Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Finally some current teammates making comments.

Brandon Graham:  good for both parties.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/03/brandon-graham-believes-carson-wentz-trade-was-good-for-both-parties/

Graham said he believes the Wentz trade "was good for both parties.”

"Philly is a tough market and tough place to play in, and so when things weren’t going right, I know it was . . . probably tough on him and his family to have to live through that,” Graham told Zach Berman of TheAthletic.com. "So it’s a breath of fresh air for all of us.”

Wentz’s departure leaves Jalen Hurts, a second-round choice in 2020, as the frontrunner to start for the Eagles in 2021. Philadelphia, though, could bring in veteran competition or use the sixth overall choice on a quarterback.

"I do think Jalen can play,” Graham said. "The preparation just knowing in your head that you’re the guy, it definitely brings out a different beast in you. So hopefully that’s the case, then he’d be the guy. And so he can go into this offseason, knowing, ‘OK, here’s my shot. Let me go ahead and take full advantage.’”

Jason Peters:  doesn't blame Wentz; Philadelphia will eat you up if you don't bring it
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/04/jason-peters-carson-wentz-shows-philadelphia-will-eat-you-up-if-you-dont-bring-it/

Peters said today that he can’t blame Wentz for the way things went down, but a quarterback playing the way Wentz played last year wasn’t going to last in Philadelphia.

"Nothing really went wrong on that. He was just in Philadelphia. It’s a hard city to play for,” Peters said, via Mike Garafolo of NFL Network. "You gotta bring it every year or Philadelphia will eat you up.”

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Jason Peters:  doesn't blame Wentz; Philadelphia will eat you up if you don't bring it
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/04/jason-peters-carson-wentz-shows-philadelphia-will-eat-you-up-if-you-dont-bring-it/

So Peters blames Eagles fans. Simple, huh? This guy gets more annoying the older he gets. It wasn't Eagles fans, Mr. Jerry Atrick, that forced a trade. It was MANY things that led to the trade. MANY things. You? You are too lazy to truly analyze the situation and take the cowardly/lazy a** way out- dump it all on the fans. Happy retirement, ya fat a** wind bag. You won't retire, but that's because of greed, not the desire to excel. I hate this butt wipe. The more he opens his fat a** mouth, the more respect I lose for him. Just shut up and retire, ya fat, greedy puff ball. 😆

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

So Peters blames Eagles fans. Simple, huh? This guy gets more annoying the older he gets. It wasn't Eagles fans, Mr. Jerry Atrick, that forced a trade. It was MANY things that led to the trade. MANY things. You? You are too lazy to truly analyze the situation and take the cowardly/lazy a** way out- dump it all on the fans. Happy retirement, ya fat a** wind bag. You won't retire, but that's because of greed, not the desire to excel. I hate this butt wipe. The more he opens his fat a** mouth, the more respect I lose for him. Just shut up and retire, ya fat, greedy puff ball. 😆

My respect for him has been hard to find for years, I understand "getting yours" but dude has always taken it to a whole different level. Honestly, I wasn't surprised by his comments. I also wasn't completely set off by them (like some people around here). Have a cold beer on the couch tonight buddy, it will do you good 😆😉

I thought Peter's comment was a compliment.  That's exactly how Eagles fans pride themselves to be.  tough and demanding.

Read between the lines.  He's saying Wentz couldn't deliver and Philly, the fans, media, etc, wouldn't have it. 

2 hours ago, What The F said:

Read between the lines.  He's saying Wentz couldn't deliver and Philly, the fans, media, etc, wouldn't have it. 

I dont think there was lines to read between se med pretty clear to me.  unless you want to put a spin on it to read how you want. 

Peter's also said in another interview he feels like he personally still has something in the tank so he's basically talking a lot of nonsense lately.

To say it's the Philly fans is a line I might have more sympathy for if Wentz hadn't had his worst season stinking out empty stadiums, he basically wilted under no pressure from the stands, if he's reading his reviews and being affected then honestly if you're an NFL QB paid 30million dollars a year to play football and do it badly then Indianapolis sports writers can hit just as hard as Philly ones in the Monday sports pages, there isn't a magical land where the sports writers all pull their punches and rough performances produce headlines of 'Hey now never mind, you go out there and get em next time tiger'.

13 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

My respect for him has been hard to find for years, I understand "getting yours" but dude has always taken it to a whole different level. Honestly, I wasn't surprised by his comments. I also wasn't completely set off by them (like some people around here). Have a cold beer on the couch tonight buddy, it will do you good 😆😉

Nah, don't need a cold beer. I stand by what I said. That's how I feel about the greedy old man, plain and simple. 

