Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Just now, downundermike said:

You know what helps you manage the game, running the ball.

Sanders has not had twenty touches in his last 7 games.

We are tied for first in yards per carry, and are 29th in carries.

You know what else helps manage the game

-decision making

-accuracy

-pocket awareness

-leadership

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

You know what else helps manage the game

-decision making

-accuracy

-pocket awareness

-leadership

That’s almost like accountability. Wentz apologists don’t believe in accountability for Carson. Just everyone else on the team.

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You know what helps you manage the game, running the ball.

Sanders has not had twenty touches in his last 7 games.

We are tied for first in yards per carry, and are 29th in carries.

Thats exactly what I mean. Sanders gets over 5 yards per carry but doug just refuses to run....its mind boggling....

30 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

My personal favorite is the whole ''The Eagles are partially to blame for Wentz's struggles because they messed with his confidence by drafting Hurts.'' Meanwhile they just played a team where a QB was drafted in the first round and the current QB basically said F you by balling out and having his best season in a few years.'' Are people really so stupid that they don't realize that a true leader and franchise QB isn't going to be fragile mentally and let the team creating some competition have a significant negative impact on them.

If Carson is too fragile to handle some competition how do those same people expect him to win a shootout against other great quarterbacks in the NFL? No need to answer, because Carson generally loses those battles.

9 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Thats exactly what I mean. Sanders gets over 5 yards per carry but doug just refuses to run....its mind boggling....

Maybe that’s another element to this that could help. Maybe Doug uses the run game more than he has been. It’s been ridiculous how poorly they had done trying to run the ball. Now that Carson isn’t in there and the rookie is then he actually runs the darn ball.  

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s almost like accountability. Wentz apologists don’t believe in accountability for Carson. Just everyone else on the team.

Yep, accountability for Roseman, Doug, Schwartz, etc and rightfully so but for some reason ZERO accountability for Wentz. It's becoming embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe that’s another element to this that could help. Maybe Doug uses the run game more than he has been. It’s been ridiculous how poorly they had done trying to run the ball. Now that Carson isn’t in there and the rookie is then he actually runs the darn ball.  

It reminds me SO much of the AR era when fans were pretty much begging for him to run the ball.....its deja vu all over again....

36 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

My personal favorite is the whole ''The Eagles are partially to blame for Wentz's struggles because they messed with his confidence by drafting Hurts.'' Meanwhile they just played a team where a QB was drafted in the first round and the current QB basically said F you by balling out and having his best season in a few years.'' Are people really so stupid that they don't realize that a true leader and franchise QB isn't going to be fragile mentally and let the team creating some competition have a significant negative impact on them.

Exactly this. I understand that Wentz was hurt he should have been.

But he should have used it as motivation like Rodgers. Made the Eagles look like idiots.

He is being paid to be the best of the best. That includes responding well to adversity.

5 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

It reminds me SO much of the AR era when fans were pretty much begging for him to run the ball.....its deja vu all over again....

He is a Reid disciple so I guess it’s to be expected, but how quickly he’s forgotten how the run game and their top 5 rushing standing helped them win the Super Bowl. Contrary to popular belief Carson didn’t will them to the Super Bowl on crutches and by himself. 

Some highlights of 2017 Carson Wentz in case you've forgotten how good he was:

Some general observations:

1. The offensive line was so good.  In a lot of these plays the defense didn't get anywhere near him.  He could sit back there all day and pick defenses apart.

2. He was so very athletic pre-injury.  He's lost a little bit of explosiveness and perhaps a bit of speed as well.

3. Our receiving corps was very good.  Agholor / Jackson / Jeffrey was such a great receiving corps.

We've fallen so far in 3 years, it's depressing. 

5 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

1. The offensive line was so good.  In a lot of these plays the defense didn't get anywhere near him.  He could sit back there all day and pick defenses apart.

2. He was so very athletic pre-injury.  He's lost a little bit of explosiveness and perhaps a bit of speed as well.

3. Our receiving corps was very good.  Agholor / Jackson / Jeffrey was such a great receiving corps.

At least we got the Super Bowl that year.

And you mean Smith not Jackson.

43 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I really dont think people realize that if Wentz was just HALFWAY decent at this point.....we would be in a much better position. These receivers are young...Sanders is a stud....all he needs to manage the game and have decent, balanced playcalling and all would be ok...but the rookie came in and looked better....

I dont see what they are seeing....I dont think anyone with half a brain can continue defending this man.....

They are stuck in 2017 and the belief they have the league MVP (even though he didn’t win it) and that Super Bowl championship (even though he didn’t even play in the game.) If Carson finishes out this season I have little faith in the Eagles wining any of those games (for the record I don’t think they win regardless) and his career record with the Eagles would be 35-36-1. At least if he doesn’t play another game for them his career with the Eagles will at least be a winning one. Granted the Eagles won a Super Bowl (that he didn’t play in), but why are people so enamored with this era and in particular this quarterback that’s basically done little to nothing of relevancy? Maybe they think he catches lighting in a bottle again and once again watch someone else win the Super Bowl? I don’t get the obsession over Wentz. 

9 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Exactly this. I understand that Wentz was hurt he should have been.

But he should have used it as motivation like Rodgers. Made the Eagles look like idiots.

He is being paid to be the best of the best. That includes responding well to adversity.

Well said compadre. If he was a legit elite athlete he would have eventually gotten over it and used it as motivation. Did the packers fail Aaron Rodgers by drafting a QB in round 1 and a RB in round 2 who they didn't need and doesn't see the field. What did Rodgers do, he used it as motivation and turned no names like Lazard and Tonyan into legit factors in the passing game. The excuses for Wentz are not only massively annoying but they are getting lazier and lazier the worse things get for him.

