Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ShutDownDB said:

So cherry picked 3 weeks worth?  Where one of the weeks Wentz was benched in the 3rd quarter?  Neat.

Season:  Wilson then Wentz

Wilson.PNG

Wentz.PNG

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

So cherry picked 3 weeks worth?  Where one of the weeks Wentz was benched in the 3rd quarter?  Neat.

Season:  Wilson then Wentz

Wilson.PNG

Wentz.PNG

Does Wilson have a different oline every week? Does Wilson have a HC that sticks to the run? Does Wentz have a DK Metcalf or Tyler Lockett? 

Wentz has been bad this year no question, but he is being played as the scapegoat for the whole offense sucking arse.

1 hour ago, ShutDownDB said:

Does Wilson have a different oline every week? Does Wilson have a HC that sticks to the run? Does Wentz have a DK Metcalf or Tyler Lockett? 

Wentz has been bad this year no question, but he is being played as the scapegoat for the whole offense sucking arse.

Against the Giants the Seahawks ran it 22 times, but 7 of those carries were just Wilson runs. They threw it 43 times. They lost. 
Against  the Eagles they ran the ball 30 times, but Wilson was 6 of those carries. They threw the ball 31times. They won.

Against the Cardinals they ran the ball 31 times, but Wilson was 10 of those carries. They threw it 28 times. They won. 
Against the Rams they they ran the ball 22 times, but Wilson was 8 of those carries. They threw it 37 times. They lost.

Against the Bills they ran the ball 17 times, but Wilson was 2 of those carries. They threw the ball 41 times. They lost.

Whats the point? First the idea that Wilson’s team is balanced is false. In most cases Wilson is running on scrambles on passes and not designed run plays. Second (and this is really important for you Wentz protectors) the games where Wilson sees his biggest pass attempts are games when 1) he played poorly and 2) they lost. So I ask how can the Eagles establish a run game when their offense and their quarterback are struggling so bad they get behind two or more scores by the middle of the first half? Even your so called example of a coach keeping balance is false. They don’t keep balance when they’re losing and Wilson himself is a major part of their run game. The Eagles have only three wins and are trying to throw themselves back into most games. Unfortunately the quarterback is struggling to help them get back into those games, just like Wilson struggled in these losses. No matter how you try to sugarcoat it, the Eagles losses and struggles are directly related to the struggles of their quarterback. 

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Against the Giants the Seahawks ran it 22 times, but 7 of those carries were just Wilson runs. They threw it 43 times. They lost. 
Against  the Eagles they ran the ball 30 times, but Wilson was 6 of those carries. They threw the ball 31times. They won.

Against the Cardinals they ran the ball 31 times, but Wilson was 10 of those carries. They threw it 28 times. They won. 
Against the Rams they they ran the ball 22 times, but Wilson was 8 of those carries. They threw it 37 times. They lost.

Against the Bills they ran the ball 17 times, but Wilson was 2 of those carries. They threw the ball 41 times. They lost.

Whats the point? First the idea that Wilson’s team is balanced is false. In most cases Wilson is running on scrambles on passes and not designed run plays. Second (and this is really important for you Wentz protectors) the games where Wilson sees his biggest pass attempts are games when 1) he played poorly and 2) they lost. So I ask how can the Eagles establish a run game when their offense and their quarterback are struggling so bad they get behind two or more scores by the middle of the first half? Even your so called example of a coach keeping balance is false. They don’t keep balance when they’re losing and Wilson himself is a major part of their run game. The Eagles have only three wins and are trying to throw themselves back into most games. Unfortunately the quarterback is struggling to help them get back into those games, just like Wilson struggled in these losses. No matter how you try to sugarcoat it, the Eagles losses and struggles are directly related to the struggles of their quarterback. 

Thought the Seahawks were more often than not more balanced run/pass ratio, my fault on that. However my other points still hold true. What QB could be functional behind an oline that changes weekly? Our leading WR has 467 yards and hasn't had more than 1 or 2 catches in what, a month? How has Doug changed things up to help out his struggling QB? 

Look don't take me as a Wentz fan more than an Eagles fan, he was one of the worst QBs this year. I will, however, still support Wentz because I fear how it would effect this Org if he isn't "the guy."

