EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

19 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I don’t get bashing Hurts stats when it was his first game and is a rookie? Lol they are better stats than fake franchise Wentz at that? Lmao

No one is bashing Hurts but if you think the problem has been just Wentz then you haven't been watching this team. 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

You obviously know nothing about football. I'm not joking or being sarcastic. If your take away of David Carr's career is that he was "fake franchise" they you are absolutely clueless or immensely dense or obtuse beyond reason.

Every single one of his comments are as negative towards the players and organization as possible.  The ignore feature ....... 

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

I see no reason why they should move on from Sanders. He's still on his rookie deal.  I agree about Ertz.  I think they can't move on from Cox, Hargrave or Lane this offseason because of the salary cap hits.  With respect to Lane, I think his ankle injury may be more concerning than his salary cap hit in terms of a return to form.  McLeod is only on a 2 year deal so there's no reason to get rid of him going into 2021.  Slay could be traded but again I think they are stuck with him next season.  

The alternative is that Hurts comes in and looks reasonable.  Brooks returns and adds stability to the o-line next season and they win the division.  

Nah... if we are blowing it up.. blow it up and build it properly from the ground up.  In this case, winning this crap division is just some pyrite.   There's no 'there' there.  Besides... I don't think winning this division will be that easy next year anyway.  I think the Giants could legitimately be a 9 or 10 win team, and likely better than the Eagles by a decent amount... might even sweep them.  So, I just don't see the logic in the duct tape repair approach.  That's been the approach since the Super Bowl.   It's failed.  There's not that much left of original parts to even attach the duct tape to any more.  Strip it down and do it right.

29 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

They say the BU QB is always the fan favorite.

If Wentz gets benched and is the BU will that apply to him?

It will soon enough

Just wait, people dont want to acknowledge that the team is garbage from A to Z until theyre forced to.  I know I resisted until a couple weeks ago

48 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

The issue will be you can build a good team without a QB, and you will NEVER be in position to get that good QB. 

You need the good QB first, then build your team. 

Did the Chiefs have a good team when they drafted Mahomes? 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Peters at RG is a complete failure. He needs to be benched

IR him. Poach an OL from another team. 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I can get behind that logic... but I see Najee Harris in the Derrick Henry mold.   But, that's fair enough.   I can satisfy myself with Kylin Hill later.   But, either way, I want a back with some power.

Nor do I, which is why I never saw Hurts as a future franchise QB.

Yeah I really didn’t see him as a Russell Wilson quarterback like the Eagles were trying to make him out to be when they drafted them.

There’s only one Russell Wilson in this league. I love watching him but everyone who tries to replicate that is going to fail. Look at the Arizona Cardinals right now, Kyler Murray is struggling over the last 4 weeks. He’s had some garbage time stats yesterday that made his statistics look better for fantasy football but over the last 4 weeks that team and he has regressed. If it wasn’t for a Hail Mary by DeAndre Hopkins that team has lost five in a row and Kyler Murray has regressed each week over the last four.  The league is going to catch up with you it’s always about how you adjust to the adjustment to what you are doing. 

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

When you do not have a Franchise QB, you MUST keep trying to get one, or you will NEVER have one. 

The only way you dont take a QB in the top 5 of the draft is if you already have your Franchise QB.  We had one, we killed him, we now need one. 

You only take a top 5 QB if the QB in the top 5 warrants that selection.  Mitch Trubisky, Blake Bortles, and plenty of others would show you that just because the player is taken in that position by a desperate team, doesn't mean it's a good decision.    You take the players that will be foundational to the long term success of the team in the top 5.  QB is an obvious choice, but no less foundational, really... is a LT stud, or a DE that can take over a game.   

If you can put the pieces around the QB... then you can make the big play for a stud QB at the right time when the opportunity presents itself.  Patrick Mahomes was not a top 5 QB, he went #10.  Brees was a second round pick, then a free agent.  Rodgers lasted until late first round.   Its not easy to get that QB later in the draft... but its possible and if you have a decent foundation to plug them in to, they will have more success as well.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If you watch the coaching tape from last weeks game the final three drives him and Matt pryor are god awful. And I’m not just saying they’re awful, they are god awful on those last three drives. Pryor was giving up pressure every other play on those last three drives. Jason peters was not much better.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

56 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Look I love Wentz, but he has to go now - you told him that when you benched him, that you no longer have confidence he can be that guy.

. We NOW need a franchise QB, and you dont always get the chance to draft one. Needing one and being in position to draft one, usually never lines up.  So You have to do that when you have a top 5 pick, unless you already have one. 

We dont have one, we will be drafting in the top 5.  We HAVE to take one. Trying to build the team first, than hoping you can get back into a top 5 pick in the draft RARELY works out. You are usually drafting in the mid rounds and miss out on all the best QB's

You don't take a 2nd or 3rd round talent QB in the top 5 just because you are there, or else you end up like the Cleveland Browns from 1999-2019....  

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah... if we are blowing it up.. blow it up and build it properly from the ground up.  In this case, winning this crap division is just some pyrite.   There's no 'there' there.  Besides... I don't think winning this division will be that easy next year anyway.  I think the Giants could legitimately be a 9 or 10 win team, and likely better than the Eagles by a decent amount... might even sweep them.  So, I just don't see the logic in the duct tape repair approach.  That's been the approach since the Super Bowl.   It's failed.  There's not that much left of original parts to even attach the duct tape to any more.  Strip it down and do it right.

I agree the duct tape and veteran player approach has failed. I just don't think the team can move on from many of it's veterans until after 2021.  The other problem they have is that if Hurts or Wentz is the guy, you don't want them playing behind trash.  I mean arguably the problems they have had this season have been because the o-line has failed to protect Wentz.  Wentz has regressed and doesn't keep his eyes downfield because his pocket collapses too quickly.  So ruining Wentz or Hurts, if he is the future, does not help the long term of the team unless you want the team to bottom out over the next 5 seasons. 

