Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

7 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

For the first half of his career oh yes the hell he DID have bums around him....dont you remember AR refused to run?? He had TO all of ONE season.....lets not act like he had Djax for so long...

So you're right.  McNabb carried them on his back all by himself his first 4 years 😄.  Carried the team to numerous, consecutive NFCCG's.  Nobody else did anything, just him.  It's a damn shame he didnt win MVP for 4 straight years.  McNabb was robbed for sure.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Right now, Wentz is like a hybrid of Favre with the pocket awareness of Kerry Collins. 

That hybrid should have included Tim Tebow concerning accuracy.

2 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

You think McNabb had T.O throughout his career? LOL

Making stuff up I see. 

So should I not include T.O. because it was only 1 year?  Would that make your argument look better?

5 hours ago, T-1000 said:

A better offensive line and better weapons isn't going to change the things about Wentz which are holding him back from being an elite QB. Injuries, decision making, pocket presence, and inconsistency as a passer. It's year five, he is what he is. He has elite level talent, can look elite for stretches, but overall is a very good QB who will tease and frustrate the hell out of you. They could absolutely win a SB with Wentz. However, he'd had to have one of his hot stretches during a playoff run, and even then it's going to be tough considering he is being paid so much and the team can't supplement the roster with cheap talent by drafting well.

Well said.  Agreed 100%.

8 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

So you're right.  McNabb carried them on his back all by himself his first 4 years 😄.  Carried the team to numerous, consecutive NFCCG's.  Nobody else did anything, just him.  It's a damn shame he didnt win MVP for 4 straight years.  McNabb was robbed for sure.

Andy just didn't get it, all it would have taken was 1 true NO.1 WR to be with DMac during those 4 straight years and it would have been atleast 1 more Superbowl today...

Wow....even Orlovsky ripped Wentz blaming the loss solely on him.  I thought for sure he'd blame the O-line.  Glad he's being objective.

I'm sure in a few weeks, we will have some perspective with the Wash DL

2 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

I'm sure in a few weeks, we will have some perspective with the Wash DL

they have a good dline, no doubt. But not as good as the 8 sacks stat. 5 of those easily were solely on Wentz. Yes he also escaped a few. But that's his mentality. Unfortunately it has caused more harm than good last game, and most others come to think of it. 

1 minute ago, Eaglesfandan said:

JFC it's week ONE.  Ask me this again after week five and I can give you an honest answer.

WRONG....it's year five. Like I said, time to come clean.

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

WRONG....it's year five. Like I said, time to come clean.

Well I gotta hand it to you.  You are either going to look like a genius or a fing moron lol.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Eaglesfandan said:

Well I gotta hand it to you.  You are either going to look like a genius or a fing moron lol.

spacer.png

Not really. It's extremely obvious at this point that Wentz is a very good QB, but not elite. If you think he's going to do a 360 over night at this point in his career you are setting yourself up for failure. 

One thing I would love to see if it exists is stats on Wentz accuracy throwing targets between the hashes against hitting targets on the outside, it stands out like a sore thumb that our receiving leader all the years he's been here has been either Matthews when he was the lanky slot guy or Zach Ertz.  While our outside guys have struggled to break 750 yards, Alshon Jeffery was better than that when we got him, he was a legit #1 wideout, injuries have taken their toll but he could always make catches.

One play that really stood out for me last year was when we played Seattle, it was windy and yet Russell Wilson dropped a rainbow right down the chimney to Lockett (I think) who was actually covered pretty well, right down the sideline, and I remember trying to think of a time I'd seen Wentz make that sort of throw in even perfect conditions and I couldn't.  I'm not saying he hasn't, just that it's so rare I can't recall.

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

One thing I would love to see if it exists is stats on Wentz accuracy throwing targets between the hashes against hitting targets on the outside, it stands out like a sore thumb that our receiving leader all the years he's been here has been either Matthews when he was the lanky slot guy or Zach Ertz.  While our outside guys have struggled to break 750 yards, Alshon Jeffery was better than that when we got him, he was a legit #1 wideout, injuries have taken their toll but he could always make catches.

