EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just to let you know if you think any of our quarterbacks or offense is gonna play well against the Saints defense is pretty amazing. They’ve given up 8.8 points per game over the last five games. Tom Brady scored 3 points with a much better offense in the Eagles have. The Falcons who have a better offense than the Eagles have scored 9 and 16 points. So if you believe that the Eagles offense is going to look good against the best defense in the NFL for over two months now (13 ppg since their bye 8 weeks ago) that’s laughable

He’s a troll. Ignore him

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I criticized Wentz for the last 3 years.  You can't set the bar too high for your starting QB.

Now Wentz is out, and Hurts is in the crosshairs.  So let me say this...in the 4th quarter, Hurts provided a spark and brought the offense to levels we havent seen since..................................every single 4th quarter in garbage time with Wentz this year.  The Packers packed it in, wanted to go home early, and then slammed the door shut again once they realized it might still be a football game.  The passing game and scoring has opened up in the 4th quarter of nearly every game this year because teams quit and go prevent.  This wasn't some Hurts spark.

Agreed.  His first few snaps he scrambled for big gains because the Packers were playing soft coverage and he was able to find that open space between the rush and the coverage.  This was a backup quarterback playing in garbage time, using his legs and that's about it.  Michael Vick provided a spark when Kolb was injured.  

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There are a lot of names at the QB position.  I'm not sure there's a lot of talent there.

It only takes one. 

6 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

We have 3 wins why would anyone not want to see what we have in Hurts at this point? 

Can anyone make an honest assessment of any qb play,  behind this oline, throwing to these wr's while Doug is calling 55 Pass plays to 9 runs? 

I dont think you can

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just to let you know if you think any of our quarterbacks or offense is gonna play well against the Saints defense is pretty amazing. They’ve given up 8.8 points per game over the last five games. Tom Brady scored 3 points with a much better offense in the Eagles have. The Falcons who have a better offense than the Eagles have scored 9 and 16 points. So if you believe that the Eagles offense is going to look good against the best defense in the NFL for over two months now (13 ppg since their bye 8 weeks ago) that’s laughable

I might actually skip this weeks game.  The Saints always beat us and with Payton they will run up the score, eventhough him and Doug are friends.

If Hill starts for them they wont score more than 30.  With Brees they might drop 50 on us.

7 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

We have 3 wins why would anyone not want to see what we have in Hurts at this point? 

Because I’m not gonna send him out to the wolves. like what happen with the Chargers and Justin Herbert yesterday which might affect Justin Herbert confidence and performance the rest of the season getting beat up the way he did. I have no plans of ruining two quarterbacks in one year because you have to watch Jalen hurts start a game against the Saints defense that’s the best in the league 

would actually start him against the Cardinals the following week who have no existence of a pass rush since Chandler Jones got hurt. Because I’m trying to do him a solid by not getting him killed and killing his confidence in his first ever start. 

29 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

21CFB1CD-93D0-4A46-A177-DA08499E0F28.thumb.jpeg.ffef2ada22e82367272dfeff4bf519a0.jpeg

Nah see just because I think Wentz was/is a Franchise Type QB, doesn't mean I have to dislike Hurts. I dont know enough about him yet to either like him or dislike him. 

My eyes tell me the Oline is a mess and the WR's are dreck. That along with Dougs play calling will mean it wont matter who the QB is we will still stink. The blame will just now be shifted from Wentz to Hurts. Thats ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not even that impressive, and not even as fast as Daniel Jones.

In his defense at least he didn’t fall down

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Because I’m not gonna send him out to the wolves. like what happen with the Chargers and Justin Herbert yesterday which might affect Justin Herbert confidence and performance the rest of the season getting beat up the way he did. I have no plans of ruining two quarterbacks in one year because you have to watch Jalen hurts start a game against the Saints defense that’s the best in the league 

would actually start him against the Cardinals the following week who have no existence of a pass rush since Chandler Jones got hurt. Because I’m trying to do him a solid by not getting him killed and killing his confidence in his first ever start. 

If one start is going to shatter his entire football career from a mental aspect, then just get rid of him right now. 

5 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Anyone have an issue that Reagor only has 3 Punt Returns?  

No because he drops the punt too often and doesn't field it other times.

22 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

If one start is going to shatter his entire football career from a mental aspect, then just get rid of him right now. 

Probably won’t but I’m not gonna throw him out to the wolves. I’m not throwing a rookie quarterback out in his first ever start against the no. 1 defense in the league with a depleted oline. That is a recipe for disaster. And it’s not just hurts I would say that with any young quarterback. Justin Herbert been playing at an elite level all year went against the patriots yesterday because the patriots have a good defense with a great defensive coach and beat the crap out of him. So I need to see him go out there and lose 45 to 0 to the Saints just because he’s not Carson Wentz. How does that help his development? I’d much rather have him wait a week to start against the Cardinals who I know he’ll have success against because they are not good defensively and i build his confidence. 

6 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Or fair catches it. But he should be the primary returner going forward, no point in putting Ward back there. And take Scott off KR. Our STs is a mess.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Not even that impressive, and not even as fast as Daniel Jones.