5 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Did the Chiefs have a good team when they drafted Mahomes? 

Just saying the cowboys had pieces on that treat when they selected Dak. They still suck but he was able to have the success he did early cause the offense was built up when he walked into it. 

I would also argue whoever the Colts eventually land on at quarterback is walking into a great situation. Ol is great, Good young weapons on offense any defense that is top five in the league

Just now, metal said:

If the coaching staff has any job security past this season, it's painfully obvious Peters and Jeffery need to be done.

Someone a few pages back said that JJAW is a better option than Alshon.  Not sure if it was meant to be 100% serious -- but JJAW is clearly a better player than Jeffery at this point.

36 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Of course you have to like the QB you are taking. Thats a given. I'm telling you the reality, without a franchise QB you have nothing. How many times do you get a top 5 draft pick? 

When you dont have a franchise QB, you HAVE to make that your priority. This is supposedly a rich QB draft, YOU HAVE TO identify and go get your target. Making the team better before you have a franchise QB will only make it harder to get your franchise QB. 

Thats just the reality. 

There are a lot of names at the QB position.  I'm not sure there's a lot of talent there.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah I really didn’t see him as a Russell Wilson quarterback like the Eagles were trying to make him out to be when they drafted them.

There’s only one Russell Wilson in this league. I love watching him but everyone who tries to replicate that is going to fail. Look at the Arizona Cardinals right now, Kyler Murray is struggling over the last 4 weeks. He’s had some garbage time stats yesterday that made his statistics look better for fantasy football but over the last 4 weeks that team and he has regressed. If it wasn’t for a Hail Mary by DeAndre Hopkins that team has lost five in a row and Kyler Murray has regressed each week over the last four.  The league is going to catch up with you it’s always about how you adjust to the adjustment to what you are doing. 

The comparison I thought I saw for Hurts was Dak Prescott.  I think that's kind of how he looked.  Granted Dak has played better than Wentz.  

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

If the coaching staff has any job security past this season, it's painfully obvious Peters and Jeffery need to be done.

Someone a few pages back said that JJAW is a better option than Alshon.  Not sure if it was meant to be 100% serious -- but JJAW is clearly a better player than Jeffery at this point.

It isn’t just about the bad play from Alshon or that he doesn’t look good at all or contributing nothing, he commits an offensive pass interference and then you see him on the sideline right after the play chuckling about it.  It is so obvious that he’s checked out. There was a play when I went back and watch it on the game pass where he doesn’t do anything. He takes a step back from the line and just watched the play from afar. Just cut them and move on already. Grow a pair of Fing testicles and do what another organization would’ve done weeks ago

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup... Track meet offense is the new path in the NFL.  Being a tough defensive team isn't in vogue, nor does it seem like it works very well.   It all seems to come down to the last possession and maybe a few splash defensive plays.  You don't need a defense that can stop the opponent, just one that can create some turnovers and buckle down in the red zone... if you have an offense that can score with anybody.

I don't think enough people realize this is the today's new NFL.  It's what Roger and the owners want and it's what the fantasy fanatics want as well.  The rules are now tilted to favour the O, especially the WRs.  The time of the lockdown CB is at an end as are dominant stifling Ds.  In today's NFL you need a really good O that can put up points, preferably TDs over FGs so RZ and/or big play efficiency, and you're D can be bend but don't break but does have to be good at creating TOs.  Winning the TO battle and getting a couple extra possessions to a really good O is how to win games.  This is a big problem with our current D is that we don't have 1 single playmaker on it.  Name 1 player on D you would think of who could get us a TO in a big spot?  Our 2017 D wasn't some shutdown D, but they did create a lot of TOs, 31 of them (for a +11 on the takeaway/giveaway).  The past 3 seasons we've had 17 (-6), 20 (-3) and 11 in 12 games this season (-11).  Build a high powered O that can put up points and build an opportunistic D that can create TOs and that's a consistent winning formula now.

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The comparison I thought I saw for Hurts was Dak Prescott.  I think that's kind of how he looked.  Granted Dak has played better than Wentz.  

RG3 is a better comparison.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gross. He's really tarnishing his legacy at this point.

The Eagles didn't want him this season....now we know why.  

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

You have already Killed Wentz's future here. He now has to go.  He will still turn out good, just now somewhere else. 

Until you get that next Franchise QB, you are building nothing.  A good team without a Franchise QB is just a mediocre team. Since the QB is the hardest piece to get, and the most important piece, you must keep trying to locate that piece, must never stop, until you have one. 

Then fix Wentz. 

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don’t think it’s a bad comparison. I do think that Prescott walked into a perfect situation with Dallas. Have to remember dak was drafted that offense was built up because Tony Romo was there and they were trying to go all in and win title before he retired. The reason why they were so bad in 2015 was because Romo got hurt. Otherwise they were an OK football team. They might not of been a Super Bowl contender but they had the offensive line built up, they had good wide receivers and they drafted zeke (wrong pick should’ve went Ramsey but different story for another day).

Jalen hurts isn’t getting that.  like I legitimately fear for him in that Saints game next week. When I see the Saints the defense is playing at a elite level. Their defense has been ridiculously good and not just good great over the last seven weeks. And really over the last five weeks. Like the Eagles have not been annihilated in the last two games. Frankly because I don’t think the Packers or the Seahawks are as good as the Saints when Drew Brees is completely healthy. I think if whoever you want at quarterback with this roster against the Saints (if Drew Brees is playing) they’re going to get destroyed. Like I’m talking 45-10. 

Archived