7 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Our fall is nowhere near as bad as the Falcons though. At least we walked away with a ring. They literally choked their chance away. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

They are stuck in 2017 and the belief they have the league MVP (even though he didn’t win it) and that Super Bowl championship (even though he didn’t even play in the game.) If Carson finishes out this season I have little faith in the Eagles wining any of those games (for the record I don’t think they win regardless) and his career record with the Eagles would be 35-36-1. At least if he doesn’t play another game for them his career with the Eagles will at least be a winning one. Granted the Eagles won a Super Bowl (that he didn’t play in), but why are people so enamored with this era and in particular this quarterback that’s basically done little to nothing of relevancy? Maybe they think he catches lighting in a bottle again and once again watch someone else win the Super Bowl? I don’t get the obsession over Wentz. 

They remind me of the losers who can't let go of their high school bf/gf. It's over, move on.

8 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

They remind me of the losers who can't let go of their high school bf/gf. It's over, move on.

Like Al Bundy or Uncle Rico. Let it go man. 😂

This thread is a great example of why I dont venture out into TATE very often. 

It is a person who has a very narrow field of vision who believes that this is all Wentz fault. That the Oline, WR's game planning is all good enough for a QB to play well. 

Thats laughable. It would take a very rare talent to overcome just how bad this team has been. Luckily JP is likely out for good, that will help, but Alshon is still playing. 

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nor do I. This morning on Good Morning Football...out of all people...Nate Burleson called us some spoiled fans. Said we wouldn't have even gotten there without him and to allow doug and the FO to fix the problem. He legit had an attitude while saying these things...I couldn't even believe what I was hearing from him

Peter Schrager said to that end, "Nate, the fans are allowed to question some of the decisions that are being made and Nate said to him they still shouldn't be calling for the man's job.

I dont know ANY corporation that will allow a bad, unproductive employee to continue working for them and they are not seeing results. If one exists, I would love to go apply for a job.....

3 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

This thread is a great example of why I dont venture out into TATE very often. 

It is a person who has a very narrow field of vision who believes that this is all Wentz fault. That the Oline, WR's game planning is all good enough for a QB to play well. 

Thats laughable. It would take a very rare talent to overcome just how bad this team has been. Luckily JP is likely out for good, that will help, but Alshon is still playing. 

Here is something else I dont get......NOBODY is saying the entire fault lays at the feet of Carson Wentz!!! He is not the only problem but he has become one of the MAIN problems...

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

Here is something else I dont get......NOBODY is saying the entire fault lays at the feet of Carson Wentz!!! He is not the only problem but he has become one of the MAIN problems...

How can you honestly say he is the MAIN problem, when the Oline is as bad as it is, the WR's are as bad as they are, and the HC wont run the ball, knowing the Oline cant pass block, and the WR's take longer to get open, and your QB is struggling?

The Seattle game was 9 runs to 55 passes.

NO QB WILL PLAY WELL BEHIND THIS OLINE, THROWING TO THESE WR's and DOUG NOT RUNNING THE BALL

you cant expect a QB to be a superhero. Even Wilson has METCALF to throw to. 

23 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

How can you honestly say he is the MAIN problem, when the Oline is as bad as it is, the WR's are as bad as they are, and the HC wont run the ball, knowing the Oline cant pass block, and the WR's take longer to get open, and your QB is struggling?

NO QB WILL PLAY WELL BEHIND THIS OLINE, THROWING TO THESE WR's and DOUG NOT RUNNING THE BALL

He did not claim Carson was the single main problem. He wrote he was one of them. Frankly I don’t see how you couldn’t view Carson as one of the problems this season. It’s asinine to look at this team and think everyone but Carson is at fault.  

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He did not claim Carson was the single main problem. He wrote he was one of them. Frankly I don’t see how you couldn’t view Carson as one of the problems this season. It’s asinine to look at this team and think everyone but Carson is at fault.  

He stated one of the MAIN problems

You cant effectively judge any QB's play in a vacuum. It takes a team. Right now, he has the Worst Oline and WR's in the league. BAR NONE  The Oline is Historically bad. No QB can be judged accurately that way. 

We know he doesn't play that way when the line is good and the WR's are even below avg. 

29 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

A rookie 2nd round pick who is supposedly a project and had no training camp came in and significantly outplayed him yesterday. He made a throw to Reagor and a throw to Ward that Wentz hasn't made in weeks. There is this thing a good QB does which is called ''throwing his WR's open.'' Wentz stands there waiting for guys to get completely wide open and along with his lack of pocket awareness leads to some of the sacks. Stop making excuses and try using some common sense.

4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

You cant effectively judge any QB's play in a vacuum. It takes a team. Right now, he has the Worst Oline and WR's in the league. BAR NONE  The Oline is Historically bad. No QB can be judged accurately that way. 

We know he doesn't play that way when the line is good and the WR's are even below avg. 

If you don't think he is one of the main problems you should stop commenting on the sport of football on a message board. The WR's and OL have NOTHING to do with horrible decision making, terrible pocket awareness, being wildly inaccurate, and not being able to read a defense. Was it the line or WR's fault when he threw a pass to Goedert where he literally had to stand stationary and wait on it for three seconds, otherwise it's a long TD. Just want to know whose fault that was other than Wentz's.

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

We don’t know how Carson plays since he’s not magically getting all this stuff you apologist keep claiming he needs to be even an average quarterback. Maybe Don’t tell me Carson isn’t culpable when he’s fumbling and throwing interceptions even when he has time. Just cause he’s getting sacked he HAS to give the ball up too? Stop looking at 2017 and telling me how great he is. This isn’t 2017 and you need to wake up and realize things have changed. 

Archived