

I'm fairly confident Sewell is a lock for top 5, if not top 3. I don't see them being in play for him. Bengals make too much sense for him. Surtain or Farley seem like will be the Cowboys pick. 

Rousseau is the big red flag bust of the draft imo, and Eagles don't need another project.

We are on pace for Chase.

Archived