Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

We don’t know how Carson plays since he’s not magically getting all this stuff you apologist keep claiming he needs to be even an average quarterback. Maybe Don’t tell me Carson isn’t culpable when he’s fumbling and throwing interceptions even when he has time. Just cause he’s getting sacked he HAS to give the ball up too? Stop looking at 2017 and telling me how great he is. This isn’t 2017 and you need to wake up and realize things have changed. 

I'm fully convinced that people like this are simply trying to convince themselves that Wentz is the guy they thought he was, and not the guy he has proven he actually is. Hence the thread title about coming clean. It's honestly a liberating experience that a lot of hold outs need to find. Just let go dummies.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Here is something else I dont get......NOBODY is saying the entire fault lays at the feet of Carson Wentz!!! He is not the only problem but he has become one of the MAIN problems...

36 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

How can you honestly say he is the MAIN problem, when the Oline is as bad as it is, the WR's are as bad as they are, and the HC wont run the ball, knowing the Oline cant pass block, and the WR's take longer to get open, and your QB is struggling?

The Seattle game was 9 runs to 55 passes.

NO QB WILL PLAY WELL BEHIND THIS OLINE, THROWING TO THESE WR's and DOUG NOT RUNNING THE BALL

you cant expect a QB to be a superhero. Even Wilson has METCALF to throw to. 

He said one of the main problems.

No doubt the team is flawed and that’s not helping. Most of us recognise that.

But Wentz is still playing really badly. There have been so many examples of him not seeing wide open guys.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

But Wentz is still playing really badly. There have been so many examples of him not seeing wide open guys.

Thanks so much for simplifying that.....I refuse to get into logic arguments with Wentz apologists...

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This is something that absolutely kills me. The whole ''the WR's aren't getting open'' narrative is massively overblown to the point where it's almost factually incorrect. Reagor and Ward sure looked open to me with Hurts throwing them the ball. Hell, the guy on Reagor had pretty decent coverage but Hurts put the ball where it needed to be. How many times over the last two weeks has Slay been right there with Metcalf/Adams and Wilson/Rodgers trusted his receiver and put the ball right where it needed to be for his guy to make the catch. Wentz is not only missing guys wide open all over the field, but he refuses to give his guys opportunities to make catches because he is scared and he isn't accurate enough to make all of the throws. Howie has been bad, Doug has been, the line has been bad, the WR's aren't great but they are more than adequate for the QB.

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I'm fully convinced that people like this are simply trying to convince themselves that Wentz is the guy they thought he was, and not the guy he has proven he actually is. Hence the thread title about coming clean. It's honestly a liberating experience that a lot of hold outs need to find. Just let go dummies.

These apologist are talking about looking at things in a vacuum when they’re stuck in 2017. 😂🤣😂 Wake up and witness the hot garbage in front of you. It’s not all Wentz. Absolutely not the case, but to act like he is above all this or somehow not connected to it is a joke. Aaron Rodgers could be on this team and even if he might struggle he’s NOT going to take bad sacks. He’s NOT going to constantly throw inaccurately. He’s NOT gonna miss wide open receivers. He’s still going to be a good quarterback despite the talent around him. 

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

How many times over the last two weeks has Slay been right there with Metcalf/Adams and Wilson/Rodgers trusted his receiver and put the ball right where it needed to be for his guy to make the catch.

Its a great point. 

I mean the one Adams TD pass was quite literally perfect. Rodgers put it in a spot where either Adams makes the play or nobody makes the play. Rodgers put it in the perfect spot and trusted his WR to go make the play. 

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

This is something that absolutely kills me. The whole ''the WR's aren't getting open'' narrative is massively overblown to the point where it's almost factually incorrect. Reagor and Ward sure looked open to me with Hurts throwing them the ball. Hell, the guy on Reagor had pretty decent coverage but Hurts put the ball where it needed to be. How many times over the last two weeks has Slay been right there with Metcalf/Adams and Wilson/Rodgers trusted his receiver and put the ball right where it needed to be for his guy to make the catch. Wentz is not only missing guys wide open all over the field, but he refuses to give his guys opportunities to make catches because he is scared and he isn't accurate enough to make all of the throws. Howie has been bad, Doug has been, the line has been bad, the WR's aren't great but they are more than adequate for the QB.

Yeah completely. On Monday night football, Greise started out blaming the receivers and the line. But as he watched the game he recognised Wentz was not pulling the trigger on open/wide open guys.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah completely. On Monday night football, Greise started out blaming the receivers and the line. But as he watched the game he recognised Wentz was not pulling the trigger on open/wide open guys.

Wentz is a mess. The OL has had issues, the WRs aren't the greatest but Wentz is a mess. They need to do something during the off season to turn him around. If they don't think they can do that then trade him whilst he may have any kind of value. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

These apologist are talking about looking at things in a vacuum when they’re stuck in 2017. 😂🤣😂 Wake up and witness the hot garbage in front of you. It’s not all Wentz. Absolutely not the case, but to act like he is above all this or somehow not connected to it is a joke. Aaron Rodgers could be on this team and even if he might struggle he’s NOT going to take bad sacks. He’s NOT going to constantly throw inaccurately. He’s NOT gonna miss wide open receivers. He’s still going to be a good quarterback despite the talent around him. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its a great point. 