One play that really stood out for me last year was when we played Seattle, it was windy and yet Russell Wilson dropped a rainbow right down the chimney to Lockett (I think) who was actually covered pretty well, right down the sideline, and I remember trying to think of a time I'd seen Wentz make that sort of throw in even perfect conditions and I couldn't.  I'm not saying he hasn't, just that it's so rare I can't recall.

Eh, Alshon’s slide started his last two years in Chicago. 

10 minutes ago, nipples said:

Eh, Alshon’s slide started his last two years in Chicago. 

The last two years in Chicago when he went over 800 yards in 8 and 12  games respectively?  1st year here he couldn't break 800 off a full 16 games, no true wideout has since Doug and Wentz arrived, meanwhile Agholor and Matthews had far and away their best NFL years playing Wentz slot receiver.

Dude is just inconsistent. We argued in the boards last year and his fan club went back and forth over it for days, weeks, and then Wentz had a nice run for that last 4 game stretch. Now to be fair, we only see multiple turn over games from Wentz about once or twice a season. So you have to give him that.

But it is time to come clean on him for a lot of things in year 5. Wentz has not been right since 2017. I've heard speculation that it is bc no one coaches him hard like Reich and DiFelipo did. And that he gets treated like the man and franchise behind the scenes. Who really knows?

But dude has either a mental block, or is just trying to do way too much. He was missing throws all over the field with time on Sunday. This hasn't changed. Hell he got Ertz killed with that ish last year.

Wentz in the pocket is not dynamic or spectacular. Most of us can agree. For a large part of that game he looked like a statue. 

I was not and am not expecting much from the team this year. But I think people need to admit to themselves that Carson is just an up and down qb with a high ceiling. It is what it is.

7 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Not really. It's extremely obvious at this point that Wentz is a very good QB, but not elite. If you think he's going to do a 360 over night at this point in his career you are setting yourself up for failure. 

Umm....if one does a 360, doesn't one end up exactly where they started?  Just saying......

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

Umm....if one does a 360, doesn't one end up exactly where they started?  Just saying......

With Wentz that sounds about right though... plays like garbage, then goes on a tear putting together some great games, then right back to playing poorly again. Full 360. 

10 minutes ago, Swoop said:

So what's everyone's solution? We aren't trading Wentz. We aren't firing Pederson. 

So what do you want to do?

If we end this season .500 or below I'm pretty sure one of Doug or Howie is gone.

10 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Making stuff up I see. 

So should I not include T.O. because it was only 1 year?  Would that make your argument look better?

What am I making up? If the one year he had a legit receiver he went to the Super Bowl, yes, you would actually be making my argument better. Carson would never make the NFC championship game with Todd Pinkstons or James Thrash’s. 

21 minutes ago, Swoop said:

So what's everyone's solution? We aren't trading Wentz. We aren't firing Pederson. 

So what do you want to do?

If Wentz gets injured again this year, you bet your butt they are moving on from him. They have too, at that point there is no doubt that he is damaged goods and always will be.

29 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If we end this season .500 or below I'm pretty sure one of Doug or Howie is gone.

I could see Howie getting the boot. He's been here long enough and has us in cap hell.

As far as Doug is concerned, I don't see it. He makes some dumb decisions, but the guy helped us win our first Super Bowl and has made the playoffs every season since, with a crippled roster. Unless there are massive problems, he's staying.

23 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If Wentz gets injured again this year, you bet your butt they are moving on from him. They have too, at that point there is no doubt that he is damaged goods and always will be.

Hence the Hurts pick. 

46 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

What am I making up? If the one year he had a legit receiver he went to the Super Bowl, yes, you would actually be making my argument better. Carson would never make the NFC championship game with Todd Pinkstons or James Thrash’s. 

That I thought McNabb had T.O. throughout his career.  I never said that. But he did have him, even if it was for a little over a year.   T.O. was a top WR at that time and better than any WR Wentz has had to this point.

I love McNabb too.  I can agree that he did some things better than Wentz does.  I just feel 11 is a better QB than 5.  McNabb's career is already set, Wentz is not yet.  We can compare the two after he's done playing.

Archived