On 12/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, Mortimer said:

I liked picking a QB, but not where they did.   But if they waited until the 5th round, they could've gotten another Clayton Thorson. 

And that would have been a problem. I thought that when the Eagles drafted Hurts they were looking for an above average backup for a quarterback with a substantial injury history. I'm sure the Eagles were aware of where they would have been if they had Clayton Thorson instead of Nick Foles in 2017 and 2018.

6 hours ago, eglz1 said:

And that would have been a problem. I thought that when the Eagles drafted Hurts they were looking for an above average backup for a quarterback with a substantial injury history. I'm sure the Eagles were aware of where they would have been if they had Clayton Thorson instead of Nick Foles in 2017 and 2018.

The idea of drafting a quarterback in the second thinking he would be a great backup should be more than enough reason for Howie to be fired. Not only did this create a quarterback controversy, it possibly broke his starting quarterback he just paid all this money to. Could have had Jefferson and Chinn with those picks. Arguably the offensive and defensive rookies of the year. What have they gained from drafting a backup quarterback? A controversy, a 3 win team, and the possibility of a lot of people being fired at the end of the season. Great work Howie...

20 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Thought the Seahawks were more often than not more balanced run/pass ratio, my fault on that. However my other points still hold true. What QB could be functional behind an oline that changes weekly? Our leading WR has 467 yards and hasn't had more than 1 or 2 catches in what, a month? How has Doug changed things up to help out his struggling QB? 

Look don't take me as a Wentz fan more than an Eagles fan, he was one of the worst QBs this year. I will, however, still support Wentz because I fear how it would effect this Org if he isn't "the guy."

Doug, Howie, the injuries, the lack of talent, and the inconsistent line play are all factors here. There’s no doubt everyone is at fault here. I blame mostly Howie more than anyone for this mess. Doug and Carson are trying to do the best they can with the crap sandwiches they have been given to by Howie for the last three years. He keeps drafting developmental players, injured guys, and backups with high picks on a roster with glaring needs for starters all around. He’s picked 4 receivers in 2 years and the best guys of the bunch are two practice squad guys off the scrap heap. It’s a total mess and Carson is not the main problem with this team. It’s Howie Roseman and until the owner fixes that problem no coach or quarterback will have sustained success here.

With that being the case, Carson hasn’t been right since the first half of the Washington game. At that point he looked like he was about to have another big season, and then all the hits and sacks he took that game quickly took a toll on him. Then the turnovers started late in the first half and everything just piled on. By the Green Bay game he’s no longer looking downfield. He’s looking at the line trying to avoid sacks. He’s a broken player right now. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The idea of drafting a quarterback in the second thinking he would be a great backup should be more than enough reason for Howie to be fired. Not only did this create a quarterback controversy, it possibly broke his starting quarterback he just paid all this money to. Could have had Jefferson and Chinn with those picks. Arguably the offensive and defensive rookies of the year. What have they gained from drafting a backup quarterback? A controversy, a 3 win team, and the possibility of a lot of people being fired at the end of the season. Great work Howie...

You'll get no argument from me on those points. I'm just trying to guess why Howie made the decision he did. No way am I defending it.

Joe Banner on Howie Roseman’s job security: "I don’t think there’s even a 10% chance” of him getting fired

19 hours ago, eglz1 said:

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I said this at the time and I’m even more convinced now.

There is no way that Hurts was drafted to be a backup/gadget player. He was clearly drafted as a plan B to Wentz.

Now I’m not a Howie fan. He did this one year after giving Wentz a huge contract and in drafting Hurts missed out on giving the Eagles some much needed help on D (Fulton/Chinn etc).

But Hurts was taken because they weren’t sure Carson was the guy anymore.

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I said this at the time and I’m even more convinced now.

There is no way that Hurts was drafted to be a backup/gadget player. He was clearly drafted as a plan B to Wentz.

Now I’m not a Howie fan. He did this one year after giving Wentz a huge contract and in drafting Hurts missed out on giving the Eagles some much needed help on D (Fulton/Chinn etc).

But Hurts was taken because they weren’t sure Carson was the guy anymore.

Such an about face after giving the guy all that money. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since Howie’s also the dope who said there wouldn’t be any good quarterbacks drafted after Wentz yet there’s been multiple good ones including two actual MVPs..... 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Such an about face after giving the guy all that money. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since Howie’s also the dope who said there wouldn’t be any good quarterbacks drafted after Wentz yet there’s been multiple good ones including two actual MVPs..... 

