Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys that call for getting rid of players, coaches and Howie don't pay attention to Lurie's tenure. 

Head Coach - Doug would need to lose the locker room completely and go under .500.  As it is, he won a SB and has a longer leash.  Despite injuries and supposed SB hangover he made the playoffs 2 years in a row after winning the SB and last year won the division.  Only an idiot would call to fire him after 1 bad sesaon.  They can easily blame injuries, changes in coaching staff, the pandemic.  There is no way they fire Doug after this season unless it's really, really, really bad and the players revolt.  That's not going to happen.

Howie - similar to the above.  Changes in coaching, injuries, they can make the Personnel staff scapegoats, the pandemic...plus with 2021 cap issues they will feel they need his cap skills to get them through it.  The best you can hope for is for them to make him like Joe Banner and only handle the business side and not talent evaluation.  They tried that with Joe Douglas who was an outside guy from a team that drafts well.  If they keep Howie they need to try that again and keep Howie away from talent decisions.

Wentz - with his contract he's going nowhere for now.  They drafted Hurts as "insurance."  We'll see how that plays out but Wentz will remain on the team unless Hurts ends up taking over and playing great. 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You guys that call for getting rid of players, coaches and Howie don't pay attention to Lurie's tenure. 

Head Coach - Doug would need to lose the locker room completely and go under .500.  As it is, he won a SB and has a longer leash.  Despite injuries and supposed SB hangover he made the playoffs 2 years in a row after winning the SB and last year won the division.  Only an idiot would call to fire him after 1 bad sesaon.  They can easily blame injuries, changes in coaching staff, the pandemic.  There is no way they fire Doug after this season unless it's really, really, really bad and the players revolt.  That's not going to happen.

Howie - similar to the above.  Changes in coaching, injuries, they can make the Personnel staff scapegoats, the pandemic...plus with 2021 cap issues they will feel they need his cap skills to get them through it.  The best you can hope for is for them to make him like Joe Banner and only handle the business side and not talent evaluation.  They tried that with Joe Douglas who was an outside guy from a team that drafts well.  If they keep Howie they need to try that again and keep Howie away from talent decisions.

Wentz - with his contract he's going nowhere for now.  They drafted Hurts as "insurance."  We'll see how that plays out but Wentz will remain on the team unless Hurts ends up taking over and playing great. 

Nope must run the team like other successful franchises that want to ditch their GM coach and qb year after year. 

I'm just glad some of you on here have no control over the team. All you want is to bench and fire people. If it was up to alot of you we would have different coaches and QBs every year. That's a sure fire way to success. We had a bad game. Wentz didn't play great. Deal. First game after no preseason with zero protection and zero run game. The real morons are the ones thinking Hurts is all pro or something. Lol. When did some of the fan base become whiny and stupid?

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I'm just glad some of you on here have no control over the team. All you want is to bench and fire people. If it was up to alot of you we would have different coaches and QBs every year. That's a sure fire way to success. We had a bad game. Wentz didn't play great. Deal. First game after no preseason with zero protection and zero run game. The real morons are the ones thinking Hurts is all pro or something. Lol. When did some of the fan base become whiny and stupid?

A majority of them for awhile now. Even the super bowl year they wanted Doug gone after 2 games. 

3 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

They have always been some of the biggest drama queens on the internet.  Injuries are killing this team going on three years now.  I'll wait until week 5 before I make any bold predictions.  Week 1 is called overreaction Monday for a reason.

Remember Carson first season starting, or his rookie year, whatever, dude was calling his own plays at times, at least i thought he was. 

What happened to that? Or is he still? He was like a lil peyton.

6 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Again, I completely agree with you. I am hoping he turns this around....I would love to see 2017 again.....

I dont think we'll ever see that again from him.  What people dont realize as much that 2017 Wentz was scrambling around alot and making plays.  Whether it's by his choice or the coaches, he doesnt run anymore.  That's part of what made him dangerous in 2017.

So yeah, 3 out of 5 are doing jack squat. Wentz absolutely had issues Sunday, but I mean look at this screenshot...I honestly don't even know what to say about that.

29 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

So yeah, 3 out of 5 are doing jack squat. Wentz absolutely had issues Sunday, but I mean look at this screenshot...I honestly don't even know what to say about that.

Driscoll 👍

Thought he did decent, for his first action against a tough line. The rest of the line aside from Seumalo played like crap.

He STILL holds the ball like every down needs to be a 75 yard TD and whats with the constant ducking when there's a rush? Does he want to be brain dead in a few years? 

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So he is just an above average QB that has some flaws that is acceptable and can still win a lot of games. People need to stop acting like him not being a top 3 elite qb is a bad thing. It's not even a little. 

