Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Rocky is a fictional stupid ass movie about a loser that tried hard.  I want guys with talent. This fan base is obsessed with guys that just try hard. If you try hard and keep your mouth shut they will be on your D forever no matter how mediocre you are lol. 

I don’t care about talent as much as I care about winning. I’d rather have the guy who tries hard over the talent that quits, but that’s just me I guess. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Thrive said:

Saying Hurts was benched is overstating what happened.

He never played another down that year and if listen to major critics like downundermike the guy was trash in all the games he started so how is that overstating it? On top of that I’ll add the Eagles dumped the SB MVP for Carson. They gave him a big contract to Carson that he was just starting. He was clearly locked up and covered by the Eagles. Hurts isn’t even guaranteed a starting spot next season. 

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly. Both parties want a fresh start. In fact the Eagles organisation do too. Its just us fans who would like answers. 

I don’t agree that both parties wanted a fresh start. It’s very clear the Eagles wanted Wentz to be their guy. It’s clear Carson wanted out and for the most part forced his way to Indy. Howie refused to even allow criticism of Carson. This was clearly Carson making it known he didn’t want to be here anymore.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

When you write anything good about Hurts it would be the first time. When you write anything critical of Wentz that would also be a first. Your bias is clear.

I had plenty negative to say about Wentz.  Your problem is you take 2020 and say that Wentz entire career is like that, its not.

There really is nothing overly positive to say about Hurts yet.  He completed 52% of his passes, 45.9% in the second half.

You must be young, enamored with Sportscenter top 10 highlight, and not looking at the substance of his body of work so far.  He could get better, but when I see a QB who makes one read and runs, I see a QB who has failed over and over again in the NFL.  

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I had plenty negative to say about Wentz.  Your problem is you take 2020 and say that Wentz entire career is like that, its not.

There really is nothing overly positive to say about Hurts yet.  He completed 52% of his passes, 45.9% in the second half.

You must be young, enamored with Sportscenter top 10 highlight, and not looking at the substance of his body of work so far.  He could get better, but when I see a QB who makes one read and runs, I see a QB who has failed over and over again in the NFL.  

You all take Carson’s career as 2017 and that’s it. I don’t look at 2020 as the only part of Carson. In fact if you only look at one year of Carson you fail to see the big picture. Look at you on Hurts. Stuck on specific stats on the kid and you can’t even come up with one criticism of Carson here. Dude played 68 games here. Give me one legit criticism you have of Carson. The true irony here is how desperately you want to minimize Carson’s 12 starts of 2020 while you blatantly over analyze the 4 starts of Hurts. I’m not surprised though. After all you’re the guy who said Carson couldn’t throw the ball at a running backs feet cause a guy ten yards away would teleport there, dive, and pick it off. 😂

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You all take Carson’s career as 2017 and that’s it.

False.

2018, set Eagles single season completion percentage record.

2019, set Eagles single season passing yardage record.

He played poorly one year out of 5.  You act like he played well 1 year out of 5.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

False.

2018, set Eagles single season completion percentage record.

2019, set Eagles single season passing yardage record.

He played poorly one year out of 5.  You act like he played well 1 year out of 5.

Hurts has also set some records in 2020 too. You’re just too busy gushing over Carson to notice. Also these are pretty meaningless stats. It’s like Winston leading the league in passing yards in 2019. If these are your "criticisms” of Carson then it’s no wonder you got it bad for the dude. 

Mods, please move to ATNFL, Indy sub forum. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurts has also set some records in 2020 too. You’re just too busy gushing over Carson to notice. Also these are pretty meaningless stats. It’s like Winston leading the league in passing yards in 2019. If these are your "criticisms” of Carson then it’s no wonder you got it bad for the dude. 

As a poster on one of the last few pages brought up, Wentz is not on the Eagles roster, why do you keep bringing him up ??

Lets discuss the Eagles starting QB, we are Eagles fans.  Are you not concerned the Eagles starting QB completed 45.9% of his passes in the second half ??  Are you not concerned he only led the Eagles to points on 2 of 22 possessions ??  Are you not concerned how easily defensive coordinators adjusted to him at halftime to shut him down ??

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

As a poster on one of the last few pages brought up, Wentz is not on the Eagles roster, why do you keep bringing him up ??

Lets discuss the Eagles starting QB, we are Eagles fans.  Are you not concerned the Eagles starting QB completed 45.9% of his passes in the second half ??  Are you not concerned he only led the Eagles to points on 2 of 22 possessions ??  Are you not concerned how easily defensive coordinators adjusted to him at halftime to shut him down ??

No Mike, not remotely like you are. He will have a full offseason (or close to it), some preseason, is working with his WRs and Avery, and I’m expecting a better showing from him this year. If those trends continue, then we’re picking top 5 and have a chance at Rattler, Howell, etc. 