I just laughed when I saw this picture of one of the rooms in Doug's house. That ain't Carson pics and jerseys on his walls. :roll:

doughouse4.jpg

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

I just laughed when I saw this picture of one of the rooms in Doug's house. That ain't Carson pics and jerseys on his walls. :roll:

doughouse4.jpg

what a hideous room. Not sure where to start on that

Liquor bottles next to the work desk? Interesting...

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

Finally some current teammates making comments.

Brandon Graham:  good for both parties.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/03/brandon-graham-believes-carson-wentz-trade-was-good-for-both-parties/

So what fans were so hard to play for? Those cardboard cutouts must have really been angry. If synthetic boos can rattle you then how are you beating Tom Brady in the playoffs when you’re down in the game? In any case it doesn’t matter. Dude is gone and good riddance, but I hope he plays well enough to sucker the Colts into continuously playing him while leading them pretty much nowhere. 

doughouse4.jpg

Imagine being a former NFL QB and having a framed shirt and picture of one other NFL QB on your wall, I can understand having a framed shirt of every starting QB you faced in a game covering the walls, but one guy and he was on your team?  I can see a John Q fan having one shirt of his favorite player in his man cave, but a former player having one shirt on his wall and it's not his own? And the little framed print, that's weird to me.

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Liquor bottles next to the work desk? Interesting...

Tryin to get drunk enough for Wentz to look like Farve.

TgXqM.jpg

Talk about man crush! He sits there getting hammered and worshipping Farve in that heinous room.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So what fans were so hard to play for? Those cardboard cutouts must have really been angry. If synthetic boos can rattle you then how are you beating Tom Brady in the playoffs when you’re down in the game? In any case it doesn’t matter. Dude is gone and good riddance, but I hope he plays well enough to sucker the Colts into continuously playing him while leading them pretty much nowhere. 

IDK.  Lots of fans in this thread kept saying Philly is a tough place, this doesn't fly with the fans, etc.  

46 minutes ago, NOTW said:

IDK.  Lots of fans in this thread kept saying Philly is a tough place, this doesn't fly with the fans, etc.  

But there were no fans there and truth be told the fan base have pretty much coddled CW for much of his time here. There’s a reason he had a top five selling jerseys for a time. It wasn’t everyone but Philly buying his stuff. The area also donated to his charities. Philly has never treated Wentz as bad as they did some other players.

5 hours ago, rrfierce said:

what a hideous room. Not sure where to start on that

That computer desk is pretty crowded. There's no room to draw up plays. It's all starting to make sense now.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

But there were no fans there and truth be told the fan base have pretty much coddled CW for much of his time here. There’s a reason he had a top five selling jerseys for a time. It wasn’t everyone but Philly buying his stuff. The area also donated to his charities. Philly has never treated Wentz as bad as they did some other players.

**cough**McNabb**cough**

Wentz got off damn lucky not having to play in front of any fans at the Linc last season. 

9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

doughouse4.jpg

So Carson isn't the first QB that Doug approved of for playing "Hero Ball" and being a little reckless. When the quote from Carson that "he wasn't going to change" first appeared, I thought the Favre-esque play is what he was talking about , not the crappy mechanics etc. that most here seem to interpret it. As far as I was concerned, Favre had one real attribute, he was an iron man. It's not so difficult to compile stats when you play 302 games, starting 298 (Source: Pro Football Reference). I'm not sure if I was a young QB I'd pattern my game after Favre.

And it appears that his wedding photo takes a backseat to his love for Favre.

29 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

And it appears that his wedding photo takes a backseat to his love for Favre.

Right next to a pic of Brett Favre taking a picture of his privates.

15 hours ago, Birdman said:

**cough**McNabb**cough**

Wentz got off damn lucky not having to play in front of any fans at the Linc last season. 

McNabb’s first moment of being an Eagle was being greeted with boos, but yeah they were mean to Carson! 😂🤣😂 If anyone thinks this stuff makes Carson looks justified then they’re fooling themselves. The first sign of the fans turning on Carson (in an empty stadium) and he flakes out and wants to run back to the Midwest makes him look like a chump. You can’t win with a guy who can’t handle pressure regardless if that pressure is from a quarterback who doesn’t play on the team anymore, virtual fans in the stands, or the team drafting another quarterback, cause they don’t think you can stay healthy. 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I thought Peter's comment was a compliment.  That's exactly how Eagles fans pride themselves to be.  tough and demanding.

But sometimes not too bright. He wisely left that part out.

Archived