Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

56 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not really, he stayed another whole year after he was benched. 

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I was joking around either way.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

When are you going to move on? You're the one who keeps talking about him and his fan boys. They must have really got in your head. :lol:

By your comment I’ll take it as you’re tired of me posting about how right I was. Thank you for your  support. 

The triggered Wentzamanicas literally made a thread on how they were okay with Wentz not speaking all while defending him week after week after week. Now that he has spoken and you finally realize he was the one who quit you want to rip people who have been telling you dopes the truth all along? Go become Cults fans and follow your god over there. 

On 3/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Seems to me the only ones talking about wentz are the ones that wanted him gone. hate gingers (?)

15 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I must admit I do not like gingers lol

5 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

If I was better at using the search function, I would, but I'm not wasting my time. I'm fairly certain the only reason you're coming at me is because you're a butthurt Wentz fanboy who is probably on the record the record somewhere desperately claiming that he wasn't an entitled loser failing to hold himself accountable.

If not, then my mistake, but I'm genuinely confused.

If you're not, then tell me, why did you feel the need to come at me apparently in defense of a crybaby loser like Wentz who clearly wanted nothing to do with this team after getting a dose of accountability?

What's your angle? I'm not into guessing games.

Just making fun of you for crowing about this. 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, wyote said:

Just making fun of you for crowing about this.

Crowing? The original comment that set you off was me simply saying that we were still hanging around because we feel vindicated. That seems like a pretty tame statement to make on the subject, so I don't know why it set you off. I don't see how that's unreasonable to feel that way given the environment surrounding this situation. I mean, I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about it if so many hadn't belittled people like me for so long on this topic.

Don't mistake feelings of vindication for satisfaction. Did I want it to turn out this way? No, I'd much rather be wrong, but after being derided for expressing sentiments that turned out to pretty much be spot on, can you blame me for wanting to point out the fact that I my statements were justified and rational? I'm not one to generally take pride in saying "I told you so!" especially in bad situations, but everyone deserves a victory lap now and then when they were scorned for something that turned out to be the truth. Ultimately, if some people could just concede the point and admit that some of us had a better read on the situation, I'd be a lot less charged up about the situation, but so what. It feels good to have your instincts validated, especially when those instincts were a point of contention for so many. I stood by Wentz 'til the bitter end, even if I expressed doubts doubts along the way. I didn't WANT to believe what I was sensing, but when it became clear that those feelings were valid, sure, I took a little pride in that. That only seems natural.

Dear Lord ... he is gone.  You all need to let it go and move on.  Plenty of other areas to complain about and argue over with the current Eagles team.  :lol:

15 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Crowing? The original comment that set you off was me simply saying that we were still hanging around because we feel vindicated. That seems like a pretty tame statement to make on the subject, so I don't know why it set you off. I don't see how that's unreasonable to feel that way given the environment surrounding this situation. I mean, I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about it if people hadn't belittled people like me for so long on this topic. Don't mistake my feeling vindication for satisfaction. Did I want it to turn out this way? No, I'd much rather be wrong, but after being derided for expressing sentiments that turned out to pretty much be spot on, can you blame me for wanting to point out the fact that I my statements were justified and rational? I'm not one to generally take pride in saying "I told you so!" especially in bad situations, but everyone deserves a victory lap now and then when they were scorned for something that turned out to be the truth. Ultimately, if some people could just be concede the point an admit that some of us had a better read on the situation, I'd be a lot less charged up about the situation, but so what. It feels good to have your instincts validated, especially when those instincts were a point of contention for so many. I stood by Wentz 'til the bitter end, even I expressed doubts doubts along the way. I didn't WANT to believe what I was sensing, but when it became clear that those feelings were valid, sure, I took a little pride in that. That only seems natural.

Yeah, that's crowing. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The triggered Wentzamanicas literally made a thread on how they were okay with Wentz not speaking all while defending him week after week after week. Now that he has spoken and you finally realize he was the one who quit you want to rip people who have been telling you dopes the truth all along? Go become Cults fans and follow your god over there. 

You are my god now

9 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Because we've been vindicated.

All good sir. I held out longer then I should have... Just hate seeing this kind of thing become reality. 

21 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Yes.  Good for the Colts and Wentz.  What would the point be to them even wanting to participate, except to continue their negative storylines?   

Exactly. Both parties want a fresh start. In fact the Eagles organisation do too. Its just us fans who would like answers. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly. Both parties want a fresh start. In fact the Eagles organisation do too. Its just us fans who would like answers. 

