Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

42 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I think with solid offensive line play and a capable team around him, he can be a 10-12 win QB.  Once you start taking pieces away from him, that number quickly turns into an 8-9 win QB, imo. 

Yeah it’s plausible that he could be a 10-12 win type QB consistently with a lot of talent around him. The same could be said for a lot of guys in the league. Unfortunately with the cap the way it is in the NFL you aren’t always going to get that type of help. As such the Eagles  need him to be special without it. If he can’t be special then he at least needs to be consistent and he absolutely needs to stay healthy. He hasn’t been nearly consistent or healthy enough for the Eagles.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

He is the first QB in NFL history to throw for over 4,000 yards and having no WR have more then 500 yards receiving?

The Eagles had to maintain long sustained drives all of last year because of of the lack of playmakers on the outside. That is very difficult to do in the NFL.

Complaining about the division being weak is an excuse. The Patriots won Super Bowl after Super Bowl with the worst division in all of football for years. Nobody is taking away from their wins because Miami, NY and Buffalo have been so terrible.

It's a meaningless stat, Zach Ertz is far and away our leading receiver since Wentz arrived, nobody on the outside has broken 900 yards, the closest a player called a receiver got to a thousand yards was when Jordan Matthews was a 6'3 slot receiver beating up on nickel corners and linebackers in '16.

A couple of offenses now have a dominant tight end and a slot guy going over 600 yards with true wideouts going for 500-750, New England with Gronk and Edelman were the pioneers, the 49er's is like that with Kittle and Deebo Samuel, Kansas were in Mahomes first couple of year but now Hill lines up all over the place, in our offense last year Goedert got the slot yardage, the previous 2 years Agholor went for 700 odd yards.

All last years stats mean is he threw to his Tight Ends a lot as per and had a selection of receivers playing outside for a couple of games here and there.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:09 AM, 315Eagles said:

I hope that DP has already been doing that.  If not then he is a bigger problem.

Honestly DP is just as much of the problem. He tells his QB to be aggressive so he goes out there thinking he needs a touchdown on every play. 

42 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz isn’t terrible and I’ve never stated that. He’s just not the guy everyone thought he was. Frankly with all of the things everyone claims he needs (elite receivers, elite run game, elite line, and elite coaches) in order for him to be called elite I don’t see how anyone can claim he is elite. The NFL is a team sport, but it’s not lost on me the Eagles are 14-14 in Carson’s last 28 starts. It’s also not lost on me that in 2018 after Carson got the team to 5-6, Foles came in and took that team to the playoffs and won a playoff game. Meanwhile every season Carson has been in the league he’s been injured and he’s finished his last three season with an injury. You can’t talk about winning Super Bowls with a guy who can’t stay on the field.

I agree with all this.

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

So now you are a liar and a whiner? You are pathetic. I'm done with you. Go be miserable somewhere else. I'll pull for the QB on my team. You have fun complaining. Pathetic. 

On a side note I honestly do not get your logic. The Eagles get beat in a game they had control of and you’re happy cause they have a "franchise quarterback.” If this is how you think you’re not an Eagles fan. You’re a Carson Wentz fan, and that okay just own it. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah it’s plausible that he could be a 10-12 win type QB consistently with a lot of talent around him. The same could be said for a lot of guys in the league. Unfortunately with the cap the way it is in the NFL you aren’t always going to get that type of help. As such the Eagles  need him to be special without it. If he can’t be special then he at least needs to be consistent and he absolutely needs to stay healthy. He hasn’t been nearly consistent or healthy enough for the Eagles.

nope and the only reason he was so good in 2017 was because of his legs after the knee injury, he's an average qb like mcnabb when he tore his knee and i was a big mcnabb fan.

4 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

nope and the only reason he was so good in 2017 was because of his legs after the knee injury, he's an average qb like mcnabb when he tore his knee and i was a big mcnabb fan.

His mobility was a big part of his game. He doesn’t seem to have the burst he used to have. I don’t know if that’s due to play calling or the injuries. I surely hope he has a bounce back game against the Rams. One thing is certain and that’s if he doesn’t get that ball out quickly in that game he might not finish it. 

19 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The big problem was losing Brooks, we couldn't get a run game going at all once he went out,  like you I struggle to believe even if we snuck past New Orleans we'd have had enough to get past Aaron Donald and the Rams in the Conference Championship.