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

Actually I’m not all that concerned, because he did more in those four games than your god that quit did in 12. On top of that he’s working to improve himself (by the way still waiting on those 31 other messages of quarterbacks in 2021 both working with their receivers and going to quarterback gurus to improve their mechanics you know with it being all common and whatnot) so if nothing else I’m taking a wait see and not writing him off because drafting him hurt the feelings of your god. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

No Mike, not remotely like you are. He will have a full offseason (or close to it), some preseason, is working with his WRs and Avery, and I’m expecting a better showing from him this year. If those trends continue, then we’re picking top 5 and have a chance at Rattler, Howell, etc. 

Pretty much my overall problem with all of these guys. For years they have made excuses for Wentz and blamed everyone but him for not only the failures of the team but his specific mistakes as well, but after 4 games they have written off a rookie? All of 2020 they blamed everyone but Wentz while he was in there throwing into double and triple coverage, but Hurts a rookie was thrown into the same madness, but all the failures were just on him? I’m not saying Hurts will be good, but I am saying let’s see what he actually can do before we trash him. After all his coach last year basically said the season was over if they had to go to Hurts. 

Honestly, there is nothing left to talk about with either of these guys.  One is gone and the other apparently will get his shot in September.  He will have to prove it then.

On 3/19/2021 at 7:47 PM, wyote said:

Yeah, that's crowing. 

No, crowing would be my coming here out of nowhere to remind you guys I was right. I replied to a poster wondering why we were still here by giving a simple, direct reason why. You decided to intervene with a lame, salty comment that was laughably indicative of your inability to understand the context and simply make peace with the situation. Then when I explain it to you, you revert back to your previous statement. I guess the truth hurts.

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

No, crowing would be my coming here out of nowhere to remind you guys I was right. I replied to a poster wondering why we were still here by giving a simple, direct reason why. You decided to intervene with a lame, salty comment that was laughably indicative of your inability to understand the context and simply make peace with the situation. Then when I explain it to you, you revert back to your previous statement. I guess the truth hurts.

That would be me you replied too. Short simple answer all that was needed. You didn't go on some long tangent or throw it in my face that you were right. All good with me! Carry on as you were good sir

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Pretty much my overall problem with all of these guys. For years they have made excuses for Wentz and blamed everyone but him for not only the failures of the team but his specific mistakes as well, but after 4 games they have written off a rookie? All of 2020 they blamed everyone but Wentz while he was in there throwing into double and triple coverage, but Hurts a rookie was thrown into the same madness, but all the failures were just on him? I’m not saying Hurts will be good, but I am saying let’s see what he actually can do before we trash him. After all his coach last year basically said the season was over if they had to go to Hurts. 

Wentz HoMerz, the worst of the worst.. 

He has become like a demi god to them;

-  thou shall not criticize Wentz,

-  thou shall point fingers at others to make Wentz faultless.

Ofcourse Jalen performed bad in a few games where he had no pre season, no training camp, and that shows he is a bust, yeah great logic....

Should've fricken traded Wentz right after Eagles won the superbowl, Yeah 'King's Ransom' was mentioned on the old Eagles message board and these Wentz Homers lost their mind lol.. Oh geez sure couldve used that King's Ransom now in hindsight, it was the right thing to do back then.. Sure Howie wouldve screwed a few picks up but he may have HIT on a few as well..

ARGHHHHHH what a misss

On 3/19/2021 at 7:34 PM, time2rock said:

Dear Lord ... he is gone.  You all need to let it go and move on.  Plenty of other areas to complain about and argue over with the current Eagles team.  :lol:

But not quite as many with the trolling features of Wentz

Who is this Wentz character you speak of? Never heard of him. Go Birds!

1 minute ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Who is this Wentz character you speak of? Never heard of him. Go Birds!

Think he was an Eagles QB at some point in our past.

Really the thread should be moved. Love him, hate him, or somewhere in between he's outta here time to move on.

10 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Should've fricken traded Wentz right after Eagles won the superbowl,

Had you posted this after the SB there would have been a contract hit put on your arse......I'm sure of it!!

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That would be me you replied too. Short simple answer all that was needed. You didn't go on some long tangent or throw it in my face that you were right. All good with me! Carry on as you were good sir

You're cool, I'm just taking care of the butthurt crowd...

tenor.gif.61a6ad64057f038db8692415a11d2b67.gif

19 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

by the way still waiting on those 31 other messages of quarterbacks in 2021 both working with their receivers and going to quarterback gurus

I never said there would be 31 tweets of QB's working with gurus.

I will post the off season workouts of QB's and their receivers as I see them.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Had you posted this after the SB there would have been a contract hit put on your arse......I'm sure of it!!

Right. Just like the contract hit that was put on SBL and Bobbywizdum for arguing this literally the day after the Super Bowl. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

31 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Right. Just like the contract hit that was put on SBL and Bobbywizdum for arguing this literally the day after the Super Bowl. :facepalm:

They went on for months and months about it.

Archived