Complete and utter failure again by Howie if that was why he drafted Hurts. Basically it's a mess of a situation from every angle. Even if Hurts does show that actually he can be a very good NFL QB (chances are against him), they still can't capitalise on having a QB on his rookie deal because they paid Wentz. What a freaking turd of a situation created by Howie. And this guy likely remains? Yikes.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Complete and utter failure again by Howie if that was why he drafted Hurts. Basically it's a mess of a situation from every angle. Even if Hurts does show that actually he can be a very good NFL QB (chances are against him), they still can't capitalise on having a QB on his rookie deal because they paid Wentz. What a freaking turd of a situation created by Howie. And this guy likely remains? Yikes.

None of this is going to change until Howie is gone. His talent evaluation and overall roster building is why the Eagles are in the mess they’re in. This team has more practice squad players playing for them than it does actual Howie draft selections. There is a complete lack of talent. Now I do think Chip Kelly was a bad coach, but he wasn’t wrong about Howie being a poor talent evaluator. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

None of this is going to change until Howie is gone. His talent evaluation and overall roster building is why the Eagles are in the mess they’re in. This team has more practice squad players playing for them than it does actual Howie draft selections. There is a complete lack of talent. Now I do think Chip Kelly was a bad coach, but he wasn’t wrong about Howie being a poor talent evaluator. 

Oh I completely agree with you there. Howie is a truly terrible GM and this team is going to be in a bad way until he is fired. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I completely agree with you there. Howie is a truly terrible GM and this team is going to be in a bad way until he is fired. 

No chance another coach worth a darn will come to Philly and coach under the same restrictive conditions this team has put on Doug Pederson. They decide who his players are, who his coaches are, and they leave him out to dry to answer questions about things he really doesn’t have the power to fix. It’s kind of pathetic Howie doesn’t face the music more for his actions.

58 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No chance another coach worth a darn will come to Philly and coach under the same restrictive conditions this team has put on Doug Pederson. The decide who his players are, who his coaches are, and they leave him out to dry to answer questions about things he really doesn’t have the power to fix. It’s kind of pathetic Howie doesn’t face the music more for his actions.

I mean yeah I can't see it bud. Why would they? I mean a young up and coming HC is going to want to think that an organisation can build a team in the image that he wants... Howie is not going to do that. 

Wentz is useful to the eagles right now. Start Wentz, lose out, get a top 5 pick, then make Hurts start next year lol

Well we got our answers tonight. The Eagles offense looked significantly better with a rookie 2nd round pick at QB. Doug looked like a guy who can call plays and come up with a game plan. That is now two QB's who look significantly better than Wentz, and a coach and offense who look significantly better when he is out of the equation. 

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

Well we got our answers tonight. The Eagles offense looked significantly better with a rookie 2nd round pick at QB. Doug looked like a guy who can call plays and come up with a game plan. That is now two QB's who look significantly better than Wentz, and a coach and offense who look significantly better when he is out of the equation. 

And yet people on this board are STILL trying somehow to defend wentz....

The worship of this guy is reaching godlike, cult proportions...

Some are even claiming that because of the year 2017.....wentz is still the better option....

Easily wentz’ best game this week. Zero sacks taken, zero forced terrible throws into triple coverage. First time in a while his poor decisions didn’t cost the team at all. 

I know there’s been speculation that the cumulative injuries Wentz has suffered in recent years have reduced his effectiveness. Could it also be that games this season like the Washington game where he was sacked hard multiple times could have meant that he has been playing hurt this year so his mechanics are off and also his confidence?  Tough to to say what all this means long term, but clearly the organization factored nis injuries into the decision to take Hurts in the second round. 

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Anyone think Wentz should start? Cool, no one.

Can we close this thread?

Go over to the blog. The Wentz apologists are desperately scraping the bottom of the barrell for new excuses for Wentz.

26 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Go over to the blog. The Wentz apologists are desperately scraping the bottom of the barrell for new excuses for Wentz.

This exactly also the new Wentzcuse, Wentzcuse #27, is that Doug called plays to help Hurts that he never does with Wentz.  Lol

Archived