Acceleration. (Aka speed burst) 

And his speed burst on that play was elite level.  There's maybe dozen or so guys in the NFL that have that type of burst.

For example, a Lincoln Continental can hit over 100 miles per hour.

A Corvette can go from 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. If they both top off at 100 mph,who do you think is going to win that race? 

There's zero chance Daniel Jones would beat Jalen Reagor in a race. ZERO.

That's why those "top speed" next gen stats are fun to look at but nothing more.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Or fair catches it. But he should be the primary returner going forward, no point in putting Ward back there. And take Scott off KR. Our STs is a mess.

I actually give special-teams credit on their punt coverage. They did an excellent job pinning the Packers deep in their own territory. The Packers were starting at the 1 yard line. If it wasn’t for the Eagles defense allowing them to go 99 yards in 7 plays the punt coverage was good yesterday 

1 hour ago, AzBirdGang said:

I feel Howie knows he is on the hotseat. The Alshon contract is one of the worst in the NFL.

DeSean Jackson and Jake F’ing Elliott contracts take a backseat to none. 

15 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

That still makes him better than Greg Ward

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Probably won’t but I’m not gonna throw him out to the wolves. I’m not throwing a rookie quarterback out in his first ever start against the no. 1 defense in the league with a depleted oline. That is a recipe for disaster. And it’s not just hurts I would say that with any young quarterback. Justin Herbert been playing at an elite level all year win against the patriots yesterday because the patriots have a good defense with a great defensive coach and beat the crap out of him. So I need to see him go out there and lose 45 to 0 to the Saints just because he’s not Carson Wentz. How does that help his development? I’d much rather have him wait a week to start against the Cardinals who I know he’ll have success again because they are not good defensively and i build his confidence up slowly. 

One bad game doesn't really mean jack ish, no offense. Herbert will be just fine in his career, regardless of yesterday's game. And whatever happens in the Saints game, if Hurts starts, will likely also not really impact the rest of his career. I am of the opinion that Carson can still be fixed with a new coach and new front office, but I think if you put him back in this week, then he's the starter for the rest of the year. You can't just swap them in and out because the opponent has a good defense.

Also, I think the Saints D being best in the league is a bit much. Sure, they've looked good lately, but they've also played the Panthers, Bears, Bucs, Niners, Falcons (twice) and a Broncos teams starting a high school player at QB. They aren't that good that you should be so afraid of them ruining Hurts. 

6 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Burn it to the ground.

Are you still comfortable with a Dillard-Seumalo-Kelce-Brooks-Johnson OL for next season with Driscoll and Mailata backing up, or do you feel the Eagles should draft OL in Round 1 or 2?

Pretty sure I asked you this earlier in the season — just curious if you’ve changed your position based on present status.

29 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

One bad game doesn't really mean jack ish, no offense. Herbert will be just fine in his career, regardless of yesterday's game. And whatever happens in the Saints game, if Hurts starts, will likely also not really impact the rest of his career. I am of the opinion that Carson can still be fixed with a new coach and new front office, but I think if you put him back in this week, then he's the starter for the rest of the year. You can't just swap them in and out because the opponent has a good defense.

Also, I think the Saints D being best in the league is a bit much. Sure, they've looked good lately, but they've also played the Panthers, Bears, Bucs, Niners, Falcons (twice) and a Broncos teams starting a high school player at QB. They aren't that good that you should be so afraid of them ruining Hurts. 

the Buccaneers scored three points against them. That is a good offense whether or not we want to admit it or not. Tampa Bay they have looked good on offense heading into that saints game and the game after. They were averaging 38 points per game in that stretch minus the saints game. They have playmakers on that offense. They shut them down to three points. And the three points came in garbage time so they probably should have been shutout except Bruce Arians is a dope.

Second the Falcons offense outside of those Saints games has actually been good lately. The reason why the Falcons haven’t looked good in two of the last 3 weeks because they played the Saints. Otherwise when they played other teams they scored on average over the past 4 games 32.8 points. I get the Broncos were using a trash quarterback. And the Bears. However the Falcons and bucs offenses which were 3 of those games has been good lately. Either way the Saints statistically have been the best defense in the NFL for the last eight weeks of the season. And they are getting healthier and have their pass rushers back

Ans it probably won’t affect the rest of his career however I don’t need to start my quarterbacks career off with a game where he gets his ass handed to him by a defense playing the best statistically in the league right now.  And I’m not gonna not start Jalen hurts the rest of the year based off defense. I know my last three games of the year he is not facing great defenses. The best defense he is going to face is Washington which would be if he started against Arizona in his third career start. Not his first career start. I’m pretty sure when Andy was trying to decide when McNabb would play his rookie year it was not you know what I’m gonna pick the top defense to start you against in your career. That wouldn’t make much sense.  And the way of the Eagles have been using peters and Alshon I don’t think it really matters what the hell they do because none of their moves makes sense anyways with a multitude of players. So what difference would this make. 

1 minute ago, In2football said:

I don't remember if I posted already but leanmeanGm and green Guiness were co winners both off by 3 points

Do you have everyone’s weekly overall record in predicting w-L

9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet...but wow.

I see him as a building block. It all starts along the lines.  We have too many older players along BOTH lines

Archived