Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

31 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Right. Just like the contract hit that was put on SBL and Bobbywizdum for arguing this literally the day after the Super Bowl. :facepalm:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This topic doesn't need to be moved to ATNFL, it's big news when the starting QB gets traded and it's been ongoing discussion.  People will continue to post new topics with anything new about Carson so better to have it contained in one topic.  I removed the "feature" icon at least.  

If you post in here you don't want to see it, it bumps it to the top.  Don't want to see it?    Stop posting in it.  :smoke:

21 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

No, crowing would be my coming here out of nowhere to remind you guys I was right. I replied to a poster wondering why we were still here by giving a simple, direct reason why. You decided to intervene with a lame, salty comment that was laughably indicative of your inability to understand the context and simply make peace with the situation. Then when I explain it to you, you revert back to your previous statement. I guess the truth hurts.

This is also crowing. 

But whatever. Clearly it's a big moment for you. You should probably print out some of your old posts about it and frame them. Pick a fancy font, get some of that expensive paper to do it, and hang it on the bathroom wall opposite your toilet. 

6 minutes ago, wyote said:

This is also crowing. 

But whatever. Clearly it's a big moment for you. You should probably print out some of your old posts about it and frame them. Pick a fancy font, get some of that expensive paper to do it, and hang it on the bathroom wall opposite your toilet. 

SaltyBoi.gif.5eff9e28ee584ad0dfe69453e854da59.gif

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Had you posted this after the SB there would have been a contract hit put on your arse......I'm sure of it!!

I suggested trading Wentz soon after the superbowl,  wanted Wentz traded for a King's ransom and have Foles start. I knew Wentz was not going to work out (We soo could have made the trade, that's the sad part)..

That Downunder guy and Don used to go crazy at me 😂, I suggested a trade of Zach Ertz a few years back because Dallas was coming along nicely and got a similar reaction..

Looking back on it, I was on point, should've traded both, while their values were high. Instead, now you got chicken's feed in return for the demi god while taking on the highest dead money in league history in comparison and most probably will get nothing for Ertz (hope I am wrong)....

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

SaltyBoi.gif.5eff9e28ee584ad0dfe69453e854da59.gif

Oh no, now you've got a clever meme. You're winning the internet lately. 

11 minutes ago, wyote said:

Oh no, now you've got a clever meme. You're winning the internet lately. 

Actually, it's a .gif, so...

15 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Maybe AOL internet doesn’t play it, so it looks like a meme to him.

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Two in a row! 

How many do you need to get an actual prize? 

12 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I suggested trading Wentz soon after the superbowl,  wanted Wentz traded for a King's ransom and have Foles start. I knew Wentz was not going to work out (We soo could have made the trade, that's the sad part)..

That Downunder guy and Don used to go crazy at me 😂, I suggested a trade of Zach Ertz a few years back because Dallas was coming along nicely and got a similar reaction..

Looking back on it, I was on point, should've traded both, while their values were high. Instead, now you got chicken's feed in return for the demi god while taking on the highest dead money in league history in comparison and most probably will get nothing for Ertz (hope I am wrong)....

I think the thing that ultimately ruined Wentz is that he was never made to work for his job back, there was never any question for the Front Office, how do you expect a guy to maintain a work ethic when his job is unquestioned even when his back up comes in and takes the team through the play offs to a Superbowl where he wins MVP.  Wentz never got near what he was in 2017 and certainly never moved forward.  Maybe he does need Reich to get the best out of him, but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it after last year.

25 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think the thing that ultimately ruined Wentz is that he was never made to work for his job back, there was never any question for the Front Office, how do you expect a guy to maintain a work ethic when his job is unquestioned even when his back up comes in and takes the team through the play offs to a Superbowl where he wins MVP.  Wentz never got near what he was in 2017 and certainly never moved forward.  Maybe he does need Reich to get the best out of him, but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it after last year.

Exactly. I think the sense of entitlement was always there, but the FO did everything they could to nurture it.

