Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

24 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

so twd is on hiatus or something?  wtf?

Until like February - they've been doing this for a while.  Have part 1, take an extended break, then have part 2.  I think this season has 3 parts, though - guessing maybe part 3 will tie all three crap shows together into one mega crapfest? 

Anybody catch the last five seconds of World Beyond?

**Spoiler:  they made a connection to another show.**

btw, World Beyond is basically a teen drama.  Shoulda called it One Tree Hilltop

• Haha 2

On 10/25/2021 at 1:43 PM, SPIDER-MAN said:

For the first time ever I'm behind on the last 4 episodes. Usually I would watch them Monday, but I have no desire to see how this ends. I just don't care anymore.

same here. Watched since season 1 and just dont have any urge to watch. From reading here, im glad I didnt watch because it appears to be a flop of poop 

8 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

btw, World Beyond is basically a teen drama.  Shoulda called it One Tree Hilltop

Jadis will expound on her recent history in the next episode. Her and Huck go back pre-twd and her time at the trash heap.  They’ll make reference to Rick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

Jadis will expound on her recent history in the next episode. Her and Huck go back pre-twd and her time at the trash heap.  They’ll make reference to Rick. 

I can dig it.  I’m not really that into the current storyline, but any Rick Grimes stuff might be pretty cool.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:52 AM, DBW said:

Amazing that they can survive a post nuke apocalypse now.  Like they should all be really dead at this point.  

Speaking of which...... Pretty much every nuclear power plant in the world would have probably melted down by now. 

Pretty much half of the country would be uninhabitable. 

Even the states without power plants would probably get wind carried radiation from the West Coast plants 

power-reactors-operating.thumb.png.eadca567633c4f5bda9bb89b525b8b29.png

On 11/2/2021 at 11:59 PM, Dave Moss said:

I haven't watched this weeks episode yet but a Chad Michael Murray joke was going to be next on my list so well played 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mat said:

I haven't watched this weeks episode yet but a Chad Michael Murray joke was going to be next on my list so well played 

There’s nothing about Hilltop, that was just what popped into my head.  The very last shot in this week’s episode somebody in the CRM flips up their helmet and it’s Jadis.

Another cool little crossover Easter egg….there’s a dr teaching a class at the crm research facility in world beyond.  That dr is dr Ellis, the leader of the human genome project and the guy Eugene lied about being his boss on TWD.   

• Haha 1

In the new episode of World Beyond Jadis tells Huck a little about her life before coming to the CRM six years ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

In the new episode of World Beyond Jadis tells Huck a little about her life before coming to the CRM six years ago.

With her and the not so shocking reveal, it was easily was the best episode of this entire series.  

Meanwhile on Fear, morgan promises to build something that matter, something better, for the 100th time.  

• 2 weeks later...

I still havent watched any new season episodes and cant muster up the motivation to do so, BUT I did restart season 1 and holy S i forgot how good it is. Some of the effects arent as pretty as newer episodes, but the actual story and characters are amazing and I forgot how good it was. 

13 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

I still havent watched any new season episodes and cant muster up the motivation to do so, BUT I did restart season 1 and holy S i forgot how good it is. Some of the effects arent as pretty as newer episodes, but the actual story and characters are amazing and I forgot how good it was. 

I know it's a zombie show, but it was actually realistic.... 

Now, it's just so over the top and "comic book-y" 

I bet 95% of the people who watch the show have never and will never read the comics, yet they kept trying to force-feed us **** cartoonish characters like Ezekiel. 

Yet, they decided to MASSIVELY deviate from the comics when it comes to characters that matter like Carl and Andrea. 

It just doesn't make sense 

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I know it's a zombie show, but it was actually realistic.... 

Now, it's just so over the top and "comic book-y" 

I bet 95% of the people who watch the show have never and will never read the comics, yet they kept trying to force-feed us **** cartoonish characters like Ezekiel. 

Yet, they decided to MASSIVELY deviate from the comics when it comes to characters that matter like Carl and Andrea. 

It just doesn't make sense 

I have not read any of the comics or followed how it differs from the show but i have read alot of people saying that the show is letting down the comic books as the comic books had major plots to solidify the story and the show didnt follow them. I definitely cant comment on that but i can see the quality of work the show has over the 10+ seasons and how the writers from the earlier seasons were much better

On 11/18/2021 at 7:21 AM, Wormlegs said:

I have not read any of the comics or followed how it differs from the show but i have read alot of people saying that the show is letting down the comic books as the comic books had major plots to solidify the story and the show didnt follow them. I definitely cant comment on that but i can see the quality of work the show has over the 10+ seasons and how the writers from the earlier seasons were much better

Frank Darabont, who directed The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, was the original showrunner for Season 1 and was fired before Season 2 due to ongoing arguments with the network over creative and budget decisions. 

Glen Mazzara was the show runner for seasons 2 and 3. 

Scott Gimple took over starting in Season 4 and that's when things started to creep downhill...... He was a comic book guy and that's when the show started getting corny 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 11:15 AM, DBW said:

craps getting real with 3 episodes left of high school dead.  

Last weeks episode really played up the CRM having a rogue military.  

Also, Jadis went full Governor using a walker to kill that female doctor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Last weeks episode really played up the CRM having a rogue military.  

Also, Jadis went full Governor using a walker to kill that female doctor

yeah and the crazy thing is for like 10 years nobody has ever seen or heard the helicopters or been exposed to the radiation from nukes that teddy dropped.  They want to make it a "universe” but nothing is really tying together as nicely as they pretend it is.  😆  The two other shows were an epic blunder.  

• Like 1

Jadis trying to sniff out the conspiracy against the CRM with only 2 episodes left in World Beyond.  

No Rick sightings or Rick news yet

Not that anyone cares about Fear, but there was an Alicia sighting at the end of the episode on Sunday. Padre is top secret government program, not a person or place.   Morgan poisoned Victor after he let him in to see June, baby was sick.  He didn't die, but there was lots of dumb conversations - and he didn't kill Morgan after he found out it was Morgan who  still had poison dye on his hand-------------all while both of them were handling the baby!.  Really terrible they think the audience isn't paying attention!!!  The Stalker group that Alicia is with was launching explosive walkers up at the tower from some guy called Arnold wanted a new home for his group and Strand said no.  

It is the worst of the 3 shows. 

15 minutes ago, DiPros said:

Not that anyone cares about Fear, but there was an Alicia sighting at the end of the episode on Sunday. Padre is top secret government program, not a person or place.   Morgan poisoned Victor after he let him in to see June, baby was sick.  He didn't die, but there was lots of dumb conversations - and he didn't kill Morgan after he found out it was Morgan who  still had poison dye on his hand-------------all while both of them were handling the baby!.  Really terrible they think the audience isn't paying attention!!!  The Stalker group that Alicia is with was launching explosive walkers up at the tower from some guy called Arnold wanted a new home for his group and Strand said no.  

It is the worst of the 3 shows. 

I gotta say though that the walker trebuchet was creative.  That’s something we’ve never seen before.  So at least they’re trying new things on that show.

I missed the part where they said padre was a govt program.  

I started losing interest in the main show around the time Fear started. 

I tried, but I couldn't get into it. 

Thanks god the high school dead is over. They set up more future story with Jada though. I haven’t watched talking dead yet but some big announcement on there, I’m guessing it’s the jada and Rick movies.

fear is getting utterly dumb too. Just kill strand already…set up for Alicia to do that in the second half of the season.