I mean the one Adams TD pass was quite literally perfect. Rodgers put it in a spot where either Adams makes the play or nobody makes the play. Rodgers put it in the perfect spot and trusted his WR to go make the play. 

Yeah that’s always been a fault on Wentz. He won’t free receivers open. 

So often Rodgers throws before the WR breaks. Incredible anticipation and gives the DB no chance. Even Wentz at his best couldn’t do that.

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah that’s always been a fault on Wentz. He won’t free receivers open. 

So often Rodgers throws before the WR breaks. Incredible anticipation and gives the DB no chance. Even Wentz at his best couldn’t do that.

Wentz is awful at that. It's never been his game as you say. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wentz is awful at that. It's never been his game as you say. 

Carson throws to the wrong side of a receiver it’s not his fault. "The receiver didn’t fight hard enough.” Apologists b.s. 101.

2 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I really dont think people realize that if Wentz was just HALFWAY decent at this point.....we would be in a much better position. These receivers are young...Sanders is a stud....all he needs to manage the game and have decent, balanced playcalling and all would be ok...but the rookie came in and looked better....

I dont see what they are seeing....I dont think anyone with half a brain can continue defending this man.....

Love is blind.

I have been a Wentz homer.  I really like him as a person and always thought he would be the QB of the eagles for the next 15 years barring injury.  Even last year when he threw for over 4000 yards with not a single receiver with 500 yards I was on board the Wentz train more than most.  I was heartbroken for him when he got hurt in the playoffs and genuinely believed he would be a top 10 QB in the league for years and a potential MVP candidate again down the line.

Then this season happened... I dont know what he did or didnt do in the offseason but his mechanics are way off this year.  He does not see the field and take what the defense gives him.  its like he is a  magnet he is focused on the covered guy and not take the open play.  I know the receivers with separation, OL being a mess, playcalling and coaching are all valid issues but there have been less talented QB's who have played better at the QB position than Wentz right now.  I dont think its reasonable to believe that a QB has forgotten how to throw the ball on time or read a defense in over 9 months but this seems to be the case. I think on every play he feels like the defense is going to get him so his footwork and reads are all over the place.  Anyways there is no defense of his play this year.  I have no excuses but the simple fact is that he is not playing well this year and is correctly benched.  I just hope that we get a new coaching staff and a GM for next year to see if he is salvagable.  If not then hes done.

When has the Oline ever been any good through multiple coaches? McNabb ran for his life, Vick ran for his life, and every other QB after them. Is that Pedersons fault. No those QBs had to use their feet to make plays, had to make smart plays, feel pressure something Wentz can't do.

16 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

When has the Oline ever been any good through multiple coaches? McNabb ran for his life, Vick ran for his life, and every other QB after them. Is that Pedersons fault. No those QBs had to use their feet to make plays, had to make smart plays, feel pressure something Wentz can't do.

McNabb?? He usually had good O-Lines here through his time here. Much more often than not. 

40 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

That's ridiculous. Reid always built up through the lines. Mcnabb ran prior to his knee injury because he, like Wentz, excelled in it. It was after his knee surgery where he wanted to be known as a "pocket passer" and decided not to run.  Tra Thomas, Jon Runyan, Jamaal Jackson, Todd Herremans, Evan Mathis, Steve Wisnewski, Jason Peters (obviously prior to these last couple of years), Lane Johnson, and even Vatai are all names that were at the minimum above average to probable hall of famers. 

1 hour ago, XoqTionR said:

I recall vick always leaving the pocket once his 1 & only read (djac) wasnt open and ran into pressure on his own accord.

This is quite possibly the stupidest, laziest, and most ill-informed excuse I have heard among the many being made for Wentz. First of all, if he had any mental toughness at all he would use it as motivation to get better. Second of all, I don't recall this being an issue for Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. I also don't remember these organizations being accused of sabotaging their QB's career.

The Packers used a 1st round pick on Jordan Love in 2020. They also used a 2nd round pick in 2008 on Brian Brohm.

The Patriots used a 3rd round pick on Ryan Mallet in 2011, a 2nd round pick in 2014 on Jimmy G, a 3rd round pick on Jacoby Brissett in 2016, and a 4th round pick on Jarrett Stidham in 2019.

NEXT.....

Lol yes I call that Wentzcuse #26, the most embarrassing one.

10 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Drafting Hurts in round 2 may not make the top 5 of things they have done to sabotage Wentz.

Cool, so I have popcorn ready. How exactly have the Eagles sabotaged Wentz.

3 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Oh they've definitely done a fair few things bud. Drafting Hurts was up there. Not giving him a legit OL or addressing the ageing line. Not giving him legit weapons. But that also doesn't absolve him of blame either and that is the key here. 

8 hours ago, T-1000 said:

How about building a crap team around him for starters? Btw Jefferson went over 1000 yards this weekend. You know the obvious choice Howie passed on. 

Archived