And neither party involved owes us anything more and never did. 

The Philly media is just an extension of the same bad attitudes that the City represents anymore (as seen in this topic now).  Its all jilted middle school girlfriend stuff and is quite embarassing.

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You are my god now

Just remember bud. If all else fails hate Chip Kelly. 😂

😂🤣😂🤣 Wentz beanbaggers ripping fans over Wentz while their trashing Hurts in another thread. Will the Cults fans ever stop kissing this guys bottom? 🤣😅🤣

47 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

😂🤣😂🤣 Wentz beanbaggers ripping fans over Wentz while their trashing Hurts in another thread. Will the Cults fans ever stop kissing this guys bottom? 🤣😅🤣

I'm not going one way or another with either one them right now. They both showed very troubling accuracy and turnover issues. 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not going one way or another with either one them right now. They both showed very troubling accuracy and turnover issues. 

Well one guy was a rookie and the other everyone says is an MVP.... Anyways I think it’s pretty silly to condemn a guy after basically 4 games of work. Does that mean you have to believe that Hurts is the next anything? No it doesn’t. It’s just pretty lame and stupid to trash a guy before his career even started. 

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well one guy was a rookie and the other everyone says is an MVP.... Anyways I think it’s pretty silly to condemn a guy after basically 4 games of work. Does that mean you have to believe that Hurts is the next anything? No it doesn’t. It’s just pretty lame and stupid to trash a guy before his career even started. 

I'm not condemning him and he has a chance to be good... Just stating some of the downsides to his game were really bad and I won't get to hyped about him... Probably not till after a complete season will I have more of a solid opinion of him that's all. 

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s just pretty lame and stupid to trash a guy before his career even started. 

No one is trashing him, but facts are facts. 45.9% completions in the second half,  and points on 2 of 22 possessions.

33 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not condemning him and he has a chance to be good... Just stating some of the downsides to his game were really bad and I won't get to hyped about him... Probably not till after a complete season will I have more of a solid opinion of him that's all. 

I have no opinion on Hurts other than he’s a hard worker and I like that. Listen the Eagles had TWO quarterbacks who were benched last season. One guy quit (per his own words) while the other guy decided to try and work to get better. Isn’t this the town of Rocky? Don’t we praise the less talented hard working guy? It’s bizzarro land where we love the guy who doesn’t want to be here while trashing the guy who does. 

37 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No one is trashing him, but facts are facts. 45.9% completions in the second half,  and points on 2 of 22 possessions.

When you write anything good about Hurts it would be the first time. When you write anything critical of Wentz that would also be a first. Your bias is clear.

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I have no opinion on Hurts other than he’s a hard worker and I like that. Listen the Eagles had TWO quarterbacks who were benched last season. One guy quit (per his own words) while the other guy decided to try and work to get better. Isn’t this the town of Rocky? Don’t we praise the less talented hard working guy? It’s bizzarro land where we love the guy who doesn’t want to be here while trashing the guy who does. 

Saying Hurts was benched is overstating what happened.

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Rocky is a fictional stupid ass movie about a loser that tried hard.  I want guys with talent. This fan base is obsessed with guys that just try hard. If you try hard and keep your mouth shut they will be on your D forever no matter how mediocre you are lol. 

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Rocky is a fictional stupid ass movie about a loser that tried hard.  I want guys with talent. This fan base is obsessed with guys that just try hard. If you try hard and keep your mouth shut they will be on your D forever no matter how mediocre you are lol. 

a) Rocky is a fictional awesome ass movie franchise. 

b) Eagles fans on the whole don't give a damn about effort; we think we're Rocky but we're actually some kind of spoiled fairy tale princess. We just want the Eagles to win -- no game should be competitive beyond the end of the first quarter or we start having temper tantrums, and if the Eagles actually lose we start wanting our own players to get hurt -- and we want to act like we know everything about football. 

3 minutes ago, wyote said:

a) Rocky is a fictional awesome ass movie franchise. 

b) Eagles fans on the whole don't give a damn about effort; we think we're Rocky but we're actually some kind of spoiled fairy tale princess. We just want the Eagles to win -- no game should be competitive beyond the end of the first quarter or we start having temper tantrums, and if the Eagles actually lose we start wanting our own players to get hurt -- and we want to act like we know everything about football. 

A) I knew I would catch hell for that comment lol

B) 100% true 

Archived