EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, In2football said:

I don't remember if I posted already but leanmeanGm and green Guiness were co winners both off by 3 points

2 weeks in a row, what do I win?

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

The pleasure of watching the eagles -saints next week 

15 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet...but wow.

I remember when dillard went down and howie and co were debating whether or not to put Peters out at LT and I remember thinking this isn't a difficult decision. Mailata at some point needs to play put him at LT keep peters at RG and roll with it.

Instead of course they paid peters to pay at LT he predictably sucked at which point they put Mailata in as a last resort and he's shown to be way better than Peters and better than anything dillard ever showed.

Mailata has had some rough patches and he's gotten better and looks like a promising Young OT going forward.

At this point I'm wondering if Dillard can play LG???

Move seumalo over to RG, going forward I can't see any reason to put Mailata on the Bench next year

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The pleasure of watching the eagles -saints next week 

Can I at least get a Carson Wentz fathead? They have to be on clearance by now 

@In2football

Saints 28, Eagles 10

I think the Saints will start that goof Taysom Hill at QB, so there won’t be any repeat of the 48-7 shellacking.  Why bring Drew Brees back to start against this Eagles team?

I just want to see an Eagles player hit Hill the same way Isiah Simmons corked Newton 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Can I at least get a Carson Wentz fathead? They have to be on clearance by now 

Dick’s sports was having a massive flash sale on eagles stuff :angel

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

@In2football

Saints 28, Eagles 10

I think the Saints will start that goof Taysom Hill at QB, so there won’t be any repeat of the 48-7 shellacking.  Why bring Drew Brees back to start against this Eagles team?

I just want to see an Eagles player hit Hill the same way Isiah Simmons corked Newton 

I think the Saints could bring them back. I know the following week they play the Chiefs. Could see them trying to get him snaps and reps with his WRs heading into that contest so it’s not his first game back and asking him to just jump in and play at the level they need him to. I think it’s more along the lines of how far along are brees’ fractured ribs. 

@In2football

Saints 52

Eagle 23

No chance Punchable Face Man takes his foot off our necks. It's going to be a much worse bloodbath than our previous losses.

Guest justrelax
22 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Are you still comfortable with a Dillard-Seumalo-Kelce-Brooks-Johnson OL for next season with Driscoll and Mailata backing up, or do you feel the Eagles should draft OL in Round 1 or 2?

Pretty sure I asked you this earlier in the season — just curious if you’ve changed your position based on present status.

Yes, I think that would be a pretty good line.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think the Saints could bring them back. I know the following week they play the Chiefs. Could see them trying to get him snaps and reps with his WRs heading into that contest so it’s not his first game back and asking him to just jump in and play at the level they need him to. I think it’s more along the lines of how far along are brees’ fractured ribs. 

Yep.  We are the preseason game for their KC matchup.  

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Dick’s sports was having a massive flash sale on eagles stuff :angel

Wish they had that sale when we went back to the Philly area to visit back in October.  I ended up paying close to $80 for a nice, official Eagles hoodie/sweatshirt (similar to the one the coaches wear)....probably would have been 50% off now. :lol:

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

Yes, I think that would be a pretty good line.

Lane and Brooks are coming off two serious injuries and this is Brooks' second major leg injury. They need to address the OL early and often.  If the OL is good, then everything else looks better from QB, WR, running game, etc.

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I remember when dillard went down and howie and co were debating whether or not to put Peters out at LT and I remember thinking this isn't a difficult decision. Mailata at some point needs to play put him at LT keep peters at RG and roll with it.

Instead of course they paid peters to pay at LT he predictably sucked at which point they put Mailata in as a last resort and he's shown to be way better than Peters and better than anything dillard ever showed.

Mailata has had some rough patches and he's gotten better and looks like a promising Young OT going forward.

Move seumalo over to RG, going forward I can't see any reason to put Mailata on the Bench next year

I would actually cross train one of them so that if lane Johnson’s body continue to deteriorate and he isn’t able to play at the level we’ve grown a custom to that you may have his potential replacement on the roster. I love Lane and his contract makes it so he’s here likely through 2022 but I’m not sure how much he has left in that body. It’s been eight years in the league. And last three seasons he’s had injuries. I’m hoping this surgery fixes the major problem that he has had. But I don’t think it’s a given you could just rely on him to be what he was three or four years ago. I’d like to see if mailata wins and seizes the LT job they cross train dillard 

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

if sproles hadn't retired and was out on the market, i would bet a fortune this f.o. would somehow convince themselves he would be the answer to the running game woes.  howie would pay him something exorbitant to make sure we cannot get away from it for another year or two without destroying our cap.

somehow this f.o. cannot seem to let go of a player's past accomplishments and see them for what they are today..  a shell with the nameplate of a once elite player on the back of their jersey.  

Mailata should be our LT moving forward. No offense to Dillard, but Mailata at his best theoretical potential will always be better than Andre.

10 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

@In2football

Saints 52

Eagle 23

No chance Punchable Face Man takes his foot off our necks. It's going to be a much worse bloodbath than our previous losses.

I'm not sure they get that many against us.  Our defense seems to be better than the last time we played them, tbh.

Just now, Ace Nova said:

Wish they had that sale when we went back to the Philly area to visit back in October.  I ended up paying close to $80 for a nice, official Eagles hoodie/sweatshirt (similar to the one the coaches wear)....probably would have been 50% off now. :lol:

fanatics from now until day before Xmas basically hve sales on almost everything and even sometimes the brand new stuff like the sixers city edition hats and shirts were on sale the other day. Dick’s sports around this time tends to follow what fanatics does. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Mailata should be our LT moving forward. No offense to Dillard, but Mailata at his best theoretical potential will always be better than Andre.

these days, i pretend mailata was our first round pick and dillard was our seventh round pick. 

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Copies of the pictures Howie Roseman has in his desk that allow him to still have a job.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think part of the problem of why you’re not seeing his explosiveness is twofold.

One I don’t think the offense as a whole is good enough and our quarterback play at times has not been good enough to exploit that part of his game.

two, I also think he’s not running very consistent routes. His route running one play can look fantastic and then the next play it could look very lazy and sloppy. coming out of the draft this was something that was talked about. he wasn’t a polished route runner coming out of TCU offense.  To me if you wanted the plug and play start from day one guy then they should’ve went Justin Jefferson. He could come in at worse in the slot and be productive. I thought he was a more polished player at the time he came out then reagor was. If you wanted potential to get what you had in DeSean Jackson then you would go Reagor but he wasn’t close to being a Uber productive day 1 starter and needed more time then the guys who went before him and jefferson. 

There's no debate about that.  Not even close to a comparison.

I think there's a lot of merit to @ManuManu's suggestion that Reagor is thinking about stuff too much.  Which will always slow you down.  But, his routes do look very sloppy and that can only be fixed in the offseason.  I hope the Eagles get him a WR coach to work with during the offseason to work on these things.

5 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Cant throw interceptions,  if you dont throw it  LOL

I feel bad for Russell Wilson Because he had a stretch where he had a bunch of turnovers because their defense was so bad that he was trying to make plays to score because he basically had to score every single time because they were giving up points every single time. Then his interception yesterday hit the guy in the hands and he just dropped it and went right to the giants. 

I don’t know what’s going on with the Seahawks. Their offense was great the first two months of the season but their defense was got awful. And then they fixed the defense to be competent and now the offense has regressed to not that good. 

Archived