Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I agree. I have this bad feeling that this team is 2 years beyond the firing of Howie from competing for anything of significance. 

I few good drafts could change things around, but I don’t trust for a moment Howie can be the one making those picks. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I few good drafts could change things around, but I don’t trust for a moment Howie can be the one making those picks. 

Exactly.

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even if by some chance Lurie brings the entire band back for another year there is ZERO reason to bring back Press Taylor. Carson’s fundamentals have fallen to the point of being egregious. Someone needs to take the blame for this and Doug should permanently lose playcalling. Personally I don’t think Howie should be back and whoever comes in should decide if he wants to stick with Doug or find someone else. 

Doug at least admitted that him stopping calling plays is on the table. Seems the only real stubborn person in the organization is Howie

So carson stood up in front of the team and took the blame.  Is anyone on the team buying it? Or do we think the team is feeling the same way we all are? 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doug at least admitted that him stopping calling plays is on the table. Seems the only real stubborn person in the organization is Howie

Doug should ha e given the play calling up 6 losses ago though. It never even dawned on him until the media brought it up to which he said "that’s a good idea.”  The longer he’s here the more I’m convinced that reich was the true reason they won the SB.  He was the brains. 

i see one way out of this mess for doug that might save his job.  Make the team hate him.  Bench players, call them out publicly, etc.  maybe if he throws them under the bus, they’ll respond and actually play with some passion.  This constantly coddling players and taking the blame for them has been a problem since Mcnabb was here.  Andy was the same way. So naturally doug falls in the same suit.  Look at guys like Tomlin, he’s not afraid to tell a player he Fed up and bench guys for poor play and they respond.  They love him for it.   The Andy Reid tree is madE of charmin ultra soft and this team needs to be wiping with some 500 grit paper.

35 minutes ago, DBW said:

So carson stood up in front of the team and took the blame.  Is anyone on the team buying it? Or do we think the team is feeling the same way we all are? 

I think the majority of the team want to buy into Carson, and they think he’s the guy who can lead them, but if Hurts actually goes out there and plays well I don’t think anyone would be upset about it. 

Still think Wentz can he salvaged, but we need an OC, a new GM and a QB coach who will kill him on mechanics. 

Whether we get that or not remains to be seen. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think the majority of the team want to buy into Carson, and they think he’s the guy who can lead them, but if Hurts actually goes out there and plays well I don’t think anyone would be upset about it. 

They have all been backing him up, especially the defense for some reason lol. It's always good for a team when the QB holds himself accountible. I still don't think carson is a complete lost cause. A lot is going on with this team this year. Look at last year carson at least showed up against the bad teams, he isn't even doing that this year. 

9 hours ago, DBW said:

Doug should ha e given the play calling up 6 losses ago though. It never even dawned on him until the media brought it up to which he said "that’s a good idea.”  The longer he’s here the more I’m convinced that reich was the true reason they won the SB.  He was the brains. 

i see one way out of this mess for doug that might save his job.  Make the team hate him.  Bench players, call them out publicly, etc.  maybe if he throws them under the bus, they’ll respond and actually play with some passion.  This constantly coddling players and taking the blame for them has been a problem since Mcnabb was here.  Andy was the same way. So naturally doug falls in the same suit.  Look at guys like Tomlin, he’s not afraid to tell a player he Fed up and bench guys for poor play and they respond.  They love him for it.   The Andy Reid tree is madE of charmin ultra soft and this team needs to be wiping with some 500 grit paper.

I don't totally disagree with this. However, there needs to be a balance with being tough on a players and also being a players coach. How to far the other way, start becoming a complete ass and he will lose the team even faster. It is possible to be able to do both. The problem right now is Doug is not holding anyone accountible and taking to damn long to put a guy on the bench. Carson should have been benched by now for even just a game to send a message. 

41 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They have all been backing him up, especially the defense for some reason lol. It's always good for a team when the QB holds himself accountible. I still don't think carson is a complete lost cause. A lot is going on with this team this year. Look at last year carson at least showed up against the bad teams, he isn't even doing that this year. 

It could just be a case of natural regression. He’s five years in and his mechanics haven’t improved. In fact they’re gotten worse and they were pretty bad to begin with. He’s always going to revert back to what got him here, but the problem is he’s just not as athletic as he used to be due to the knee and back injuries. He’s never going to be accurate unless he fully commits to trying to change his style of play. He needs to stop thinking of himself as Favre and start thinking of himself more like Big Ben. 

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It could just be a case of natural regression. He’s five years in and his mechanics haven’t improved. In fact they’re gotten worse and they were pretty bad to begin with. He’s always going to revert back to what got him here, but the problem is he’s just not as athletic as he used to be due to the knee and back injuries. He’s never going to be accurate unless he fully commits to trying to change his style of play. He needs to stop thinking of himself as Favre and start thinking of himself more like Big Ben. 

Well that's why I said the other day he doesn't have the oline he used to. Meaning his line was good enough to cover up some of the flaws he has like holding the ball to long. Having a bad oline is exposing all his flaws in a big way. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well that's why I said the other day he doesn't have the oline he used to. Meaning his line was good enough to cover up some of the flaws he has like holding the ball to long. Having a bad oline is exposing all his flaws in a big way. 