It is a bad thing if this team can't put talent around him on both sides of the ball. I agree you can absolutely compete with an above average, but not elite, QB. San Fran did it last year with Garrapolo, but they have a hell of a lot of talent on that team. We don't and that's the big issue. 

On 9/14/2020 at 2:24 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

My biggest concern is the knee injury in LA ruined Wentz in more ways than one. I’m not looking for a running QB, but prior, he was more apt to use his athleticism when needed and less so since. Further, he not only saw Foles finish the job he started, but one year later, Foles was on the verge of doing it again, and to this day, many are convinced we end up repeating if Alshon hangs on. If Wentz doesn’t have the mental toughness we hope he does, then I don’t see any way that doesn’t have a big time psychological impact on him. 

Just for the record, I thought that if Alshon had held on The Eagles would have likely gone to the SB again. But I do think that there were a lot of  key injuries in that Saints game. I don;t know that the reserves would have been good enough to finish the job in the SB that time

1 hour ago, Robmarina9 said:

Just for the record, I thought that if Alshon had held on The Eagles would have likely gone to the SB again. But I do think that there were a lot of  key injuries in that Saints game. I don;t know that the reserves would have been good enough to finish the job in the SB that time

It’s certainly hard to tell one way or the other. We certainly wouldn’t have been as healthy the 2nd time in LA, and NE’s defense was certainly a lot better in LIII than they were in LII. 

1 hour ago, Robmarina9 said:

The big problem was losing Brooks, we couldn't get a run game going at all once he went out,  like you I struggle to believe even if we snuck past New Orleans we'd have had enough to get past Aaron Donald and the Rams in the Conference Championship.

10 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Remember Carson first season starting, or his rookie year, whatever, dude was calling his own plays at times, at least i thought he was. 

What happened to that? Or is he still? He was like a lil peyton.

Seems like that was decades ago now. 

5 hours ago, Damanick10 said:

He STILL holds the ball like every down needs to be a 75 yard TD and whats with the constant ducking when there's a rush? Does he want to be brain dead in a few years? 

Anyone who wants to act like Wentz could do no wrong should look at the sequence of this play. The Eagles tried to run a screen and it got blown up, but Carson still had Jackson (at the top as an outlet who was covered by a linebacker) but he never looked his way. A blown screen and he’s looking downfield? He then began his usual fake pump fake run garbage (never once looked Jackson’s way) ran up the field and got pummeled by two WFT players. A sack completely on him trying to play hero ball. 

C1612D1B-D429-43A5-BD12-0A6858926FDB.jpeg

8D85DE30-5660-4C66-8818-844A6E0EF03F.jpeg

D2726616-A1A4-4BC5-B062-E3B68CE0D2F7.jpeg

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So he is just an above average QB that has some flaws that is acceptable and can still win a lot of games. People need to stop acting like him not being a top 3 elite qb is a bad thing. It's not even a little. 

Well, if that's the case, I can accept it as a fan, but more importantly, the coaching staff needs to finally accept it and construct the team around him appropriately. But it's still an administrative failure if you're paying an above-average QB top-3 money.

7 hours ago, Damanick10 said:

You’re not allowed to talk about the great one like that. Apparently to some chuckle heads you’re not a real fan unless you’re kissing the arse of the great one. 

19 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Well, if that's the case, I can accept it as a fan, but more importantly, the coaching staff needs to finally accept it and construct the team around him appropriately. But it's still an administrative failure if you're paying an above-average QB top-3 money.

Wentz apparently is 7th on the list for paid quarterbacks. He will likely drop further once more guys get paid. 

42 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Agreed, they need to accept the fact he should not be expected to throw 50 times a game with a broken offensive line and below average weapons. Actually no QB should be throwing that many times especially with the situation they have now

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz apparently is 7th on the list for paid quarterbacks. He will likely drop further once more guys get paid. 

That's surprising. I assumed he was at least top 5.

18 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

That's surprising. I assumed he was at least top 5.

People were saying when he signed the contract it was a bargain for the Eagles. Considering what Mahomes got I guess it was. Still Mahomes is on a different level compared to Wentz. 

I know some of you Wentz apologists cited Dan Orlovsky over and over again as to why everyone was foolish to dare question Carson. Where are you guys now that Danny boy ripped your ginger Jesus? You guys still think his work is sound or have you turned your back on him?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/dan-orlovsky-rips-carson-wentz-says-hes-sole-reason-eagles-lost?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know some of you Wentz apologists cited Dan Orlovsky over and over again as to why everyone was foolish to dare question Carson. Where are you guys now that Danny boy ripped your ginger Jesus? You guys still think his work is sound or have you turned your back on him?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/dan-orlovsky-rips-carson-wentz-says-hes-sole-reason-eagles-lost?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

Gotta ask. Did Wentz like steal your woman or something? Jeez lol. Nobody is saying he had a good game. Down boy. It's one game. No preseason, no online, no RB. 

Archived