Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He was thinking of maybe switching, but also inquired if Pittman would like to switch.  So what?  

It's gonna be a looooong offseason.  I can't wait for "reports" to nitpick what Carson eats for breakfast.  

Sounds like Indy’s problem thankfully. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

"I'm probably going to switch anyway" is not the same as "OK if you are locked in on #11 then I respect that and will switch numbers".

"Probably” is also not the same as definitely. Sounds more like he’d do it but why not ask if he’s willing to give it up first?

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

"I'm probably going to switch anyway" is not the same as "OK if you are locked in on #11 then I respect that and will switch numbers".

Has Wentz stopped talking to Pittman yet?

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Has Wentz stopped talking to Pittman yet?

Nah but the rumors might start surfacing when Wentz keeps throwing to the TE over him. :ph34r:

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

Who says he is more worried about this than winning games?  The quote: 

"Yeah, so I spoke to [Carson] and he was just seeing how locked in I was to No. 11, and I told him I was locked in -- and he was like, 'That's cool, bro, because I'm probably gonna switch anyway,'" Pittman told TMZ Sports. "... He asked me very respectfully, and I just appreciated him for that. I think he's a great dude, because lots of guys with his status, they would come in and demand and stuff like that."

You guys are going to be lapping up the gossip and media reports all year, regardless of the actual facts.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:17 PM, SNOORDA said:

I do.   I really do. 

According to Lurie, it was mostly Doug's refusal to change what was clearly a failing path forward. If he and Carson were not being civil to one another that certainly wouldn't help but that's not all on Carson I suspect.

From a business standpoint, if Doug gets fired he gets paid for the remainder of his contract to sit home and eat ice cream. If he were to resign because he can no longer stand Howie, he doesn't get paid the $10 mil. or so remaining on his contract. Better to be fired, don't you think?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

OK fair enough but surely it should be the team doing that? I appreciate that Wentz reached out but then it was almost like he was reaching out just to make the point that if he wanted the # he could have it.

It's mostly an informal arrangement between players, the senior / star player buys the number off the guy on his rookie contract or special teams warrior.

I assume some press guy noticed that 11 was taken and asked Pittman whether Wentz was getting #11, otherwise I don't really see the point or benefit of making it public, although it could've been Pittman putting it out there to head off less polite requests as the season gets closer.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Because you give up your # for QB’s and high profile players Always been that way in the NFL.

You don't give your number to anyone. They better pay. You are going to give a new Qb who was just benched and traded? Nothing wrong with Pittman here. Probably shouldnt have gave too much detail on their convo tho.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

My god are we going to make every little thing into a big dramatic situation?  Players discuss getting their jersey number all the time when they switch teams.    

This is why it didn't matter if Carson spoke out or not. 

They said they just want him to speak. Now he spoke and it's the most dramatic thing ever over asking for a freaking number lmao. 

pretty much my thoughts, I think Carson will get his first playoff win next season, but will get bounced after their WC came 

29 minutes ago, Birdman said:

pretty much my thoughts, I think Carson will get his first playoff win next season, but will get bounced after their WC came 

Either that or some season ending injury before the regular seasons over

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

When your biggest strength as a QB is going to be having a 1,000 yard rusher, maybe you're not an elite franchise QB.

1 hour ago, Birdman said:
pretty much my thoughts, I think Carson will get his first playoff win next season, but will get bounced after their WC came 

They will win the division.  

49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Was going to say the same that division is 1 Derrick Henry injury away from being complete crap

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Was going to say the same that division is 1 Derrick Henry injury away from being complete crap

The same could be said for the QB that has had multiple injuries, but I don’t want that to happen, cause it would be bad for the Eagles. 

39 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Perhaps...but I wouldn't be so sure of that. 

Reich has yet to sweep Jacksonville and Tennessee aren't going to be pushovers. 

I wouldn't be suprised if Houston wins one against them as well. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The same could be said for the QB that has had multiple injuries, but I don’t want that to happen, cause it would be bad for the Eagles. 

He has not missed a game to injury the last two years.  

5 hours ago, eglz1 said:

According to Lurie, it was mostly Doug's refusal to change what was clearly a failing path forward. If he and Carson were not being civil to one another that certainly wouldn't help but that's not all on Carson I suspect.

From a business standpoint, if Doug gets fired he gets paid for the remainder of his contract to sit home and eat ice cream. If he were to resign because he can no longer stand Howie, he doesn't get paid the $10 mil. or so remaining on his contract. Better to be fired, don't you think?

If wentz plays just below average rather than worst in turnovers and so many other stat catagories they easily win the division and host a playoff game.  And in that scenario no way doug gets shown tha door imo 

im not flat our pinning it all on wentz but his horrible season did have a domino effect and it would seem he is gets a fresh start on a new team that’s a contender.  Which apparently is what he wanted 

did i say f him before?  I think i did but i’ll say it one more time.  F him

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

Who says he is more worried about this than winning games?  The quote: 

"Yeah, so I spoke to [Carson] and he was just seeing how locked in I was to No. 11, and I told him I was locked in -- and he was like, 'That's cool, bro, because I'm probably gonna switch anyway,'" Pittman told TMZ Sports. "... He asked me very respectfully, and I just appreciated him for that. I think he's a great dude, because lots of guys with his status, they would come in and demand and stuff like that."

"He asked me very respectfully, and I just appreciated him for that.”

They’re already walking on eggshells around him because they know he has a fragile ego.

:ph34r:

:P

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Technically that is not correct ... he missed most of the most important game of his career last year ... playoff game where the Clowney hit knocked him out.  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Technically that is not correct ... he missed most of the most important game of his career last year ... playoff game where the Clowney hit knocked him out.  

He has not missed a regular season game.  Concussions happen, nothing you can do.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

The thing about Wentz' injuries is that they're not recurring. It's always been something new. If he missed games because of recurring injuries to say hamstrings or something like that I'd be more inclined to brand him injury prone. Not being a dumb azs and getting rid of the ball instead of running around being a juicy target would help though.

35 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

The thing about Wentz' injuries is that they're not recurring. It's always been something new. If he missed games because of recurring injuries to say hamstrings or something like that I'd be more inclined to brand him injury prone. Not being a dumb azs and getting rid of the ball instead of running around being a juicy target would help though.

I definitely agree with all of that.  I think people made too much out of the injuries.  

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Nah he just left a very important playoff game, but I know when it comes to Warson Centz playoff games don’t matter. 

Archived