Well a bad line can hurt a lot of quarterbacks, but some of his line issues are self inflicted. There are more than a few sacks that he’s taken where he has had longer than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball. He’s also failing to identify blitzes and hot reads. In his defense he’s also had to deal with receivers who at times aren’t getting open, but there is clear video out there of Wentz just not looking the way of open guys as if he’s predetermined where he was going with the ball regardless of the defense. It seems more like he misses Ertz as that security blanket he used to have. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well a bad line can hurt a lot of quarterbacks, but some of his line issues are self inflicted. There are more than a few sacks that he’s taken where he has had longer than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball. He’s also failing to identify blitzes and hot reads. In his defense he’s also had to deal with receivers who at times aren’t getting open, but there is clear video out there of Wentz just not looking the way of open guys as if he’s predetermined where he was going with the ball regardless of the defense. It seems more like he misses Ertz as that security blanket he used to have. 

Which is something I am not totally understanding. Dallas Goedert is just about the exact same kind of TE who is just as reliable as Ertz and is more than capable of completely replacing him....

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I'll defend him in one aspect, it has to be incredibly difficult to have 5 different lineman in different spots every single week. How are you supposed to know where the breakdowns on the line are   going to come from week to week? One week the right side might do a great job then the next week the right side is a disaster   

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'll defend him in one aspect, it has to be incredibly difficult to have 5 different lineman in different spots every single week. How are you supposed to know where the breakdowns on the line are   going to come from week to week? One week the right side might do a great job then the next week the right side is a disaster   

Seems like every week there’s new faces on the line. That falls back on Doug failing to recognize with all these changes he needs to run the ball more to protect these guys and his quarterback. He’s struggling, but Doug isn’t doing him any favors at all. 

Seems like every week there’s new faces on the line. That falls back on Doug failing to recognize with all these changes he needs to run the ball more to protect these guys and his quarterback. He’s struggling, but Doug isn’t doing him any favors at all. 

Nope and I think that is truly what Carson's problem is he doesn't trust anyone. He doesn't trust his lineman, he doesn't trust his receivers and he doesn't trust the plays being called. This all leads to him losing confidence in himself. Carson absolutely needs to be better and he has been absolutely horrible with things he should be good at by now but, the FO and his coach are doing him no favors . 

6 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Which is something I am not totally understanding. Dallas Goedert is just about the exact same kind of TE who is just as reliable as Ertz and is more than capable of completely replacing him....

He’s getting touches, but he’s a different type of player from Ertz. Ertz is more like a possession receiver and he can make Wentz look good because he makes one handed and acrobatic catches. He’s a reliable guy to throw to. He also finds ways to get open better than anyone else on the roster at least when he’s playing well. Goedert can be explosive, break tackles, and at times can be dominating, but he doesn’t have the hands of Ertz. Potentially he could become a better playmaker than Ertz if they can keep him on the field. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nope and I think that is truly what Carson's problem is he doesn't trust anyone. He doesn't trust his lineman, he doesn't trust his receivers and he doesn't trust the plays being called. This all leads to him losing confidence in himself. Carson absolutely needs to be better and he has been absolutely horrible with things he should be good at by now but, the FO and his coach are doing him no favors . 

No one is absolved from the troubles of this team. The players aren’t executing, the coaches are calling terrible games, and the GM is failing to provide playmakers on offense and defense. The failures on this team are systemic and changes must be made in the off-season. 

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Too: This is an adverb meaning also or a large amount. Example 1: She likes purple too. Example 2: There are too many people in line.

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Update

Wentz still sucks and twitter is still full of people making stupid excuses for him.

ALOT of people?

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Update

Wentz still sucks and twitter is still full of people making stupid excuses for him.

For all the excuses I don’t think these Wentz people realize that if Wentz gets all the things they think he should have (elite line, elite receivers, elite back, elite defense, and elite coaching) he’s basically an overpaid game manager. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

For all the excuses I don’t think these Wentz people realize that if Wentz gets all the things they think he should have (elite line, elite receivers, elite back, elite defense, and elite coaching) he’s basically an overpaid game manager. 

My personal favorite is the whole ''The Eagles are partially to blame for Wentz's struggles because they messed with his confidence by drafting Hurts.'' Meanwhile they just played a team where a QB was drafted in the first round and the current QB basically said F you by balling out and having his best season in a few years.'' Are people really so stupid that they don't realize that a true leader and franchise QB isn't going to be fragile mentally and let the team creating some competition have a significant negative impact on them.

I really dont think people realize that if Wentz was just HALFWAY decent at this point.....we would be in a much better position. These receivers are young...Sanders is a stud....all he needs to manage the game and have decent, balanced playcalling and all would be ok...but the rookie came in and looked better....

I dont see what they are seeing....I dont think anyone with half a brain can continue defending this man.....

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Sanders is a stud....all he needs to manage the game

You know what helps you manage the game, running the ball.

Sanders has not had twenty touches in his last 7 games.

We are tied for first in yards per carry, and are 29th in carries.

Archived