The Rams would have been tough. I did go to the Rams game Dec 16 in the regular season at the Coliseum when the Eagles won 30-23. So it would have been more like a home Eagles game as over 60% of the crowd were Eagles fans. But yes Brooks been out would have been tough and I forgot the other injuries in the Saints game. I just remembered that the Eagles probably lost the Saints game primarily due to injuries , the Nick Foles  INT to go for the big lead, and Payton calling the 4th down fake punt and converting. Still that Alshon drop chance at the end to get the 1st Down and near the red zone stays in mind. But it would have been cool to have had that SB rematch with the Pats if everything had aligned...

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Anyone who wants to act like Wentz could do no wrong should look at the sequence of this play. The Eagles tried to run a screen and it got blown up, but Carson still had Jackson (at the top as an outlet who was covered by a linebacker) but he never looked his way. A blown screen and he’s looking downfield? He then began his usual fake pump fake run garbage (never once looked Jackson’s way) ran up the field and got pummeled by two WFT players. A sack completely on him trying to play hero ball. 

C1612D1B-D429-43A5-BD12-0A6858926FDB.jpeg

8D85DE30-5660-4C66-8818-844A6E0EF03F.jpeg

D2726616-A1A4-4BC5-B062-E3B68CE0D2F7.jpeg

F. Its Vick all over again.

21 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

F. Its Vick all over again.

Not for nothing but Jason Peters.... What the heck is he doing here???

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know, right? Jeez, the team must hate this QB, as evidenced by the backstabbing from last season and the lack of effort on Sunday.

I saw Ertz and a couple of the rookies make business decisions on some of those throws against Washington.

1 minute ago, Madriver said:

I know, right? Jeez, the team must hate this QB, as evidenced by the backstabbing from last season and the lack of effort on Sunday.

I saw Ertz and a couple of the rookies make business decisions on some of those throws against Washington.

Peters on this play is literally looking at Wentz the whole time. 😂 He’s the only linemen looking like he’s about to catch a pass. On a side note I ain’t mad for no player making a business decision when it comes to some of those Wentz passes. He sets people up for the kill. 

On 9/13/2020 at 10:52 PM, D-Shiznit said:

When he's not injured, he's erratic, when he's not erratic, he's being called out by his teammates, when he's not being called out by his teammates, he's injured. It's a vicious cycle that I have just about had enough of.

The Jalen Hurt pick is looking less stupid by the day

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Soooo, McNabb > Wentz?

It was never a debate to me even when Wentz was playing well. Eagles fans forget McNabb was at the top of the NFC for years. 

22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Peters on this play is literally looking at Wentz the whole time. 😂 He’s the only linemen looking like he’s about to catch a pass. On a side note I ain’t mad for no player making a business decision when it comes to some of those Wentz passes. He sets people up for the kill. 

Peters has not given a sheet in a long time and hasn't been able to live up to his previous billing in a long arse time. This is why have wished they moved on from him way before Dillard. 

On 9/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, Robmarina9 said:

The Rams would have been tough. I did go to the Rams game Dec 16 in the regular season at the Coliseum when the Eagles won 30-23. So it would have been more like a home Eagles game as over 60% of the crowd were Eagles fans. But yes Brooks been out would have been tough and I forgot the other injuries in the Saints game. I just remembered that the Eagles probably lost the Saints game primarily due to injuries , the Nick Foles  INT to go for the big lead, and Payton calling the 4th down fake punt and converting. Still that Alshon drop chance at the end to get the 1st Down and near the red zone stays in mind. But it would have been cool to have had that SB rematch with the Pats if everything had aligned...

I still don't know why they didn't just let the clock tick to the 2 min warning. They seemed so frantic tryna get that play off it never made sense to me

23 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Deciding what he's going to make for dinner.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Peters has not given a sheet in a long time and hasn't been able to live up to his previous billing in a long arse time. This is why have wished they moved on from him way before Dillard. 

I’ve wanted Peters gone for sometime also, but I’m not that sold on Dillard either. 

3 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

It was never a debate to me even when Wentz was playing well. Eagles fans forget McNabb was at the top of the NFC for years. 

The most underrated aspect of McNabb's game:  That dude protected the ball with his life.  

0-2 I want Lawrence I’m done 

it’s make or break this week 

6 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

0-2 I want Lawrence I’m done 

it’s make or break this week 

Amen borther, Amen.

Archived