18 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Exactly. I think the sense of entitlement was always there, but the FO did everything they could to nurture it.

Kind of turned into a Dan Snyder and Rg3 situation.... When the FO from finally made him work for his job he got pissed off. That said I still say that I don't blame any player hating this team after last year though what a sheet show all around. I'm not excusing Wentz just saying even I checked out after week 4 what a miserable miserable team Lurie let this team turn into

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Kind of turned into a Dan Snyder and Rg3 situation.... When the FO from finally made him work for his job he got pissed off. That said I still say that I don't blame any player hating this team after last year though what a sheet show all around. I'm not excusing Wentz just saying even I checked out after week 4 what a miserable miserable team Lurie let this team turn into

The FO still weren’t going to make him work for his job. They fired Doug, gave Wentz a Reich clone, and were clearly going to make him the 2021 starter. Wentz wanted out and they had no choice but to oblige him. If Howie had his choice Wentz would still be here. Their noncommittal attitude towards Hurts so far kind of makes it clear he wasn’t their guy which makes drafting him all the more foolish to begin with. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The FO still weren’t going to make him work for his job. They fired Doug, gave Wentz a Reich clone, and were clearly going to make him the 2021 starter. Wentz wanted out and they had no choice but to oblige him. If Howie had his choice Wentz would still be here. Their noncommittal attitude towards Hurts so far kind of makes it clear he wasn’t their guy which makes drafting him all the more foolish to begin with. 

100% agree. They built this mess, now give Hurts his fair chance. 

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That said I still say that I don't blame any player hating this team after last year though what a sheet show all around.

I can still blame him. The fact is he played like dogsh** for nearly an entire season, but the team STILL kept sending him out there and reassuring him that he would be the the starter long-term. He felt betrayed/slighted? That's some candyass, diva sh** coming from a guy who hadn't even earned hist stripes. It's a loser mentality that reeks of arrogance and emotional insecurity.

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I can still blame him. The fact is he played like dogsh** for nearly an entire season, but the team STILL kept sending him out there and reassuring him that he would be the the starter long-term. He felt betrayed/slighted? That's some candyass, diva sh** coming from a guy who hadn't even earned hist stripes. It reeks of arrogance and emotional insecurity.

I agree but, I still hate them for last year all of them lol. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree but, I still hate them for last year all of them lol. 

Oh, we're allowed to hate them, haha. Wentz is not. They had his back, but he still got his feewings hurt.

Wentzamaniacs begging for the thread to be moved. No one is forcing any of you to post here or is it a case any time someone writes something negative about your boo you gotta defend him? 😂🤣😂

Guy is/was a snapper head 

8 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

It doesn't tell anyone anything, 'it didn't go how we wanted it to'  I'm not being funny a team just ate the biggest dead cap charge in history to be rid of your sorry ass and all you've got to say is it didn't go how we wanted it to and I didn't get bent out of shape with Doug Pederson?  You sure as crap got out of shape with someone, why not tell the truth? Why not put it all on the table, it's not like Irsay is going to cancel your contract if you give Howie, Doug or Jeff a long distance kick in the twig and berries, it's not like you're hoping to come back to Philly one day.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It doesn't tell anyone anything, 'it didn't go how we wanted it to'  I'm not being funny a team just ate the biggest dead cap charge in history to be rid of your sorry ass and all you've got to say is it didn't go how we wanted it to and I didn't get bent out of shape with Doug Pederson?  You sure as crap got out of shape with someone, why not tell the truth? Why not put it all on the table, it's not like Irsay is going to cancel your contract if you give Howie, Doug or Jeff a long distance kick in the twig and berries, it's not like you're hoping to come back to Philly one day.

It was a pretty generic interview... I like the comments of people saying that they didn't think Carson could be the open and that Pat McAfee gets the most out of the guys he interviews...  Like what did they get out of him exactly? He said the same sheet everyone already knew

Archived